Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Retake Salvos: Back! (FH 2.0)  (Read 3145 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Retake Salvos: Back! (FH 2.0)
« on: January 24, 2014, 04:22:33 pm »

Retake Salvos: A Forgotten Heroes RtD
-   
Backstory/setting
-   Salvos, a world ruled by the Imperium. Countless battles have swept the face of this agrarian world, leaving behind nothing but wreckage. Burnt cities dot the skyline, and the bodies and weapons of numberless combatants spread over the continents on large battlefields, like feeding grounds. A recent Waaagh! by the Orks has caused fresh damage to this almost forgotten place, to which the imperium had responded. But the Ork's claim to this world was stronger than the Imperium's will to hold it. Before sounding their withdrawal from orbit, the Lord-Commander of the system left a small outpost on Salvos, with a Warp Beacon, and orders to inform of any large scale Xenos movements through this system. That was 2 years ago. You are an Imperial soldier that has survived the harsh environment so far. And will face greater perils to come.

Recently, though, the nearby Battlefleet of the Manos system has heard your calls. They have sent a few Outcast Marines, Astartes who have left their chapter for reasons known only to them, and who have joined the Deathwatch, a group dedicated to the eradication of Xenos. A few kill teams have been sent to this world, the threat worth the extra force supplied by multiple Kill Teams. Together, your new mission will be to overcome and destroy the Ork and... Others... Wh dare to attack the Imperium!

-   
Information
-   So this may sound familiar, and it is just a version 2 of my recent RtD, and i changed it so that I may update things easier and faster, since I won't have to keep track of cheat sheets and the like.

Summary of the above, if you don't want to read it, is you will be one of the few Imperial soldiers left on the world of Salvos(classes below). You will undertake different tasks to try and ensure the survival of your meager outpost. Death is inevitable. The best you can expect is an honorable one. For the Emperor!
   I'll start when I get four players, and then whoever wants to join after that will be put in after the current mission.

I will be using the all too common 6d for most rolls, occasionally others if necessary. Wounding is taken into account with REALISM. No health points. Damage is taken into account by armor strength and weapon power. If you die, you may rejoin by creating a new character (don't just copy and paste your old one please.)

Battle Honors and Perks are awarded after a successful battle. You get two Honor Points to spend on both perks and Battle Honors, so choose wisely!

A few other things:
   I chose not to include Psykers (it would complicate things a little more than I would like) since magical powers, ethereal battles, and Warp control is harder for me to keep track of. But don't worry, the Warp may come into effect on you later...
   The number in front of each class signifies how many are open. This may change depending on players that join or otherwise.

If you have any questions, ask them, I would like to have any suggestions as well.
First come first served, and if there is competition for a class, I will pick the best bio.

Also, if you want a Heavy Weapon for yourself, you must take the Superior Strength Perk.

Fill this out:
Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Choose one of these:
Spoiler: Classes (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Battle Honors (click to show/hide)
The rest of this comes later.

Spoiler: Equipment Perks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Perks for yourself (click to show/hide)

If you have any questions, please ask.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 05:37:34 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes 2.0: Now with more updates!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 04:47:24 pm »

Here it is:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:45:10 pm by +!!scientist!!+ »
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2014, 04:49:36 pm »

(( Nvm that pm. ))

Name : Corran Thule
Position : Assault Marine
Chapter : Dark Angel
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 07:01:47 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2014, 04:55:43 pm »

So, can I just copy over my old character, backstory wise at least?
EDIT:
Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 05:20:44 pm by darkpaladin109 »

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2014, 05:40:54 pm »

I'm BACK!!!!

Name: "mask" wolf
Class: devastator marine
Chapter: The Dark Angels
Background: to come
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:35:59 pm by 4maskwolf »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2014, 06:20:15 pm »

Well all righty then. Battle-Brother Vandar, reporting for duty

Name: Vandar
Position: Devastator Marine
chapter: Salamanders
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 03:25:14 pm by Pancaek »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2014, 06:28:09 pm »

(( Marine needs a chapter not a squad :P. Wrong title bud. ))
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 06:32:13 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 06:29:25 pm »

((Edited some things, mainly by taking out the -1 to Marines Dodge, and added a new Battle Honor for Guardsmen. Also, I'll take any sugestions for Battle Honors. And the Salamanders is a Chapter, he just forgot to change it to Chapter.))
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2014, 06:36:18 pm »

Actually built a character sheet

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2014, 06:40:53 pm »

Well thats 4. Interesting mix. 2 devastator marines 1 assault marine and 1 sergeant.

Caine's law.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2014, 06:45:58 pm »

While we're waiting, please enjoy this Conspiracy Theory.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2014, 07:29:42 pm »

Should the difference between the dodge and hit roll of the weapon also be taken into account for damage. For instance, if someone rolls a 1 to dodge against a six of a las pistol, they have a hole burned in their heads, while if they had rolled a 5, they may have gotten away with a nasty injury but not immediate death?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2014, 08:33:47 pm »

Well, if they rolled a 5 against a 6, they would dodge the shot well enough to escape serious injury. For example, If you rolled the dodge [5] to an attack [6] then you would be injured (Shot in the arm, legwound, etc.) but not severely. Also, it's all relative. Say, if you rolled a 5 for dodge, and the person rolled a 6 for a plasma cannon, you would probably be badly hurt.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2014, 08:45:32 pm »

Yep.  That's exactly what I meant.  I left off the last example, because I was posting from my phone.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2014, 11:45:31 pm »

Character sheet posted.
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4