Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Retake Salvos: Back! (FH 2.0)  (Read 3147 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Remembered Heroes: Now with more updates! (FH 2.0)
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2014, 07:28:57 pm »

Everyone
Before you start your actions, a voice comes over the new vox system being erected in the tent city -
"Astartes, your presence is requested by the Lord Commander at the Command tent. Further information will be given there."

All Guardsmen not on current patrol, ration, or camp deployment area are ordered to the Parade ground, Commissariat, please report as well."

Hmm, seems something big is happening. If your'e not being attacked... Then there is only one option...
The guardsmen in your vicinity stop their actions, heading towards the deployment grounds in the center of the Base. You also notice a few Marines in the distance heading towards the command tent near the Valkyrie you landed on.

Updated Locations
Spoiler: Dave Phillips (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Corran Thule (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derek Johnson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask Wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vandar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexis Kitty (click to show/hide)
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »

Go to required location.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2014, 07:33:43 pm »

Head to the command tent.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2014, 08:20:41 pm »

Go
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2014, 08:22:21 pm »

Continue my patrol and use my inbuilt radio to send a message back.

"Security is pore until the perimeter is properly established, I will continue my patrol and provide a barrier to slow any enemy attacks to allow you time to prepare in the event of enemy incursions. Somebody can fill me in later."
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2014, 10:43:32 am »

Go to required location.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2014, 11:36:24 am »

"Take heart, guardsmen, perhaps we are getting even more reinforcements."

Go to required location

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2014, 06:48:09 pm »

((That's everyone))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2014, 01:53:38 pm »

((I know  sorry, busy days, these finals. I'll have it up in a few hours along with a overview map. Hopefully.))
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2014, 05:43:31 pm »

Sheet to follow soon

Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2014, 05:45:07 pm »

Corran Thule
you get a response back -
"NOW, Marine! We have guardsmen squads for perimeter and security reasons, we need you back at the Command Tent ASAP, understand?"

Dave Philips, Derek Johnson, and Alexis Kitty
You follow the orders, heading to the center of the camp to the parade ground. There, you see something so magnificent as to have never been seen on this planet in a hundred years -
Hundreds of Guardsmen arrayed in their Squads and Companies, Leman Russ tanks ranked by next to Rhino transports. Their gleaming Flak armor swells your hearts with pride. Farther up the field is a hastily erected wood stage which stretches across the far end of the field. Upon which stands the Lord Commander of the fleet, Arnold Volk, and the Colonel-Commissar, Andrew Hinds. They stand before a vox amplifier on a pedestal. You quickly join up in your companies before the Lord Commander begins to speak.

"Men and women of the Imperium. Today we partake in a glorious enterprise for the advancement of mankind, and the Glory of the God Emperor himself. Today, we reclaim this world in His holy name. We shall purge the Heretic, the unclean, the Xenos scum! Men and women of the Imperium, today, we fight! Mankind does not back down in the face of adversity! It is true, many of you will die today. But do not be disheartened by this prospect. For you are the might, the powerful fist that will crush all enemies that wish to extinguish the flame of humanity from this planet, and all others! Today, we do not die in vain, but for the Emperor!

With his final few words, he raises his sword to the air, and the Guardsmen cheer his name. Chants of "Volk, Volk, Volk!" Spring up around you. The Commander raises his hands, and the Guardsmen lower their voices enough to be able to hear, then stop eventually. Volk continues -

"Today, our objective is the Munitorium of Hardis, in one of the main cities of this world. It has been infested with Xenos scum, who have been using it to manufacture their nefarious war instruments. Luckily, the Emperor shines upon us today, for it is only  the simple minded Orks that pervade this place. The defenses are not especially powerful, so this should be a good place to demonstrate to the scum that this world is not lost to the Imperium yet. For now, head to the staging area to recieve instructions for your individual units."

After this, he nods to the men that he is finished, and steps down from the vox. There isn't much cheering, in the prospect of an assault, but the men salute their Commander nonetheless. They then begin heading off into the tent city, to gather the rest of their equipment and head to their staging areas for the attack.

Mask Wolf and Vandar
You walk through the city, Guardsmen standing and saluting your massive forms whenever you pass. A few times, you see fellow Battle Brothers heading in the same direction, but there aren't as many around. Once you reach the command tent, you are met by your detatchment commander, Captain Hadrian Thades. You fit into the tent, even its large interior crowded by almost two dozen Marines in it's space. Around you, servitors and Guardsmen move around, carrying manuscripts and scrolls, preparing maps and the such for the upcoming attack.
"My Brothers," Thades begins, without preamble, "We shall be spearheading the assault on the nearby Munitorium Hardis for the Guardsmen. Our job is to retrieve a special artifact within the factory known as the Avis Launcher. This is a powerful weapon that we believe the Orks have captured, and is our job to retrieve it. We have intel from scouts that the enemy may be using the weapon, so proceed with caution. The main objective should be somewhere inside the center of the facility. Our second objective, and do not risk your main target for this, Brothers, is to blow a hole in the defenses so that our guardsmen may follow through. And as always, Brothers be Ever Vigilant."

Finished you repeat the motto of the Deathwatch in unison, then lean around the table to view the map he places down.

Spoiler: Map of Facility (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dave Philips (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derek Johnson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mask Wolf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Vandar (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Alexis Kitty (click to show/hide)

((I think, for getting rewards for accomplishing objectives, is that I will award an extra +1 Battle Honor for each one accomplished, and if it seems two or more people worked towards it, I'll award them each +1. Guardsmen objectives when they reach their Staging Areas with their Companies.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:58:43 pm by WhitiusOpus »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2014, 05:49:57 pm »

(( I was the one who refused the meeting not him :P. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Alexandria

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2014, 05:53:55 pm »

Put my men through volley fire drills until it's time to begin.
The darkness was eternal, all-powerful, unchangeable.
She had stared into it for to many years, alone and unblinking, determined that it would not take her.
Now it never would.
Now she was lighting a candle.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2014, 05:57:07 pm »

((Fixed.))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 05:59:22 pm by WhitiusOpus »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2014, 06:06:24 pm »

"And you would trust them with our lives? The fools who lost this world to begin with? No I'll be out here doing the job properly. Call me when it's time for me to kill something until then I have work to do. I will not allow those fools the honor of making first contact with an enemy who attacks us."

Carry out my outer patrol, scan the area for good high ground positions that can not be accessed except by jump pack and memorize them. Acquire some explosives when I'm back in camp and refill my jump pack.

Join the mission when it's time.

(( I finally settled on a good personality for my character. ))
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 06:19:32 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4