Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305297 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #2055 on: March 06, 2014, 09:45:03 am »

Why don't they hold an open referendum? I thought it was pretty clear that they'd win anyway...
They'll not win an open referendum with counter campaign in press and overall stabilization of Ukrainian government. They know that very well
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: March 06, 2014, 09:46:06 am »

Why don't they hold an open referendum? I thought it was pretty clear that they'd win anyway...
Why would they waste time and resources on that when it's so glaringly obvious that Crimea wants to join Russia?

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: March 06, 2014, 10:59:07 am »

People in Crimea are just aren't patient enough to wait for referendum. The moved it again to 16th of march, and sent a request to Russia about annexing thing beforehand to perform it with maximum speed when the proposal obviously wins.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: March 06, 2014, 11:06:41 am »

People in Crimea are just aren't patient enough to wait for referendum. The moved it again to 16th of march, and sent a request to Russia about annexing thing beforehand to perform it with maximum speed when the proposal obviously wins.
Yes, and all Ukrainian army and navy units switched to Russian side as you said earlier
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 06, 2014, 11:15:07 am »

I wonder if Turkey is planning a Crimea invasion right now.
._.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 06, 2014, 11:17:49 am »

Well, then Turkish navy will have a problem

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 06, 2014, 11:20:10 am »

Can't sink the enemy if he sinks himself first!  ;)
._.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 06, 2014, 11:23:07 am »

You know what? History never ceases to go on second or whatever round, beacuse during the previous Crimean War Russia sunk her fleet there, too. To prevent turkish fleet ivasion:P What the fuck.

No, really, what the fuck? Turkey? Is it like "oh, are we remembering history? let me get my piece then"?
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 06, 2014, 11:33:19 am »

As I said before the best solution for Ukraine is to sell Crimea to Turkey. You say it's illegal to sell territory without asking the population first? Pfff. We'll let Turkery to hold the referendum, sometime later. After they deport Russians away. It worked in Abkhazia when they forced Georgians away

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 06, 2014, 12:10:49 pm »

Well, then Turkish navy will have a problem

Everybody keeps surpassing Sweden at her own achievments these days...
Love, scriver~

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 06, 2014, 12:15:41 pm »

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 06, 2014, 12:16:31 pm »

I'll note that during the Crimean war the Russian Empire completely obliterated the Turkish armies and fleets. In record breaking time.
._.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #2067 on: March 06, 2014, 01:25:12 pm »

The referendum will officially be a "formality".

Also, Crimea speaker says:
"No need for observers because we are all honest people here."

in relation to both the parliaments vote to join Russia referendum or not, and to the referendum itself.

Edit:
Also, Crimean Vice Premier has publicly declared that the "Ukrainian Occupiers" must lay down their weapons and become Citizens of Russia or lay down their weapons and be shipped back to their foreign homeland.

What a farce.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

burningpet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 06, 2014, 01:27:46 pm »

You gotta admit that if it wasn't so sad, this could have been a pretty good comedy. i can just imagine him sitting with Hassan nasrallah, smoking nargilla and laughing their asses off as they write it while issuing another bombing round on their own people. his cynicism is so extreme it does make it a little bit funny.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 06, 2014, 01:30:03 pm »

I'll note that during the Crimean war the Russian Empire completely obliterated the Turkish armies and fleets. In record breaking time.

Not that any historical war prior to WW2 really has much relevance in predicting how things would work out now. The world has changed too much, both in geopolitical terms as well as military technology. And even WW2 is a poor indicator for how things would work out with modern armies.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One
Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 286