Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180954 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #1680 on: June 10, 2019, 05:35:37 am »

The Psilocybin Ranger is my new 2nd-favourite superhero.   

I have whisky.
I have no food.
I pour too hard.
Oops.
Don't sweat it, whiskey basically counts as bread or pasta or some shit anyway. Yay for priorities!   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: June 10, 2019, 06:15:31 am »

Whisky is liquid. Therefore, it counts as breakfast cereal.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: June 10, 2019, 07:39:47 am »

Only if you mix it with some grain product.

Luckily, beer.

Also, since my D&D group has an anti-undead cleric and a virgin paladin in it, I'm gonna have to work a zombie prostitute into the story sometime.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: June 10, 2019, 07:58:53 am »

Only if you mix it with some grain product.

Luckily, beer.
Whisky already is a grain product, so it automatically completes its breakfast self.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: June 10, 2019, 08:46:28 am »

Hmm, true. Wait, then dairy? Maybe some kind of White Russian, a la The Dude?

Yeah, that'd do it. Breakfast of champions. Except, I dunno how well whiskey would substitute for vodka.

This calls for experimental testing.

Genius or sheer idiocy? Only time will tell.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: June 10, 2019, 10:07:13 am »

Cursory Google searches lead me to believe that whiskey-based white russians are a thing.

Given my current hobby, I may have to start making these the next time I do a traditional. Not sure I like the idea of cream and juniper. Or cream and elderberry. Maybe cream and strawberry. That'd probably be amazing.

Don't do this. Dairy and alcohol don't go together. I don't know what the ABV of this batch of mead is but it curdled the cream pretty much instantly.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 06:08:07 pm by Mephisto »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: June 10, 2019, 10:21:07 pm »

After two glasses of low-ABV wine I'm just staring at this unopened bottle of gin in wonderment.  I am *very* aware, theoretically, of how much this fluid would fuck me up.  Even half of it might kill me if I drank it fast enough.  Certainly ruin my entire tomorrow.  Yet it's clear like water - completely transparent, like it's nothing.  And I don't feel fear when I look at it.  I should, but I don't.

There's a short-term association.  When I wake up after drinking too much, I'm strongly averse to alcohol for at least a day or three.  But I haven't had liquor for a few weeks, so somehow I'm beholding this bottle as if it's a fresh experience.  Like it could be water.

tldr; When I play with liquor I don't always form long-term memories :P
I do tend to stop drinking for a while, though.

Hrmph, bingeing is probably more system stress than long-term exposure.  If it's like sugar/diabetes.
On the other hand it satisfies/knocks me out quicker, so I have less time to post embarrassing things...  My most regretful days have started with sipping wine shortly after noon (then noticing a political discussion).  With liquor I just giggle incoherently at a handful of music videos, maybe scrawl a message to myself, and drift to sleep.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1687 on: June 11, 2019, 05:34:09 pm »

tbh if you wan't incentive to stop drinking move to mozzi country, the more you drink the more mosquitoes smell you and the more they bite

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: June 11, 2019, 08:33:09 pm »

Oh I'm drinking a lot less than I used to actually!  I was just worried, since I have a habit of underestimating liquor when I haven't had any in a while.  So I was reminding myself.

Night was pretty pleasant, maybe as a result!  Chatted on Discord about webcomics and retro games, and exchanged e3 and DND "hot takes" with my RL friends.  Basically no waxing philosophical or sharing of childhood stories.  And even though I didn't overindulge, I feel like I had plenty for a few days :)
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: June 11, 2019, 08:40:04 pm »

Booze is Life for Yoink

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: June 12, 2019, 12:29:05 am »

tbh if you wan't incentive to stop drinking move to mozzi country, the more you drink the more mosquitoes smell you and the more they bite
For a second I thought you were using "mozzi" as a term to describe muslims. Then the mosquitoes came.

I just woke up, give my tired head a break.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: June 12, 2019, 02:34:52 am »

I am currently curing my persistent, dry chesty cough with extreme prejudice. ^-^   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: June 12, 2019, 08:58:41 pm »

Hoo... just shared some shots of gin with my housemate.  First two shots, after which I started on some icewater.  He took a third, then a fourth... and wowzers.  I knew it was deceptive, but it's really something seeing how quick it works on someone else.  We've had drinking parties, but with mixed drinks - muuuuuch slower.  Shots are... aptly named.  Good for working off some disappointment, in this case.

I'm up to 4 now myself, but I've politely removed the bottle from the equation.  Wasn't hard, he agrees that 5 is his limit, heh.  My tolerance somewhat worries me, being slightly buzzed to his cheerfully drunk, but it's alright.  I might have another 2 in the next couple of hours before sleep, or maybe I'm fine like this and a nice video game.

I'd continue to keep him company but I spent the day with my dad, I'm social'd out - and another friend is online to lend an ear, so it's all good (:
mm, it's raining~
She/they

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1693 on: June 13, 2019, 06:45:59 am »

For a second I thought you were using "mozzi" as a term to describe muslims. Then the mosquitoes came.
I just woke up, give my tired head a break.
I mean, I can see how you'd think that, in hindsight they both provide incentives to stop drinking ;]
One of my best nights out was a curry night where my muslim m8s peer pressured everyone into not drinking

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: June 13, 2019, 06:52:09 am »

I respect those who have beliefs that endorse abstinence from alcohol. However, as a pastafarian, the holy sacraments of my faith demand I consume alcohol and engage in delights of the flesh on Fridays, his holy day.

That reminds me, I need to go buy more booze tomorrow.
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 141