Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180475 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #540 on: December 14, 2016, 01:24:57 am »

...Did I eat anything but wine today?
Well, I way overate yesterday, so I suppose it's fine.  Wine has quite a bit of sugar anyway.

And actually, I'm still experiencing a weird thing.  If I don't drink wine, I get extremely hungry.  Even gluttonous...  which is a sensation I'm not exactly used to.  But if I have some red wine, I don't get the sensation.  It's bizarre.  I guess it started when I recently began drinking red wine regularly, but I've never heard of such a problem.

I'm not hungry, so yay diet?
Interesting, haven't noticed that myself but I've never really thought about it before. Will have to observe my drunken eating habits in future.

Anyway, Jägermeister is great. So very, very great.
I wish I knew how to make umlauts more easily on my phone or laptop, but other than that, the stuff is amazing. Just having a cheeky wee shot or two, but it just feels nice from the get-go. So tasty.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: December 16, 2016, 12:47:51 pm »

The spirits shop was out of my ordinary vodka, so I had to go Polish on this occasion. I do not mind, however. Vodka Dworek is a reliable little thing. It is less pure, but it has the sort of character that plays nice, and can still be engaging on its own.

They had a depressing amount of Absolut Vodka for sale, however. That is swill, feed it to the pigs. It is almost Christmas, the little dears could use some spirits for their spirits.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: December 20, 2016, 02:13:12 pm »

Woah-ho!
One of the many productive manic-panic things I did yesterday was get an entire case of Sierra Nevada extra-IPA.  Fucking thank you, past-me!

Seriously though, this is fucking delicious!  I've been getting somewhat-buzzed on freakin Franzia for so long, with bits of Coors Light, I forgot what good beer tastes like.

It's also way more potent than I remembered, so... yeah...  I should probably go sabbatical and definitely not call up my ex.  Yep, definitely should not do that.  That is a thing, I should not do.

Doing that would be a bad idea okay?  Okay signing OUT~
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: December 21, 2016, 08:44:50 am »

Jeez, that sounds delicious. Congratulations! Enjoy! And call whoever the fuck you want!

Me, I'm just drinkin' goon an
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: December 22, 2016, 06:03:18 am »

Dammit, I told myself that bottle of Bacardi rum was for this Friday.

Curse you past self, I'll make you pay for your treachery!

(Probably by buying more booze, which actually doesn't seem such a punishment in hindsight, but what the hell, drunk logic FTW)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: December 22, 2016, 07:18:41 pm »

My legal drinking career starts on Monday so I'll be here a lot the next couple of weeks.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: December 24, 2016, 03:19:48 pm »

It's twenty past six! (or seven if you buy into that DST bullshit)
Let the Christmas Day drinking begin! :D   
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: December 25, 2016, 07:35:18 pm »

Complicated work schedules have aligned such that I have my mom's place to myself tonight!
And dad got me a case of Sierra Nevada- not torpoedoes this time, but "celebration" IPA.  Kinda tickled that he got me SN just like I got myself SN last week.  I usually go Coors for cheap, Blue Moon for decent, local Green Man for quality.

I think I like drinking with my friends, but I can't stand to do it around my family.  So this is nice.  Big day tomorrow, and I've done SO well so far, so I believe a moderate celebration is in order.
I hope so.  It's well underway :P
Watching my show on Netflix, sharing favors with my friends via Fallen London, occasionally messing with FF Tactics on my phone, yeah.  This is good (:
Merry, better-than-expected Christmas season!  Glad yours was decent too, Yoink (:

oh and omg these cheesy spinach balls (which I helped make) are SO GOOD

Edit +1:30:  Yeaaah tbh at this point I'm drinking hard because my younger brother might be coming in soon (no clear ETA, might be doing a 2 hour drive "after dinner", and it's 9PM here now).
We get on well online.  Pretty well.  We have shared pain.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 09:19:55 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: December 25, 2016, 10:56:27 pm »

Well, Chrismas is gone, and I only had one drink.

If you count half a glass of straight rum in a one litre beer mug topped off with a double strength hard cider as one drink, I suppose.

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: December 27, 2016, 07:29:23 pm »

Might get drunk this year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: December 30, 2016, 06:52:07 pm »

Bros over hoes!
And trust me, there is nothing gendered about that statement in my case.  In fact...
RAILS OVER PAILS

Really though.  My friends are awesome, whether I'm drunk or not.
And I am, aheh, pretty fucking drunk.  Planning to go farther.  Happy weekend, all!!

