Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 141

Author Topic: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-  (Read 180497 times)

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
Re: Drunk Thread -(Awesome Thread)-
« Reply #240 on: January 27, 2016, 06:37:30 pm »

There's your error. If you're gonna do a dry month, February's the logical choice.
It's a Finnish tradishun, unfortunately.

January is tough, but that's kinda the point, actually. If you're trying to fool yourself/everyone else, you better make it count.

Been testing various Belgian beers recently, and just slammed 3 Gulden Draak.
 Wheee! 10.5% alcohol, dark beer. VERY tasty. They seasoned it so well, that you don't taste the alcohol, plus it tastes spicey and delicious. Can recommend. Definitly will buy again, to stew meat in. The spicing is marvellous.
http://www.vansteenberge.com/en/our-beer/gulden-draak/gulden-draak/
Why do you tempt me when the liquor stores are closed? You, sir, are very, very cruel.

I really wish I had a bottle of Piraat Triple Hop, but I can't have it until tomorroww. :<

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: January 27, 2016, 07:23:31 pm »

I almost made it through Dry January. Almost.

'tis a bittersweet defeat (I'm drinking vodka & bitter lemon and it tastes abnormally good)
There's your error. If you're gonna do a dry month, February's the logical choice. Only 28 days means far higher odds of success. January's 31 days, so you're just making it hard on yourself, especially with leftovers from New Years Eve clogging up the liquor cabinet waiting to be finished.

Except that January doesn't have any holidays, IE family visits, and February has Singles Awareness Day.
But what if someone you're related to decided to make "visit family more often" their New Year's Resolution?
Most folk only bother keeping up their resolutions for the first month of the year at most, and so they do most of their acting on it in January.
You'd never get rid of 'em, they'd be boozing it up with you non-stop!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: January 27, 2016, 07:35:25 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:42:52 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SirQuiamus

• Bay Watcher
  • Keine Experimente!
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: January 27, 2016, 08:25:11 pm »

It's the numbness I drink for.  Not worrying about family obligations.  That only takes 2-3 drinks.
You're sortay luckay. I don't feel nothing after 6 drinks, it takes at least 12 to feel totally free from obligayshuns and sheit.

But it's hard to stop then
And now I'm at 8 and the tingling is here at the back of my brain and I never want it to stop I want it to
Just, be all I'm thinking about
That part of my thoughts is a constant massage on the back of my skull, making everything okay.
It's part of de buzz, if you can get the buzz after 5+ yrs of drinkin, you lucky.
Enjoy buzz, it make good, brain is good and you feel verry goo.

And I'm not doing anything to stupid, except for this.  Helgoland.  I managed not to.
Instead I resorted to this, finally, because every now and then I have to.

Wow, family shit really triggers me I guess.  Back to simulating a normal person.
Don't get trigger by famuly sghiittt
Yuo ArE Real, person !!!#w
NOw ANd then you have to d9 THis, be<Ause it's necesaryyyy
You cant run away froyum familie, you have toe face and say "fyvk yiu!, I an't that ay mor!!!!!!"
You Are >yoU.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2016, 08:28:00 pm by SirQuiamus »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: January 27, 2016, 08:29:17 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:43:46 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: January 27, 2016, 10:29:20 pm »

I'm at about 7. I don't feel terrible mellow, maybe a bit tipsy at best.
Then again, I've only been drinking these weak-arse $30 for 30 cans beers, and I am having slightly more difficulty typing than usual.
Gotta say, I am pretty happy. :) Been watching a strange variety of films on Netflix.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 28, 2016, 12:10:10 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:44:17 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: January 28, 2016, 06:35:05 am »

One of my favourite ways to get my drink on quickly is to take a 750mL beer mug, fill it half full of vodka and top the rest off with mixer and ice.

Hope your relationship troubles sort themselves out Rolan7! Just don't mistake what D&D players do in character vs. out of character. I personally play both male and female characters with equal frequency with a variety of sexual preferences, but I'm quite happily married with two kids. Roleplaying games are about playing a character, not necessarily expressing your own personality. Still, fingers crossed you find happiness!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 28, 2016, 10:18:58 am »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:44:33 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2016, 12:46:18 pm »

Picked up some Lamb's Navy Rum. I'm not particularly familiar with rum but I think this is a good one?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »

Not sure, I always just get Admiral Nelson which is pretty cheap and spiced, and amber.  I'm leery of clear liquids that aren't water.

Also it's kinda fun trying to track down all the things I said, the day after getting drunk.  I usually remember everything, but apparently I left myself a surprise in notepad++:
I sure do miss the bleeding trees containing trapped souls which hid a fucker in a bird-leg hut who was literally a thousand minds and ALSO completely insane and also an epic wizard who fucked around on a hut full of creepy masks

It looks like a comment I wrote for my former DND group, who I was hanging out with on Skype.  I'm not sure why I typed it in notepad++, though...  Maybe the conversation moved on so I didn't send it, but thought it was worth remembering.

Makes perfect sense in context, but was kinda weird to see unexpectedly!  That campaign was pretty crazy sometimes.
She/they

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2016, 05:31:20 pm »

Picked up some Lamb's Navy Rum. I'm not particularly familiar with rum but I think this is a good one?

I vaguely remember liking it more than some other rums.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2016, 10:59:35 pm »

The best textbooks are the ones that can teach drunk college students. Totally worth the dollars. #thursdayisnotfridaystupid #homework
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2016, 02:30:38 am »

Goodness me, these beers are apparently only 1 standard Australian drink according to their label, but they don't seem as pathetic as I'd expected them to be. (Most beers are 1.3 or 1.4 standard drinks, unless they're some creepy diet shit that no-one admits to drinking.)

Maybe the drunk is mixing with my post-shower drowsiness. That could explain why I'm feeling it so much.
I only drank five of the things, after all.

Edit: Well, last night was good, even better than it was at the point where I made this post, but nobody else has posted since and I need to talk about the now.
Tonight is shaping up to be pretty good. I'm not really Drunk yet, but there are people here whom I know it is enjoyable to get drunk with, and more people are supposed to arrive later. Also people brought plenty of beer... and cider. Worry not, I made sure to mercilessly mock those silly hipster cider-drinkers for their choice of light alcohol.
Even if I drink it sometimes. Shut up.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 05:19:00 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2016, 09:01:33 pm »

-
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 12:45:29 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 141