Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Candy  (Read 2022 times)

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Candy
« on: January 26, 2014, 12:15:29 pm »

Just a somewhat random question. What is the largest number of Cotton Candy bars you've had lying around in your forts? I have 30 that I don't know what to ddo with right now. My military is doing well enough, and I don't want to waste them.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 12:27:21 pm by evilman222 »

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candy Wafers
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 12:25:29 pm »

Note: change
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
to Candy for sake of preserving spoilers.

But to answer your question; in my most successful fort I had over three-hundred at one time.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Candy
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:27:57 pm »

Ahh, my bad. Didn't realize that people still didn't know it existed xP And how big was your embark on that one?

Linkxsc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2014, 12:34:32 pm »

Everyone know it exists, its jsut forum banter.

But if your willing, you could spam making coins, then melting them down to give yourself more dippindots

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2014, 12:37:17 pm »

But if your willing, you could spam making coins, then melting them down to give yourself more dippindots

Don't you have to split the stacks of coins for it to work though?

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2014, 12:43:15 pm »

Embark size rarely matters - huge bounties of the blue stuff tend to come from a single very high-reaching tube. Larger embarks improve the chances of scoring such a vein, but the single vein that makes the difference can of course be contained within a 2x2.

The most i've had in one fort was well over a thousand; got a dwarf from nothing to legendary in strand extractor. In my current fort with the most adamantine, i'm in the middle of the extraction, so the majority of it is still raw: 434 raw, 181 strands, 7 rolls of cloth, 74 wafers. I've used very little of it so far - 3 helmets, 3 battle axes, 2 swords, 2 spears, a pick, a minecart, a batch of goblets and one of coins. And three artefacts: a set of chain leggings, a shirt and a war hammer; barely over forty wafers used out of a bit over 700 units mined.

Starweaver396

• Bay Watcher
  • Misplaced
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2014, 01:23:55 pm »

I have 20 axes, 49 breastplates, 45 greaves, 47 helms, 80 high boots, 78 gauntlets, 18 short swords, 15 spears, 1 pick(lol, miners are badass), 152 strands, 191 wafers, 31 raw, 1 (raw) piccolo, 1 sarcophagus, and 1 statue.

Didn't realize I was so low on...candy. I found a vein in third cavern and dug it down to the sea. Guess I need to dig it the depths. Extractors at level 14, 12, 10, and 6.
...a limbless, headless, bloodless and mutilated dwarf torso that is nevertheless kept alive through benevolent faerie magicks. He is blind, helpless, and in excruciating pain, and yet does not die...
E: I should point out that this is all because of Starweaver giving me inspiration   Aren't you happy with yourself, Starweaver?

KingBacon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2014, 03:37:08 pm »

The most I've had a one time was like 600 waffers (this was a fort with 4k ore, I've had sites with 20k+ though I usually got bored with those before I dug the tasty blue stuff up.) In total I must have smelted 1800 waffers to make 120 suits of armor and more short swords than you could shake a fist at.
    e    e   e    U   U     
, , , . , , , , , , , ; , , , , , ; , , , , , 
. . . . . . . e U e   . . 0╬0 
###x##############
###x .  . ☼ ☼####£####
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2014, 03:44:22 pm »

Sweet mother of Armok... What did you need all of that for?

itg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2014, 05:09:17 pm »

But to answer your question; in my most successful fort I had over three-hundred at one time.

Adamantine is clearly listed on a number of in-game menus, so I don't see why the word needs to be put in spoilers. It's the associated risks that need spoiler tags.

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2014, 05:23:52 pm »

Adamantine is clearly listed on a number of in-game menus, so I don't see why the word needs to be put in spoilers. It's the associated risks that need spoiler tags.

That is true. My first trip to the circus was as enjoyable as it was angering.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2014, 09:20:24 pm »

As was mine. When I first started DF I had no idea such a substance existed until my miners ran into it. My three hundred wafers of candy were extracted and, being in no hurry, found several other veins to mine. I mined the first until I hit slade, then mined the second until I hit the clown car.

I scrambled my military, my modded in Giant Cave War Spiders holding the line admirably until my militia arrived. I managed to take down about half of them, then my line of spiders fell, then my military. I walled off the the first cavern from the second, vowing to return and kill them all in retaliation...

Now I want a good war. Does anyone know a few good mods that make combat more interesting? Could be adding new species or new intricacies, I'm in a mood.

*Beast Tamer releases a laugh, fell and terrible.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 26, 2014, 11:50:52 pm »

As was mine. When I first started DF I had no idea such a substance existed until my miners ran into it. My three hundred wafers of candy were extracted and, being in no hurry, found several other veins to mine. I mined the first until I hit slade, then mined the second until I hit the clown car.

I scrambled my military, my modded in Giant Cave War Spiders holding the line admirably until my militia arrived. I managed to take down about half of them, then my line of spiders fell, then my military. I walled off the the first cavern from the second, vowing to return and kill them all in retaliation...

Now I want a good war. Does anyone know a few good mods that make combat more interesting? Could be adding new species or new intricacies, I'm in a mood.

*Beast Tamer releases a laugh, fell and terrible.

Ahem. It's:

Lielac looses a roaring laughter, fell and terrible!

I think you'll like the Fortress Defense mod. 10 more always hostile civs! It's for 0.34.07, apparently, but eh.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2014, 05:17:05 am »

Try Masterwork. Lots of new races and challenges. The only problem it has is that, maybe, changes too much. (loses a bit of the DF unique flavor), and is more high fantasy (Damn, you can make an army of magmamancers that breath fire) than low. Still, really enjoyable.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

evilman222

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2014, 08:28:22 am »

And it includes Fortress Defense. I use Masterwork as well. Great mod. Been hiding in my fort from a Jotun siege for the past six months. Even an army completely equipped with candy doesn't stand a chance against 200 hellfire-breathing giants  :-X
Pages: [1] 2