Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305964 times)

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
  • Absolutely detests Sinibombs
    • View Profile
    • http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf
Re: Events in Ukraine
« Reply #315 on: February 18, 2014, 03:27:06 pm »

Whoa, right now people started to add the fuel to the fire like crazy. Don't know what the speaker said, but seems like the party is barely starting.

Ukrainian Ranger - yeah, I thought so. This is the part I DON'T envy you.  :(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:30:26 pm by Sinistar »
Everything is an instrument if you hit it the right way.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: February 18, 2014, 03:36:39 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d41cRqLkCk4&feature=player_embedded

-1 enemy APC

It's like some damned surreal dream, Kiev is looking like Damascus
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 03:38:12 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: February 18, 2014, 03:40:57 pm »

Holly shit.

I don't even know what to say.
Oh they know. Spiders are not stupid. They've just got disproportionally huge balls.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: February 18, 2014, 03:49:10 pm »

You guys sure know how to put up a good party...

Just make sure this isn't all wasted.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: February 18, 2014, 03:50:53 pm »

leipe shit

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: February 18, 2014, 03:53:45 pm »

There's no way those guys survived that.

And that cheer afterward...
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: February 18, 2014, 03:59:31 pm »

Well, some seconds later you can see a group of policemen/troopers a bit away from the burning APC trying to douse out the flames on themselves. And, while burning quite a bit, I'd think APC's armor wasn't breached as there were no actuall explosives involved (probably)? So my guess is they did manage do get out.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: February 18, 2014, 04:02:07 pm »

Judging by the tattoo he died in a way he dreamed. R.I.P.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: February 18, 2014, 04:03:47 pm »

Is that what they were doing? My eyes were elsewhere.

Also, what is the guy giving the speech talking about? It doesn't give me captions.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: February 18, 2014, 04:08:40 pm »

Yeah, there's no way that would have killed anybody inside the APC, though it certainly immobilized it. Hard to drive with melted tires.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: February 18, 2014, 04:16:14 pm »

Wow, that's getting intense over there.

Not surprised that the police are siding with the government. Almost all police forces have an us-vs-the people mentality in general. Comes from having the majority of their interactions with the public be negative.  It's an easy mental shift for them to go from looking at people as protesters to looking at them as criminals, and once that happens they're often perfectly fine cracking down with force.

Which is why it's the Military that usually shows which way the winds will blow if things turn into a full-on revolution, as they don't usually have that same mindset.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: February 18, 2014, 04:20:34 pm »

Yeah, there's no way that would have killed anybody inside the APC, though it certainly immobilized it. Hard to drive with melted tires.
Well, it certainly not that healthy. Doubt the APC is completely atmospherically sealed and has it's own independent AC system, so things will get pretty hot in there eventually.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: February 18, 2014, 04:21:48 pm »

Each and every major Ukrainian TV channel pretends that nothing happens. TV shows, comedies, damned Olympics, music.... Whores. I hope they'll find no jobs in Ukraine after our victory

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: February 18, 2014, 04:22:12 pm »

Wow, that's getting intense over there.

Not surprised that the police are siding with the government. Almost all police forces have an us-vs-the people mentality in general. Comes from having the majority of their interactions with the public be negative.  It's an easy mental shift for them to go from looking at people as protesters to looking at them as criminals, and once that happens they're often perfectly fine cracking down with force.

Which is why it's the Military that usually shows which way the winds will blow if things turn into a full-on revolution, as they don't usually have that same mindset.
Wikipedia says that the police of Rivne Oblast defected, so it's not a unanimous thing.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sinistar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: February 18, 2014, 04:26:38 pm »

So, according to BBC at least 13 people have been killed during clashes today alone.

Police says 6 of policemen were shot. ???
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 04:29:29 pm by Sinistar »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 286