Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180907 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #330 on: March 07, 2016, 05:15:54 pm »

Yeah, I used to do a similar one with a mix of butterscotch schnapps, coffee liqueur, milk and chicory syrup poured over ice. Tastes a lot like a butterscotch iced coffee with a kick.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: March 08, 2016, 06:45:51 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: March 08, 2016, 07:51:12 am »

I can't view that link easily on my phone, but I'm 99% sure I know what it's about. :'(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: March 08, 2016, 07:57:15 am »

fuckfuckfuckfuckityfuck
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: March 08, 2016, 08:19:38 am »

Well. Today I saw a few vague things about that around the internet, but only just now I got around to reading it in more detail.
That's really depressing... the people in control of this country have so little grasp on reality. Looks like I will have to shave money off my already-small food budget. Good-bye to the occasional dosa, burrito or whatever. I'm gonna be living on... I'm not sure, really. I probably won't be able to afford any food, much less to improve my currently poor nutrition.

Now more than ever I wish I'd thought of getting dual citizenship (both of my parents were born overseas, actually) earlier, before I was too old to easily do so. Then it would just be a matter of rustling up money for airfares and I could leave this forsaken place behind for good.
Can I reuse the crying emoticon? It's the only one that really conveys my feelings here. :'(
Thanks.
Booze is Life for Yoink

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: March 08, 2016, 11:12:25 am »

Well... that's silly. Economic arguments don't really work when you're trying to reduce sales.

I'm sorry your government is a bit mental, though, Aussies.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: March 08, 2016, 11:20:10 am »

As popular as they are, I can never really get into those alcoholic versions of typically-nonalcoholic drinks (mostly ginger beer, here). Just seems weird to me, I guess.

Those have picked my attention but I can't find them where I live. My go-to place for diverse alcoholic beverages doesn't have them...

Also I find it funny to drink at "awkward" hours when you have a odd schedule of work. Like when you say to someone that you drink in the morning... when you're working night shifts.
Yeah that's pretty much my situation lol.
Also alcohol tastes waaaay different shortly after waking up, seems more effective but kinda scarily so.  So I almost never, I wait until 1PM (my 5'oclock).
It's a good thing I don't have to drive to my night shift though, even though I'm almost always sober by then.

Edit:  Also this is kinda funny if you remember Twilight Breaking Dawn:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1WMDl5eAKs
The Spoony One basically rants about it with friends and rum.  For a whole 1.5 hours.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: March 10, 2016, 05:32:38 am »

Yeah, it's pretty clear that Australia is a horrible place to enjoy alcohol. Note that it's actually illegal here to own distillation equipment too, so anything other than home-made wine will get you fined.

Luckily for me, if I'm desperate enough I have access through work to pharmaceutical grade ethanol suitable for use for human consumption when diluted. No excise tax on that!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: March 10, 2016, 08:13:34 am »

Or just go for ether. It's what the Irish did when the English started taxing spirits.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: March 10, 2016, 10:06:30 pm »

Can one of you please explain how the heck people get drunk off of beer? Because I'm working on it right now, but even after four shots of vodka it's a pain.

Just...why don't you just mix a shot of hard liquor into five shots of water and chug it? That'd be a much more enjoyable experience than chugging an entire can of beer. I feel the need to chase this beer with my pepsi but I can't cause I'd just puke on everything. Alcohol isn't supposed to have calories or flavor beyond burn.

As far as I'm aware I'd have to drink...at least five CANS of this stuff to be having a happy time? But that'd take me at least 5 hours. I chugged one in the paragraph above but that wasn't a fun experience.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: March 10, 2016, 10:10:57 pm »

Can one of you please explain how the heck people get drunk off of beer? Because I'm working on it right now, but even after four shots of vodka it's a pain.

Just...why don't you just mix a shot of hard liquor into five shots of water and chug it? That'd be a much more enjoyable experience than chugging an entire can of beer. I feel the need to chase this beer with my pepsi but I can't cause I'd just puke on everything. Alcohol isn't supposed to have calories or flavor beyond burn.

As far as I'm aware I'd have to drink...at least five CANS of this stuff to be having a happy time? But that'd take me at least 5 hours. I chugged one in the paragraph above but that wasn't a fun experience.
Ugh I can't stand coke or pepsi.  Ginger ale maybe.
I'm using tap water with rum.

But yeah I cannot stand sweet sodas or sweet beers, or getting drunk off IPAs purely.  I love the taste of IPAs.  They're perfect for getting tipsy with friends while looking kinda tough.  Because heh is this bitter enough to survive a trip around the world, I barely noticed, it's tasty.

And weirdly, it actually is pretty tasty now.

But yeah the carbs bother me, and sweet beers (cheap beers that aren't lite) are just bluuuuuh.  I always wake up with a sore throat.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: March 11, 2016, 12:53:06 am »

Since my wife is a slim hotty and told me I'm gonna get less sack action if I keep growing a gut, I've gone off the beers myself. Shame too, since I have some epic sized glass tankards for dumping a couple of bottles into at a time.

Personally, I like the taste of beer. It's refreshing and enjoyable after doing something that works up a sweat. See previous paragraph for examples.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: March 11, 2016, 03:12:38 am »

How does one get drunk on regular beer without adding spirits to it (read: cheating)???

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: March 11, 2016, 03:17:40 am »

...Drink ten pints of it?
Booze is Life for Yoink

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: March 11, 2016, 03:20:49 am »

But that makes you piss out the stuff that makes you drunk
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 141