Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305683 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising in Ukraine
« Reply #555 on: February 20, 2014, 02:42:11 pm »

webber http://rt.com/news/horrifying-videos-kiev-maidan-901/ third one down , the yellow armbands have righting on there backs, and look there with drawing to police lines.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 20, 2014, 02:45:37 pm »

Plus that group would need to make it into Maidan undetected. And we've not seen any declaration of the MIA saying "Yellow stripes aren't policemen", which you would expect in such circumstance.

Make it into Maidan undetected is not a big deal. It seems that you overestimate the police presence. And underestimate the number of connected streets.

I would like to see such declaration too, but MIA forces were never fast, and now they are under pressure, and also our government just cannot into information warfare.

Oh yeah, and after making their way to Maidan, they put on ridiculously conspicuous yellow armbands to help them fit in unnoticed by the police and prevent people from suspecting they are provocateurs.

Are you claiming it's some kind of reverse psychology?
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 20, 2014, 02:50:04 pm »

Transcarpathian events:
Svoboda calls Party of Regions and communist reps to step down or they will feel the righteous justice of Ukrainians.
Not sure if they got scared or it's just a coincidence but most of the reps have left the Party of Regions.
The council has declared the region independent of Yanukovich, as a bonus the police there has sworn loyalty to the people.
Similar things are reported from Poltava and Chernivtsi. At least in the western part of the country police seems to defect on a larger scale.

Just saw the footage of the governor of Volyn on TV. They called it lynch justice there, which I guess shows that the coverage isn't one-sided.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: February 20, 2014, 02:50:53 pm »

Also webber, even RT accept those guys with the yellow armbands are policemen. Or are you going to try to convince us that RT has been infiltrated by Western agents?

I did never mention Western agents. This is just another photo of the yellow stripe guys. I doubt that the journalist asked for their IDs.

webber http://rt.com/news/horrifying-videos-kiev-maidan-901/ third one down , the yellow armbands have righting on there backs, and look there with drawing to police lines.

Seen this. Sorry, I lack the skill to understand you... they have what on their backs?

Also, I`ll answer some of last posts without quoting.
My point is that:

1) Morning assault took place BEFORE the police had permission to shoot or even given weapons.
2) BOTH sides were attacked by unknown provocateurs.
3) Yes, now BOTH sides are using weapons, but this is a consequence of said provocation.
4) If all of the stated is true, then BOTH sides can blame provocateurs, not each other.
5) And if they are out of "f***ing policemen/protesters killed my friends/colleagues" way of thinking, there will still be hope to end this all without more blood.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 20, 2014, 02:52:03 pm »

I'm just wondering how much Yanukovych and co must pay per post. Must not be that much if you're posting this much.

I also remember you, and I realize now why you stopped posting for a couple years.

To Kogan Loloklam and his supporters: you are postulating the doctrine that:

1) there are no innocent civilians;
2) the people of the country are always responsible for government actions;
3) collateral losses are justified by the great purpose.

Congratulations, you are officially supporting terrorism.

You should heed your own words, it's easy to remember.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:00:02 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 20, 2014, 02:56:31 pm »

Occams Razor webber. The easiest solution with the most proof is true. In other words unless you give proof, substantial proof of your Unkown Provocateurs Theory you can stop repeating yourself, it won't become true if you make a mantra of it.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #561 on: February 20, 2014, 02:58:59 pm »

Come on Mictlantecuhtli, didn't we conclude personal attacks aren't cool?
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 20, 2014, 03:00:56 pm »

Just postulating my own theories, why not, if this becomes the conspiracy theory sponsored by Yanukovych topic.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: February 20, 2014, 03:01:56 pm »

Similar things are reported from Poltava and Chernivtsi. At least in the western part of the country police seems to defect on a larger scale.
Poltava is Eastern Ukraine. Central-Eastern to be precise.  My home city. Now I am living in rural area nearby. I'd not say defect, more like cooperate.

It is rather calm in Poltava, yesterday hot heads smashed the office of Party Of Regions, then there were some minor clashes with police, Then Right Sector arrived and calmed down overly enthusiastic undisciplined youth, while local opposition reached several agreements with local police and mayor.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: February 20, 2014, 03:03:09 pm »

Plus that group would need to make it into Maidan undetected. And we've not seen any declaration of the MIA saying "Yellow stripes aren't policemen", which you would expect in such circumstance.

Make it into Maidan undetected is not a big deal. It seems that you overestimate the police presence. And underestimate the number of connected streets.

I would like to see such declaration too, but MIA forces were never fast, and now they are under pressure, and also our government just cannot into information warfare.

Oh yeah, and after making their way to Maidan, they put on ridiculously conspicuous yellow armbands to help them fit in unnoticed by the police and prevent people from suspecting they are provocateurs.

Are you claiming it's some kind of reverse psychology?

The psychology is very clear. They use the armbands to prevent shooting between their groups. Though, not all of them do, to create illusion of "yellow stripes are friends with regular police". Their inctruction can be like "Everybody with a stripe or near one with a stripe is a friend".
They do not "fit into police" or something like that, because close contact would compromise them immidiately.
They do not fit into protester ranks, because they look like police.
They just appear somewhere, shoot people and leave. Bonus points if captured by cameras - will be confused with regular police anyway.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 20, 2014, 03:05:24 pm »

again. As you seem to repeat yourself i will repeat myself to: PROOF? Where is the actual, substantial proof of your claims?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: February 20, 2014, 03:09:44 pm »

Poltava is Eastern Ukraine. Central-Eastern to be precise.  My home city. Now I am living in rural area nearby. I'd not say defect, more like cooperate.

It is rather calm in Poltava, yesterday hot heads smashed the office of Party Of Regions, then there were some minor clashes with police, Then Right Sector arrived and calmed down overly enthusiastic undisciplined youth, while local opposition reached several agreements with local police and mayor.
Yeah, I got that from a german news report citing ukrainian reports. They talked about defections in the west (Transcarpathia and Chernivtsi) and in Poltava, central Ukraine. If you live there, you obviously know much better what is going on there. ;)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 20, 2014, 03:17:58 pm »

Seen this. Sorry, I lack the skill to understand you... they have what on their backs?

There is some text on there backs, but i can't make it out.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
« Reply #568 on: February 20, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »

By the way:
Gentlemen, I now adress to those of you who live outside the former Soviet Union. I want to ask if you have Maidan reports in your mass media (radio, TV, newspapers) or you get it via internet only. Because in Russia journalists say that a lot of europeans and americans keep calling Euromaidan a peaceful protest because they simply do not know what is actually going on right now.
Ah, forgot about this one: I don't generally check my country's media when it comes to news not related to my country. Just my preference.
So I can't say what they were saying yesterday, but today news about Ukraine on two bigger news sites clearly state the protests are not peaceful, that protesters fight the police with molotovs and stone and police is answering with rubber bullets and water cannons, and that both sides are accusing each other of using live ammunition/snipers.
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 20, 2014, 03:29:59 pm »

--double--
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 286