Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305577 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising in Ukraine
« Reply #525 on: February 20, 2014, 01:47:29 pm »

[read-only mode off]
Can't to not share this. This guy died defending his country - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5NAox5Xk8g
[/read-only mode on]
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 20, 2014, 01:50:34 pm »

So me and my dad were talking about this yesterday and we both were thinking that the protesters have until the end of the Olympics before Russia really starts to get involved.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 20, 2014, 01:51:04 pm »

I thought read-only meant "to not write posts". Apparently 21st century has changed that definition while I wasn't looking  ;)
._.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 20, 2014, 01:51:25 pm »

So your theory is that a band of protesters stole a whole bunch of Berkut uniforms but couldn't steal combat boots, so decided to wear a bunch of matched civilian shoes instead. Then organized a whole lot more uniforms and riot gear to look like a whole Berkut unit. Then they shot and killed dozen of protesters while the rest of the police did nothing to stop them.

They didn't have the shoes because reptilians sent by the Illuminati stole them while they were blowing up WTC with fluoride in the water.

Escuse me, but this is not funny.
This shoes case suddenly turns all "police randomly shooting everybody" thing into "provocateurs attack both police and protesters". If the second variant gets officially confirmed, there will be still chance to end all peacefully.
Too bad UkrainianRanger left the thread and is probably on the way to Kiev to avenge his friends without even trying to figure out the actual murderers.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 20, 2014, 01:53:12 pm »

So me and my dad were talking about this yesterday and we both were thinking that the protesters have until the end of the Olympics before Russia really starts to get involved.
The Olympic Games end this Sunday, the 23rd of February.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 20, 2014, 01:54:39 pm »

Just watched a Russian live news about Kiev. You know what? Til' now I was putting most of the blame for what is going on onto protesters and Berkut guys. Now I know who is a real fuckup. Yanukovich is. Goddamit, your country is in a FUCKING CIVIL WAR. Do something about it, bitch! But no, he continues to murmur shit, as far as I remember. I don't know, suppres the protest in brutal way and sign yourself a death penalty agreement, or let the will of your people be and flee with all you've stolen from your country as fast as you can, just do something.
To be short, Yanukovich sucks so hard one couldn't even imagine in any perverted erotic dream.
I approve this post.
Are you from Russia?
Да. Yes.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2014, 01:55:29 pm »

There is still a chance for it to end peacefully, Yanukovitch just need to get tis act together.

And frankly, your theory is ridulous. You're saying that hundreds of guys managed to pass of as policemen, capturing hundreds of uniform and hundred of identical civilian shoes but not enough combat boots (Your "they do not fit" explanation may work for a few, but wouldn't do when you seize hundreds of them. Except if Berkut is made of genetically-engineered people with tiny feet or something.)

And I don't really see what the Olympics have to do with this.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: February 20, 2014, 01:58:39 pm »

Too bad UkrainianRanger left the thread and is probably on the way to Kiev to avenge his friends without even trying to figure out the actual murderers.

Ummm, dude, this might not be the best statement to make. Personal attacks are highly frowned upon here
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: February 20, 2014, 02:00:21 pm »

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not very aware events in Ukraine. What are the sides and what are their stances, grievances, reasons for acting out, etc.?
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:12 pm »

Short story: government is corrupt and made of pro-russia crooks with support in the largely russophone east. Protests erupted when they ditched a deal with the EU. Protest are made of western ukrainian, with a lot of far-right activists in them. Protesters want the government to resign and new elections, government want the protester to stop protesting.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: February 20, 2014, 02:02:25 pm »

You might want to read this.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 20, 2014, 02:03:37 pm »

Ummm, dude, this might not be the best statement to make. Personal attacks are highly frowned upon here
I actually think Ukrainian Ranger does just the right thing. Since he is highly involved and quite radical person, he willingly refuses from arguing to let the others speak freely. That demands a strong will.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 20, 2014, 02:04:49 pm »

Sorry for my ignorance but I'm not very aware events in Ukraine. What are the sides and what are their stances, grievances, reasons for acting out, etc.?

Basically, the Ukraine can end up as either a German puppet state or a Russian one.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 20, 2014, 02:05:02 pm »

You might want to read this.

You could have pasted in a big red button. :p

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 20, 2014, 02:07:09 pm »

By the way:
Gentlemen, I now adress to those of you who live outside the former Soviet Union. I want to ask if you have Maidan reports in your mass media (radio, TV, newspapers) or you get it via internet only. Because in Russia journalists say that a lot of europeans and americans keep calling Euromaidan a peaceful protest because they simply do not know what is actually going on right now.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 02:11:26 pm by Comrade P. »
Sigs

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 286