Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180842 times)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #285 on: February 15, 2016, 04:26:32 pm »

Usually used for measuring liquor. As we all know, Yoink prefers pints and liters for that purpose.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 15, 2016, 06:06:39 pm »

I usually just measure mine in empty bottles.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 16, 2016, 07:17:53 am »

A quick Google conversion tells me that 50cl is around about the same as a pint.
To be honest with you, Reverie, I'm kinda jealous! It takes me far more time and far more money to get tipsy these days, let alone drunk. I remember the days when I was young and (more) clueless, and on my first beer I'd start feeling buzzed and by the second one I'd be at a happy point and ready to stop.

Now... well, for example my bank account's transaction history is a sorry sight indeed.
I wandered into my favourite local bar/venue, with a safe amount of drinking money in my pocket, but little did I know they had acquired Eftpos at some point in the recent past! Five $10 transactions, the price of a Jack 'n' coke Lemmy, all lined up neatly below the tattered remains of my bank balance.

And that was after I'd been drinking for some time! All but one of those transactions occurred after midnight!
Surely I should have been on my arse long before spending/drinking that much, but no. I even remember somehow holding a coherent conversation at the tail-end of that little spree... well, at least, the parts I remember are coherent. Not remembering large chunks of the evening is normal, somehow pounding down five strong drinks as a nightcap is not.

...Eh, I had a fun weekend. Even Valentine's Day was awesome.
The weekend before that was great, too. Man, I think I am actually keeping my New Year's resolution so far. :D
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 16, 2016, 07:52:00 am »

Yet again I'm so glad I switched to wine. The fat cats ain't ever gonna start taxing that like they hit the beer and spirits.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 16, 2016, 07:59:28 am »

Bear in mind, that was an Australian price in AUD.
From what I remember of my US trip (not much, oddly enough) booze was a lot cheaper there, even taking the exchange rate into account.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 16, 2016, 08:11:36 am »

Yeah dude, check the recent increases in taxation of beer and spirits by the Abbott government. That's half the reason I switched to wines. We pay pretty much the highest taxes on beers and spirits in the world. The automatic excise system was introduced by Bob Hawke's government 30 years ago to avoid the Government having to announce the bad news in the Budget too, so you don't know about it unless you look. Of course, wine is exempt.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: February 16, 2016, 08:26:27 am »

Ah, silly me, somehow it slipped my mind that you're an Aussie. Sorry man! :-[   
That's interesting, and disturbing. And angering. I suppose that probably explains why I'd noticed a lot of price increases...
Maybe next time I'm at the liquor store I'll grab a box of goon. No way am I about to give up beer and spirits, though.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: February 16, 2016, 08:32:31 am »

Cheers mate, no worries!

Goon casks are fine to get you cut, but remember that those 5L Coolabah boxes might be good value but they're not good wine. Australia has some of the best vineyards in the world, and it's a bloody patriotic duty to support them!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 16, 2016, 10:17:24 am »

Out of curiosity, what the excise tax on spirit? Our government went through to process of switching taxation from companies to sin taxes, and they added a whooping 3 euros to each bottle of spirits (Also a few cents on beer and wine) last year, in addition to the previous tax.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: February 16, 2016, 05:18:59 pm »

$81.05 AU per litre of alcohol for any spirits with 10% or more alcohol content. That's equal to 51.71 Euros, or $57.61 US dollars.

That means we pay $32.42 AU tax on a 1L bottle of 40% vodka, before the retailer adds the base cost of the product and his markup to the price.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 05:29:20 pm by Jimmy »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 17, 2016, 02:29:02 am »

Whaaaaaaaaat? Whaaaaaaaat? Oh gosh. If any of you wish to apply for asylum in Europe, you'll have my support.  :P

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 17, 2016, 11:00:37 am »

We'll hide them in empty liquor casks.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 17, 2016, 05:08:49 pm »

I vote hiding in full casks. It'll be empty by the time I arrive though.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 18, 2016, 02:02:31 pm »

This is weird...
I've had two beers I picked up from a surprisingly well-stocked gas station last night.  "Lagunitas IPA".  It's only 6.2% ABV.
But wow, I feel beyond tipsy.  Moderately drunk.  (Yeah I started at 1, what of it?  ill fit u)

It's probably mostly sleep deprivation.  Five nights of staying up late and sleeping on a short couch.
I wonder how much of it is just my tolerance waning, though.  I did drink a little, at meals, but not nearly as much as...  well, usual.

This feels pretty good honestly, I'm just going to take it easy since apparently I'm a cheap drunk today!  That's a good thing!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 18, 2016, 02:28:00 pm »

Pshaw, if you want cheep booze you come to the balkans, the booze central of moonshine. Where you can get homemade grape schnapps stronger than vodka (and not at all good for you, but who gives a fuck, it's booze) for about a quarter (that is, one shot glass of it, tho you'll rarely need more than a couple to get hammered). Beer is also cheap, but it's mostly shit, still, plenty of schanpps variets to get you trough, from sourcherry to honey based ones, all pretty awesome.

In any case, somebody was talking about Gulden Draak or whatever it's spelled earlier in the thread. I bought a bottle of that for my sister a couple weeks back and we finally got to try it. Holy shit it was amazing, this is basically how I imagined dark beer would be from the moment I've heard of such a thing existing, and I have finally found it. Too bad it costs an arm and a leg tho xd
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 141