Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180478 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #165 on: December 13, 2015, 03:47:19 am »

Nope, ate a small plate of fries and chicken strips beforehand. May have been placebo effect, it's hard to tell.
Actually now that I look back at it, the effects didn't set in immediately, or even in a few minutes - took at least 5 or 10 probably to hit full swing.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 13, 2015, 03:57:36 am »

Or could be. I guess it's just that my drunkard's liver make being that drunk after a single swig impossible :p.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #167 on: December 13, 2015, 04:02:56 am »

Well, on a small meal and a large swig of neat vodka, it's not impossible.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 13, 2015, 04:05:04 am »

I just have a hard time understanding why people desire that. If I'd been by myself I'd have spent the next several hours quivering in existential dread. As it is I was too lovedrunk to do that, but the inclination was there.
Sig! Onol

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 13, 2015, 04:21:09 am »

Well, you were too drunk.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 13, 2015, 04:28:47 am »

True that. I kept on getting this feeling that I should be terrified by the inability to think as well as I could before but I was too drunk to really process it.
Sig! Onol

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 13, 2015, 05:23:29 am »

Huh. Strangely, I drink at least in part because of the exact opposite reason: being drunk helps me forget about my existential dread; if you're too busy butterfingering your thoughts and giggling at everything you ain't angsting internally about how you're going to die in a few short decades.

Unrelated: been trying some new super-dry cider. Pretty good, though without any food to cut the taste it's a bit too abrupt on the first swallow or two.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 13, 2015, 07:40:43 am »

Effects of being drunk for me:
  • Woah, am I talking? I didn't know I could talk that much.
  • Hey, I'm funny. I forgot I was funny.
  • I am a master of all games, including sports somehow.
  • Supernatural resistance to both heat and cold acquired.
  • I am much more likely to smack my limbs into things but much less likely to notice.
  • Physical inability to think about things outside of this night and the hypothetical "next party."

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 13, 2015, 08:08:15 am »

What PoH said, but mostly what Flying Dice said.  Also to deal with social anxiety/anticipation.  I've actually been barely drinking recently because I'm safely at home and working on interesting projects (with online friends) which keep the dread away.
Getting sickeningly drunk is on my horizon right after Christmas and a few days before.

But in moderation it can be pretty nice, everything gets really funny and social interaction is easier.  Don't have to get "drunk" for that, I'd call that "buzzed" or "tipsy".
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 13, 2015, 08:24:26 am »

Getting drunk is at least 100 times as pleasant as being sober, in my case.
It just removes some of my crippling shyness, lessens the impact of my constant anxious thoughts, and in general makes me far happier and more enjoyable to be around. No longer am I worrying if I'm standing in the right place within the room, I'm just enjoying being there and, amazingly, interacting with the people around me.

Or if the people around me are as boring as hell, I don't care as much anyway.

I've noticed people have different experiences with booze, often depending on what kind of personality they have normally... my mother is one of those "I don't understand why you'd want to feel like that" kind of people, but then she has an extremely outgoing personality to begin with. Seriously- her response when made uncomfortable is simply to talk more. :P

Meanwhile I am terrified of speaking to people whilst sober, then become completely awesome once I've had a few drinks.
I just need to remember to slow down before I become too awesome, destabilizing the fabric of reality in my vicinity and causing widespread destruction and mayhem- never pleasant when that happens.
Well, so I'm told. I generally don't remember. ^-^

Edit: Oh yeah, since I'm in the Drunk Thread I might as well say this here: lack of beer money made me sad today/last night.
Sure I had fun anyway seeing a band I had been looking forward to for months, but it would have been far more enjoyable if I'd had the nerve to actually socialize with some of the like-minded and seemingly cool people who were also there. 
I need to spend the last of my money posting/sending a gift tomorrow, and then I'll be back to being stony broke. :<
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 08:28:12 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 13, 2015, 05:51:52 pm »

Hoo boy, most of the time I'd rather be either sober or drunk. Being tipsy means that I'm drunk enough to do stupid things but sober enough to care that I am about five minutes after the fact.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 14, 2015, 04:46:21 am »

Seems the majority of the folks here drink to lubricate their social skills.

Personally, I just enjoy a bottle of beer or a glass of wine after work to unwind after the stress. I admit to indulging in a few drinks during my weekly Pathfinder game though, though not to get in character. If anything my uptight elf Wizard character is the exact opposite of myself while drunk. Still, it's fun to be buzzed and cracking ultra-terrible puns across the table in a duel to the groaning death of lame-ass wisecrackery.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 16, 2015, 01:21:13 am »

Oh, I definitely don't have a final tomorrow that'd be quite irresponsible. Since I'm most definitely not drinking let's post some responses

Hoo boy, most of the time I'd rather be either sober or drunk. Being tipsy means that I'm drunk enough to do stupid things but sober enough to care that I am about five minutes after the fact.

See, I'm the opposite way. I'd much rather be tipsy. I have a history of not making smart decisions well drunk. I got really drunk one day earlier this year to alleviate stress and allegedly tried to jokingly leave my room through a three storey high (wow look at that British spelling) window. Alas, I have no memory of literally that entire night. Drunk me also tends to think that drinking more is a good idea, to unsafe levels. And also almost had medical care called for me which would have been a huge *****.

I'm much better at all that now, but I'd still rather be at that point between sober and drunk where I am a much happier person and don't give a damn what others say or think, but still retain important human functions like memory, breathing, and not being a _complete_ idiot.

What exactly is "tipsy," anyways? All these alcohol words have such vague definitions :(

Seems the majority of the folks here drink to lubricate their social skills.

I should try that sometimes. I'm pretty much always the only one drinking when I drink. Welp. I think a younger version of myself promised I wouldn't do that but oh well.

Also I'm literally ten times better at cards against humanity while drinking. I mean I was the only one drinking that night, too, but I won so it's okay, right? right? right?

Excuse me, I need to set a reminder on my phone to read this post tomorrow and rethink everything.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 16, 2015, 03:06:06 am »

Sounds like a fun time!

Spoiler: In other news... (click to show/hide)

I could only afford one beer on my way home, but at least it's a big 'un.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

k33n

• Bay Watcher
  • So it goes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 17, 2015, 10:35:39 pm »

Does being baked as heck count?
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 141