Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180866 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #450 on: July 19, 2016, 05:32:01 am »

Hmm, can't recall ever trying Bulgarian wine. Looks like Stambolovo's 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon. Any verdict on taste? I'd imagine with five years it's mellowed well.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #451 on: July 19, 2016, 12:37:03 pm »

What does aging wine actually do? I've never quite followed.

And if you aged beer, would it just go flat?

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: July 19, 2016, 12:49:16 pm »

And if you aged beer, would it just go flat?

Not if it's in a properly sealed bottle. There is one type on beer in Belgium (Orval) which many consider better when aged for a year or two. Never been a huge fan, but I'm not a huge fan of the beer itself. The taste change is hard to describe, something like more bitter, and drier?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: July 19, 2016, 07:34:19 pm »

Depends on the wine! Most wines don't really benefit from prolonged aging.

Everything that goes into the winemaking, the grapes, when they were harvested, where they were harvested, how the wine was made, how it was bottled and how it was stored will affect how the wine ages.

I don't really know the chemistry behind it, but the "aging" comes from the interaction of the different compounds in the wine such as sugars, acids, tannins etc...

Over time the taste, aroma and mouthfeel will change. 

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: July 20, 2016, 06:16:41 am »

Mostly tends to get rid of the yeasty aftertaste and tart tannins present in dry red varietals such as Cabernet Sauvignon. They're best anywhere between 4-20 years after bottling, though they're still decently drinkable if you don't mind a less complex palate. If you're a drinker of sweeter wine then don't bother, since it's not worth trying to mellow something that has virtually no appreciable tannin content.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: July 23, 2016, 12:26:04 am »

I am going to get drunk!

How I intend to do this with only 3 bottles of beer, I don't know, but I'll do it somehow.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: July 23, 2016, 12:33:07 am »

...Drink beer, break empty bottle, use broken bottle to mug folks for more booze money? ???

In related news, I plan on equipping a shirt and walking down to the nearest bottle shop shortly.
I'm feeling pretty damn lazy, but it needs to be done.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: July 23, 2016, 12:35:05 am »

I live in a small town, look like a caveman and I'm probably the only person with a Scottish accent for miles around.

Oh wait, I mean it's illegal.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: July 23, 2016, 02:08:01 am »

Beer has been acquired! :D
I was going to go with something fairly standard, but then I stepped into the cool room (quite pleasant on an unusually warm day like today, by the way) and spotted a cool-looking bright yellow box. Turns out it was a Columbian beer called Aguila, which I ended up buying. Maybe not as strong as some of the beers I drink, but it's quite nice!

Also the base colour of the box matched that of my shirt. Didn't notice that 'til now.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: July 23, 2016, 02:29:52 am »

I have no beer :'(

I find myself arguing with people in my head about things that haven't happened, regarding things that don't exist.

Fucking what.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: July 23, 2016, 03:04:58 am »

Sorry to hear that. :(
I'd share my beer, but you exist in some nebulous place on the other side of the internet. Alas.

Related: I am listening to Tankard. Great band.
Maybe their new stuff isn't quite as good as their classic albums, but it's still an enjoyable listen. At least whilst drinking beer, anyway!
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: July 23, 2016, 03:07:37 pm »

... Drinking wine for the past couple weeks has made coors light taste really... opposite of sweet.  Got too used to the sweet taste.

Seriously, why does this taste so sour?  It should be slightly bitter, mostly nothing.  Well, maybe the carbonation makes it sour, but it was never so strong.
Might be because I was using rinsed-out beer bottles as wine glasses to save on dishes, so there's some weird association going on.

Boxed wine sure is easy to get a comfortable buzz from without getting drunk, though.  I'd like something like it but unsweet, but I guess my best bet would be a mixed drink with tomato juice instead of fruit.  Which I've done before, tastes pretty damn good.  The alcohol just sneaks up on me in that scenario.

Sorry to hear that. :(
I'd share my beer, but you exist in some nebulous place on the other side of the internet. Alas.

Related: I am listening to Tankard. Great band.
Maybe their new stuff isn't quite as good as their classic albums, but it's still an enjoyable listen. At least whilst drinking beer, anyway!
This is Tankard Basher.  Not by Tankard, but a DF fan song.  I love drinking to this guy's work, especially this one!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1gF0uhHsqk
The wine is sweet, the wine is bloody
The beer is black, the beer is dark
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 03:11:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: July 25, 2016, 04:58:41 am »

Oooh, I'll have to give that a listen next time I'm on an actual computer!
I think there's quite a bit of good DF fan music I haven't listened to, actually.

...Boxed wine? Buzzed without drunk? Cask wine buzzed without drunk?
What kind of weak-arse goon are you drinking?! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: July 25, 2016, 06:15:07 am »

Considering that Australians have been making goon bags for nigh on eighty years now, I'd say we're probably better at offering a head-poundingly wide range of products for the discerning connoisseur. Having sampled a wide variety of the worst Australia has to offer, I can safely say there is a special delight in pouring wine from a plastic spigot. I fully intend to reacquaint myself with this pleasure in a week's time.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 04, 2016, 10:31:21 pm »

Never
EVER
Drink the last drop of alcohol in your haven/home.

If possible, have a dense reserve like a bottle of liquor.  Ideally one that you would pick up and think...  "Eh...  maybe...  I've had enough."

Or if something shitty has happened, quaff a gulp!  Fuck the world! 
Ucat udir ucat umon
Otin netak otin nashom
[The beer is black, the beer is dark]
[The wine is sweet, the wine is blood]
Or deb avuz
[Drink, Eat, Mine!]
Rash numol libush thol!
[[death lonesome axe deep]]
Up to interpretation, maybe.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 141