Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180860 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #315 on: February 28, 2016, 07:27:06 pm »

New rule:  Never drink the last alcohol.  Better to leave it, than drink it and know that there's no more.
Knowing that there's no more is terrible and just leads to buying more and overdrinking.  My mom once explained that the great depression had a similar effect, resulting in widespread obesity.

Better to have a bottle of rum as reserve, even (especially) if I don't end up drinking it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 28, 2016, 07:43:33 pm »

Partied with my brother on Saturday night.
That's pretty strange, since he's usually a non-drinker as well as being, well, my brother. The only other time I've partied with him was when we were over in the US, which was a very strange time to begin with*, so drinking with him didn't really make it any stranger than it was already. On Saturday, though, I caught up with him for the first time in ages (probably since that US trip, actually) and convinced him to head into the city with me.

He didn't drink that much, but he did drink at least a bit. I even got him to have a shot with me! I'm not entirely sure, but I think we may have wound up dancing with people... memories of that are mercifully quite hazy. Whether he was actually drunk or not I have no idea, since by the time he had a couple of beers I was already well on my way to being wasted. :P He was certainly less conservative/reserved than usual.
Was actually quite fun. Even if I would have felt kind of weird and awkward discussing how drunk we were with him, him being my brother and all.

*I think also, it seemed less surprising for him to act differently, since we were in such a different situation to usual.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2016, 01:08:21 am »

If history is to change, let it change!
If everything will be destroyed, let it be destroyed!
If I will die...
I must laugh!
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2016, 04:57:19 am »

Tonight I would likely have gotten very drunk. I was certainly in a bad enough mental state earlier to try to drown it out with alcohol. But I was unable to withdraw money to buy said alcohol, so I stayed sober. Likely a good outcome, as considering how I was acting sober I'd likely have started a fight if I got drunk. Likely not a good idea to do something like that.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2016, 07:00:58 am »

I'm glad I'm a happy drunk. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2016, 03:47:39 pm »

Oh, from what little I've seen of myself drunk I seem to be a confused one. I think it depends on what kind of mental state you're in at the time though.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 07, 2016, 12:12:36 am »

Hmm, I was drinking a little bit (enough to be slightly dizzy but not enough to think the floor is a comfortable place to lay down), and was playing video games with my suitemate but I think he must of gotten a text or something because he suddenly got very upset and told me he was going to sleep and I left back to my room. Hope it's nothing too bad :( Also I'm drunk alone in my room now so that's fun. I'mma play some more video games.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 07, 2016, 05:40:06 am »

The other day I bought a slab of Sol beer in order to get the free hat that came with it.
It's actually a really nice beer, and I have four left in the fridge that I basically need to drink by tomorrow. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 07, 2016, 06:28:23 am »

Wish I was there to help you mate!

I finally have internet again, after waiting a good two weeks for my new modem to be delivered. It took a side trip to Sydney but eventually found its way to me after I bitched to the ISP about them screwing up the delivery. Right postcode, right address, wrong suburb name = courier returning package to sender, no known address. Some numb-nut in an overseas call centre probably typed my local postcode into an auto-fill form and selected the first alphabetical entry on the list, despite the correct one being on my profile and emailed to me as the postal address they were using.

Long story short, I got them to resend the package at no cost and got my damned modem. It's up and running, and I'm celebrating with a few glasses of a nice red!

Cheers!

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 07, 2016, 10:56:19 am »

So recently there's a new brand of alcoholic root beer in the supermarkets around here.  Its literally called "Best Damn Root Beer"

And tbh its pretty damn good.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 07, 2016, 11:03:18 am »

I had that last month here in NC.  It was alright, but a bit sweet for me.  My friend and I thought it tasted like rum and soda.
She/they

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 07, 2016, 03:32:15 pm »

As popular as they are, I can never really get into those alcoholic versions of typically-nonalcoholic drinks (mostly ginger beer, here). Just seems weird to me, I guess. 

Anyway! It is currently 6:28 AM and I am awake about two hours before my alarm.
Time to have one of my last beers to prepare for (or procrastinate over) the inevitable panic as I attempt to pack my suitcase and bag!
Normally I'd just panic without beer to cheer me up. This is far more pleasant. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 07, 2016, 04:39:05 pm »

As popular as they are, I can never really get into those alcoholic versions of typically-nonalcoholic drinks (mostly ginger beer, here). Just seems weird to me, I guess.

Those have picked my attention but I can't find them where I live. My go-to place for diverse alcoholic beverages doesn't have them...

Also I find it funny to drink at "awkward" hours when you have a odd schedule of work. Like when you say to someone that you drink in the morning... when you're working night shifts.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 07, 2016, 04:43:09 pm »

I could really go for a bunch of booze right about now, too bad I'm kinda short on cash :V

Anyways, somehow I got reminded of one of my favourite combos. Pear liquor (not sure if you guys have it, it's this) and milk, with an ice cube or two to chill it. The mix ratio varies depending how strong you want it to be, but whatever it is, the result has a very very nice taste, almost like liquid caramel with a hint of alchohol.

The only issue is that you really shouldn't drink too much of it since alchohol and milk usually don't go together without some stomach churning afterwards.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 07, 2016, 05:15:23 pm »

on simple drinhk to make there's the the classic Rum & Coke or the what I found: Triple Sec (Orange liqueur) & Pepsi
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 141