Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305700 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Uprising in Ukraine
« Reply #510 on: February 20, 2014, 12:46:23 pm »

No, Berkut got camouflage gear with " Бе́ркут" on the back. Not all-black stuff with no ID.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 20, 2014, 12:58:18 pm »

From other pictures I have seen these guys are police. There have been plenty of pictures showing these guys with the stripes together with other policemen.
If you are going for some kind of conspiracy theory that it's protesters disguised in uniforms, that's pointless. It is already established that both sides are using guns.

Excuse me, but this is blindness.
Never ever a military man or policeman will put civilian shoes into fight. This just is not possible.
It is already established that both sides are using guns.
Yes, but there is no solid proof that police used lethal force before being allowed to do so this noon.

No, Berkut got camouflage gear with " Бе́ркут" on the back. Not all-black stuff with no ID.
On the earlier photos "yellow stripes" have "БЕРКУТ" on their backs.
Also, Berkut does use black uniforms, and here we can see both types together:

« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 01:01:39 pm by webber »

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2014, 01:00:34 pm »

I don't know what unit they belong to, but I've seen several similar pictures.
Like these:
https://twitter.com/TukvaSociopat/status/436448809221386241
https://twitter.com/EastOfBrussels/status/436528818090938368
https://twitter.com/euromaidan/status/436548962942599168

The opposition claims they are from the government.

There's also this video. The german site that posted it explicitely stated that while they suspected them to be police, the authenticity of the video was not confirmed.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2014, 01:03:30 pm »

«Беркут»  • «Грифон»  • «Сокіл» (УБОЗ)  • «Титан» (УДСО)   

Барс»  • «Вега»  • «Гепард»  • «Кобра»  • «Лаванда»  • «Омега»  • «Скорпіон»  • «Скат»  • «Тінь»  • «Тигр»  • «Ягуар»

The list of special units of Ukraine Police. Each has it's own uniform
That's not counting special units of SBU, Internal forces and Army

"Berkut" is more like generic name for them all

/Back to the read-only mode
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2014, 01:04:40 pm »

So your theory is that a band of protesters stole a whole bunch of Berkut uniforms but couldn't steal combat boots, so decided to wear a bunch of matched civilian shoes instead. Then organized a whole lot more uniforms and riot gear to look like a whole Berkut unit. Then they shot and killed dozen of protesters while the rest of the police did nothing to stop them.

That, or maybe they just put their pants over their boots.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2014, 01:09:07 pm »

The goverment didn't even deny that the police shot people, they just said it was self-defense. There are pictures of protesters with guns too, and it's clear that they fired at the police. So I see no need for weird conspiracy theories.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2014, 01:09:29 pm »

Just watched a Russian live news about Kiev. You know what? Til' now I was putting most of the blame for what is going on onto protesters and Berkut guys. Now I know who is a real fuckup. Yanukovich is. Goddamit, your country is in a FUCKING CIVIL WAR. Do something about it, bitch! But no, he continues to murmur shit, as far as I remember. I don't know, suppres the protest in brutal way and sign yourself a death penalty agreement, or let the will of your people be and flee with all you've stolen from your country as fast as you can, just do something.
To be short, Yanukovich sucks so hard one couldn't even imagine in any perverted erotic dream.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2014, 01:14:04 pm »

Medwedew said something similar earlier, that Russia needed a dialogue partner who's in control of his country. While one could read that as an appeal to crack down on the protests, it could also mean that Russia considers dropping support for Yanukovych.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2014, 01:15:32 pm »

But is Russia really supporting Yanukovitch? What are they concretely doing to support him?

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 20, 2014, 01:16:46 pm »

Providing money to ensure he doesn't go bankrupt?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:12 pm »

Didn't he suspend that recently?

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2014, 01:20:23 pm »

I don't know what unit they belong to, but I've seen several similar pictures.
Like these:
https://twitter.com/TukvaSociopat/status/436448809221386241
https://twitter.com/EastOfBrussels/status/436528818090938368
https://twitter.com/euromaidan/status/436548962942599168

The opposition claims they are from the government.

There's also this video. The german site that posted it explicitely stated that while they suspected them to be police, the authenticity of the video was not confirmed.

Yes, I see yellow stripes everywhere. Even the first column can be fully composed of provocateurs. Not all of them are wearing civilian shoes, but the first photo still compromises everything.
Also there are reports that short AKSU they are using are no longer being used by MIA forces, but - all of sudden - AKSU were present on that military base that was captured by protesters.

So your theory is that a band of protesters stole a whole bunch of Berkut uniforms but couldn't steal combat boots, so decided to wear a bunch of matched civilian shoes instead. Then organized a whole lot more uniforms and riot gear to look like a whole Berkut unit. Then they shot and killed dozen of protesters while the rest of the police did nothing to stop them.
That, or maybe they just put their pants over their boots.

maybe they just put their pants over their boots.
Look closer. The guy wears this: or something similar.

band of protesters
Of unknown provocateurs.

stole a whole bunch of Berkut uniforms
Captured, not "stole".

but couldn't steal combat boots
Size. It never fits. Ask anybody who served, or read "Starship troopers", I remember the same problem with a tunic.

organized a whole lot more uniforms and riot gear to look like a whole Berkut unit
Yes.

Then they shot and killed dozen of protesters
Dozens.

while the rest of the police did nothing to stop them
With good intentions? Or rubber clubs? MIA allowed use of lethal weapons AFTER the morning shootout, not before. Also, just saw on TV - even Maidan protesters confirmed that they`ve seen a Berkut unit retreating from heavy fire.

webber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2014, 01:22:57 pm »

Just watched a Russian live news about Kiev. You know what? Til' now I was putting most of the blame for what is going on onto protesters and Berkut guys. Now I know who is a real fuckup. Yanukovich is. Goddamit, your country is in a FUCKING CIVIL WAR. Do something about it, bitch! But no, he continues to murmur shit, as far as I remember. I don't know, suppres the protest in brutal way and sign yourself a death penalty agreement, or let the will of your people be and flee with all you've stolen from your country as fast as you can, just do something.
To be short, Yanukovich sucks so hard one couldn't even imagine in any perverted erotic dream.
I approve this post.
Are you from Russia?

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2014, 01:31:14 pm »

Didn't he suspend that recently?
A credit payment was delayed till friday. Not suspended so far.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 20, 2014, 01:41:19 pm »

They didn't have the shoes because reptilians sent by the Illuminati stole them while they were blowing up WTC with fluoride in the water.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 286