Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 181039 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #915 on: June 19, 2018, 12:16:33 pm »

To remove all the *other* carbs, right? :P
Cab Sav is one of the few sweet things I consume, and it's not nearly as sugary as some other wines, but it is something.  I find myself eating less grain/potatoes when I'm having wine, and especially when I have a lot of non-lite beer.  I just don't feel as hungry, which is lucky for me I suppose.
Though uh some source of fiber might be a good idea.

For moderation I've been drinking a real beer or two, then following it up with all the virgin diet ginger ale I want.  Enough to get a nice slight buzz, then satisfy the habit part, then sleep.  It's pretty great!  I got actually drunk Friday night but it was fun and happy instead of feeling desperate.

And instead of drunk rants in various notepads, I get to remember my weird-ass dreams.  Not the worst trade-off, at least currently.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 19, 2018, 12:20:59 pm »

Meh, I try to eat a shitload of carbs anyway.
Probably not getting a six-pack any time soon, but oh well. :P
* Yoink washes down an imaginary, hypothetical burrito with a big ol' pint of also-imaginary lager.

...Damnit, now I'm hungry. I wish I were joking.
That autocorrected to "I wish I were killing". Twice. Should I be worried? Is my phone possessed?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 19, 2018, 12:34:31 pm »

Heh, you should see *my* autocomplete. We do use Skype for our NWoD discussions...

I still use beer as an excuse to go walking, it's pretty good incentive. Even when I don't feel like drinking it right away. But frick, it's 95F again today...
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 19, 2018, 12:41:01 pm »

But frick, it's 95F again today...
Well, now I'm jealous. Probably even more jealous than I'd be if someone said they were eating a burrito, haha.   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 20, 2018, 03:31:06 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:13:29 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Billy

• Bay Watcher
  • 2495 2837 1566
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 20, 2018, 03:53:25 am »

7°C 44°F
4 shots of Drambuie on ice and a singular mushroom as I say goodbye to this years season and the winter solstice comes on.
Woolen socks and my green woolen bush shirt keeping me warm in this temperate climate.
Feels real good to be alive for this short while.
Lets keep our fats up and our spirits high as we spin away from the sun my southern brothers and sisters

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 20, 2018, 04:01:45 am »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 07:13:23 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: June 26, 2018, 02:51:13 am »

I'm currently drinking beer and playing DF, sweet... 8)
How much beer are you planning on drinking?
Might I suggest a Drunk Fortress turn? :D

Maybe some day when I plan on getting properly drunk I'll try a turn in Drunk Fortress. :)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 26, 2018, 10:12:40 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:36:41 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 26, 2018, 11:27:48 pm »

-
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 05:36:28 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: June 27, 2018, 07:47:17 am »

I'ma do a Rolan!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA8gJoT5yl4

Pretty much sums up my day. Dealing with the public is a task best followed by copious drinking.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 27, 2018, 08:23:17 am »

Maybe some day when I plan on getting properly drunk I'll try a turn in Drunk Fortress. :)

It's an interesting idea but I can't do it. I drink and I get tired.

Got home from D&D on Monday night around 9:45. "Bedtime" is normally 11 or later. I just flopped in bed and passed out in my big person clothes.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: June 27, 2018, 08:55:42 am »

Hmm, I will consider drunk fortress. It is obviously the best idea to do this drunk weekend while partying with friends. That said, I also have to design a drone this weekend. Not a real one, but kinda close.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 27, 2018, 02:07:27 pm »

I'm too lucid a drunk to do Drunk Fortress.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 01, 2018, 09:24:34 pm »

So I have opinions about Admiral Nelson's Coconut Rum.  Has anyone else tried this... saccharine mess?

My rum of choice was always Captain Morgan spiced (the orange one) or, after a point, shit-tier Aristocrat.  They burned like bejeezus, and that was just how I liked it.  If I'm drinking liquor, I want a little warning with every taste.  I'm not one for mixed drinks, they trick me :P

Well, this Coconut Rum is basically a mixed drink, or... they didn't actually brew all the sugar??  I know I have an anti-sweet-tooth, where sugar triggers me, but this is Arbor Mist level!  Compared to what I expect, it keeps reminding me of MCDONALD'S ICE TEA, which is an alchemical horror which should coalesce into sugar candy around a dropped hair.

What I'm saying is that Admiral Nelson's Coconut rum is sweeter than I expected.  The hint of coconut is nice, though, as is the vague hint that it is alcoholic whatsoever.  *despite being highly alcoholic*.  If I had a marker I would paint a biohazard warning on this trap.

Also I very much approve of Jimmy's characterization of me as "drunkenly posting music", if I have that right (:  Hells yeah.  I'm just listening to more Carmen Miranda, I would post it but I've done so a lot already.  Recently this cheerful bar song oh woops~
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 141