Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305801 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising in Ukraine
« Reply #585 on: February 20, 2014, 04:30:36 pm »

The article also speak of a report of Russian spetnatz in Ukraine in the magazine Tyzhden from Lviv. I'd find this really surprising myself.

Why is this surprising?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 20, 2014, 04:32:26 pm »

As for your correspondent, it's evident you should stop listening to public TV and subscribe to Fashion Magazine. THEY have the expertise to see the Great Shoes Conspiracy.
I probably will, but not before I have carefully examined my own shoes...

This article claims our yellow armband friends are titushki, with the armbands being used to identify them in the absence of unit marking.

The article also speak of a report of Russian spetnatz in Ukraine in the magazine Tyzhden from Lviv. I'd find this really surprising myself.
AFAIK titushki refers to hired thugs, who are not necessarily armed and not uniformed, but have been seen wearing white armbands. They are not part of the police force as I understand it, so the article seems to confuse these things.
The captured Russian is likely only a rumour, I haven't heard that anywhere else at least.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 20, 2014, 04:35:22 pm »

Too risky for no good reasons? A tiny ground of spetznatz wouldn't do much of a difference.

I know about the titushki, it could be that they were issued gear by the government.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 20, 2014, 04:53:37 pm »

This article claims our yellow armband friends are titushki, with the armbands being used to identify them in the absence of unit marking.

Yeah, note that I never stated that this unknown provocateurs are actually with protesters, I just said that protesters benefit from their actions and government does not.
Titushki is protesters` slang to name government provocateurs. But actually they use that name for anybody who opposes them in any way. Or just random bypassers.

According to Lviv magazines, Russian spetnaz is hiding in Ukraine since 2004.
No kidding, this legend is really THAT old. Since the very Orange "revolution".
Also some protesters say that Berkut are in fact Russian airborne troops and so on.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #589 on: February 20, 2014, 05:02:57 pm »

TBH Sheb, there were reports of people looting police barracks in previous days. So in theory, that could support the idea of some secret organization using theoretically stolen police gear and pose as police members with intent of just fueling things up.

However, yellow stripes being used to mark NON-police member still doestn't sit quite right with me. Pictures like the 9th in this article is one of reasons why.
I don't see how supposed provocateurs would infiltrate normal police in such efficient way they could just casually sit right next to each other.
You COULD argue however that, given how much police is on the scene, one could try faking he's from "that unit from that town you don't know much about but know it exist" and maybe pass with this?? But the sheer amount of yellow-striped ones vs. "normal" police...I dunno, this just doesn't add up. Sorry, webber.

...unless, you know, those guys ARE part of some highly trained and competent organization that orchestrated whole police gear looting, issued fake IDs & cover stories for their agents and sent them out in the field with sole mission to plunge this nation into civil war which would be extremely profitable for said organization.
I mean, that's Tom Clancy's material, but theoretically possible, I guess??

edit: dammit, I try to post but so many answers while I'm writing...and then the forums crash. THEY COULDN'T HANDLE :P

Anyway - sorry webber, but that won't do. It makes no sense, there is NO heel there, nothing to hold it actually. By what that line is showing, that guy might as well be wearing sandals. I mean, just look at it from afar!

And one more thing - compare it to the shoe he is wearing on the other foot. Heel is clearly visible there.
But enough of shoes - guess if those guys really are titushki, then webber was right in they not being police...but again, they are probably not part of conspiracy either.

In other news - I stopped watching BBC videos in their "live coverage" article as it was just some old footage, very slowly being updated with newer information. Their tweeter feed was more active.
I check it again now and there are pretty strong worded articles there now - talking about "bloodshed", "protesters mercilessly gunned down" etc. as opposed to more neutral tone in the noon. There is also footage of protester using a rifle. All in all, seems like this news exploded even more with the "western" media, so here's another info for Comrade P.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 20, 2014, 05:06:30 pm »

They could just be wearing something reflective so that if they get a hard enough knock to the head they are still highly visible in their otherwise black outfits and hopefully somebody will get them some medical attention...

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 20, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »

Speaking about "yellow" policemen. My opinion is that is oblivious
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carefully look at this guy in center, just above the one with the shield. Look carefully at the stripe. It moved down from the indented place and the symbol is visible. That symbols show what unit it is, ribbons are there to hide chevrons

Not gonna defend my opinion here
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 05:15:47 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 20, 2014, 05:15:22 pm »

That actually make sense.

Shoe Illuminati are more fun though...

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 20, 2014, 05:16:47 pm »

Carefully look at this guy in center, just above the one with the shield. Look carefully at the stripe. It moved down from the indented place and the symbol is visible. That symbols show what unit it is, ribbons are there to hide it.

Since the guy on the far left also has his armband off from the symbol, and it appears that the guy who tries to shoot the innocent stars hanging from the tree has his fitted so loosely it's about to slip down from the symbol as well, it's truly a masterpiece of disguise.

That actually make sense.

Shoe Illuminati are more fun though...

Now to wait for Majestic 12 troopers being deployed under the guise of UN Peacekeepers... but hey, we'll get nanoaugmentation!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 20, 2014, 05:18:35 pm »

Carefully look at this guy in center, just above the one with the shield. Look carefully at the stripe. It moved down from the indented place and the symbol is visible. That symbols show what unit it is, ribbons are there to hide chevrons

That actually also makes a lot of sense. Still doesn't explain the photos of police with yellow sashes going across their chest, or why they all went with the exact same color, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if some saw the chance to use these bands to cover their insignias. I would guess the truth is somewhere in the middle, reflective gear is important for any police force, so they would have had boxes of the same yellow armbands laying around, and some saw different uses for them.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: February 20, 2014, 05:25:02 pm »

As for the shoes - I`ve linked a picture with the similar model of them. The right part of red figure you may think is a sole is actuallu a sole with a heel. Also the "tongue" is clearly visible. And the lack of lacing completely busts everything. Just look:

I don't see how supposed provocateurs would infiltrate normal police in such efficient way they could just casually sit right next to each other.
Let me quote myself:
The psychology is very clear. They use the armbands to prevent shooting between their groups. Though, not all of them do, to create illusion of "yellow stripes are friends with regular police". Their inctruction can be like "Everybody with a stripe or near one with a stripe is a friend".
They do not "fit into police" or something like that, because close contact would compromise them immidiately.
They do not fit into protester ranks, because they look like police.
They just appear somewhere, shoot people and leave. Bonus points if captured by cameras - will be confused with regular police anyway.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 20, 2014, 05:29:10 pm »

Instruction given by whom, to who? To police? Then it's government giving it. If not - why the hell did NOBODY catch on, in government or the police?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 20, 2014, 05:33:55 pm »

Instruction given by whom, to who? To police? Then it's government giving it. If not - why the hell did NOBODY catch on, in government or the police?

To yellow-stripes guys, by whoever controls them. But as I said before, opposition does benefit from their actions and government does not.
To catch on what? On the time of morning shootout regular police still wasn`t allowed to use lethal force and didn`t have the weapons. Any actions against the shooters were impossible.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 20, 2014, 05:35:59 pm »

Everyone I can understand that the shoes discussion is amusing for you but can we, please, spoiler it? People come here for news.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 20, 2014, 05:37:03 pm »

To catch on what? On the time of morning shootout regular police still wasn`t allowed to use lethal force and didn`t have the weapons. Any actions against the shooters were impossible.

Officially. They weren't allowed to use lethal force or weapons officially.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 286