Oooh ooh also I meant to link this yesterday but I held back because I think I linked it at least twice already:
http://imgur.com/gallery/g19vTEt
This was pretty much me last night.  I literally stumbled in, put on a face, and did my bestest to simulate a normal hunam bean.
And it worked out pretty well (though maybe I accidentally asked for more spinach and olives after they literally just added that).  And I tipped as I always do, which isn't really required for standing service, but I do appreciate the service.

Specifically it's a local non-chain burrito shop, not kebab, but they wrap the delicious beans and tofu or chicken in wonderful spinach pitas...  With extra spinach and guacamole...
sooooo worth the drunk walk
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: December 31, 2016, 02:31:27 am »

Feeling nicely buzzed after a couple beers, two wines and a can o' bourbon, time to leave the house and catch a train into what promises to be a wild night.

Also shaddap Rolan you're making me hungry <.<
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: December 31, 2016, 05:52:14 am »

Thank GOD this year's over.

Thank ZEUS my friend left a half bottle of Bacardi behind last night.

Thank RA my other friend left a bottle of Coke too.

Thank BUDDHA I've got two days off to enjoy it all.

Thank MOTHER GAIA for my body's semipermeable central nervous system and the inhibitory effects of alcohol thereupon.

Thank !!SCIENCE!! for ethyl hydrate, ethyl hydroxide, ethylol, hydroxyethane, methylcarbinol and dimethyl hydroxyl.

I did three hours of unpaid overtime on New Year's Eve. I think I deserve this.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 03, 2017, 10:13:01 pm »

Okay, I'd like to chip into that prayer myself with something that actually matters to me.  I probably have a few options...
First off, there's the second half of this bottle of rum...  That's, well, the best option.
The remainder of my meal is mere dregs, not really important.
I'm looking at pieces of equipment...  And no, too much sentimental value.  They'd make lovely sacrifices, but far too dear.

I want to keep getting drunk tonight.  I'm... sort scared to cut myself off.  Because, once I get started, the sentimentally starts.  And I entertain it for a while, and probably grow from it!

Then after the growth I do remember, I keep drinking and sink into a rewarding stupor, where I remember nothing and laugh at anything.
I'm so close to there.
SO close.
So this pitiful $3 half-bottle of rum represents me enjoying that period of bliss.
Line-Edit:  And that half-third bottle is the thing I have sacrificed, dammit, and I'm not obtaining that bliss tonight.

Thanks for the wind, offering insight and encouraging action.
Thanks for the rain, easing my pain and anger.  Thank you foremost of the storm.
Thanks for the thunder, you terrifying avatar of vengeance.  Thank you for sparing me countless times, as I admired your brilliance unshielded.
Thanks for the storm undivided, that representation of chaos and change, uncertainty, something bigger than me.

NetStorm.  The ritual to defeat an enemy shaman... hit me deep.
Even though there's apparently youtube video to the actual full ritual.  Fricken hades.  I really should fix that before posting.
But this is the drunk thread.

Oh and sacrifice-wise, yeah.  I'm giving up...  uh.  A third is still a good sacrifice, I think.  Given the grips I'm in.
Like Gaia gives a shit.  She's like Jehova but cares even less.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 10:46:16 pm by Rolan7 »
She/they

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 04, 2017, 09:30:48 am »

While that was pretty obviously a case of "gods helping those who help themselves", it really did work out!  I apparently had enough to get a full night's sleep, yet barely have any hangover (after brushing my teeth).

I also had some trippy, creepy dreams, but they were more interesting than they were nightmares.  I got to sail the unterzee!  Well, hand-paddle a rubber dinghy...  But it was really cool!  I saw Mt Palmerston as a glowing volcano to my left, turned right and saw this sickly green glow from the mushroom islands, and ahead was this deep, awful pitch black.  I paddled back to shore, which turned out great, because I got to walk around Fallen London for a brief while :D  Almost got run over by a real zee captain too.
They refused to take me on a journey though ):  Probably for the best.  We talked until dawn, which- wait, dawn?  Why are there 7 suns!?  OHSHI-

and then I dreamed about college again, which sorta sucked, but this one guy was like 9 feet tall
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 141