Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305497 times)

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #1920 on: March 05, 2014, 03:38:15 pm »

Well, genuinely, reading this thread alone make me think that. And actually, leaked Nulandgate scandal somehow caused huge uproar against West, atleast in my circle. And thats is funny, because my circle is generally anti-Putin. Now I am going to hold my opinions to myself, because I found many links and sayings here kinda utterly offensive, bordering insult, including everything about "war" with Georgia. Thats was incredibly one sided anti Russian propaganda full of bullshit in all it's grace so I am better not going to comment it. I call ratio of sayings/links to be utterly one sided/hostile in that thread is like 1:5 towards West. So.
Could you clarify, because I can't find it.
He's probably talking about the (in)famous Nuland's "Fuck the EU!" phone call.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: March 05, 2014, 03:39:57 pm »

Oh that. I think I saw a Polandball comic about it.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: March 05, 2014, 03:42:32 pm »

Then he asked if they could - in principle - draft me.
In case of defense, every German male under 60 can be drafted. That's why I don't like this "let's send NATO troops in" talk that much.

Scheißekaiser is hilarious.
It is.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: March 05, 2014, 03:43:35 pm »

Apparently the UN envoy to Crimea got carjacked by unidentified armed men telling him to get out of Crimea.

Also, can someone tells me what's so bad about the Nuland phone call? gogis?

Also, what's that Scheissekaiser thing?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: March 05, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »

Well, genuinely, reading this thread alone make me think that. And actually, leaked Nulandgate scandal somehow caused huge uproar against West, atleast in my circle. And thats is funny, because my circle is generally anti-Putin. Now I am going to hold my opinions to myself, because I found many links and sayings here kinda utterly offensive, bordering insult, including everything about "war" with Georgia. Thats was incredibly one sided anti Russian propaganda full of bullshit in all it's grace so I am better not going to comment it. I call ratio of sayings/links to be utterly one sided/hostile in that thread is like 1:5 towards West. So.
Could you clarify, because I can't find it.
He's probably talking about the (in)famous Nuland's "Fuck the EU!" phone call.

That is exactly the problem. West is jumping on Fuck EU, but not on the rest of conversation, which is interesting. I defenetily don't care "fuck EU" or "fuck Russia" if it happens. I swear all the time, who cares. Thats a Russia - Ukraine - Klitcko - USA. This just not compute. And this Kim... whatever guy from g8? Bought as well? Thats is ridiculous. Generally I completely don't care. I don't even vote. But how the hell these guys involve on something that dirty? Why on earth you try to be involved in coups so CLOSE to me? I am docile dwarf fortress player, damnit. And don't ask me, why I dont want NATO on my border.
In Soviet Russia cigarette smokes you

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: March 05, 2014, 03:49:32 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what you are trying to say.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: March 05, 2014, 03:51:38 pm »

Apparently the UN envoy to Crimea got carjacked by unidentified armed men telling him to get out of Crimea.
He's ok and on his way home already. So much for UN mediation.

It means Shit Emperor. It's from an old rhyme about the 3 German emperors: Der greise (old/geriatric) Kaiser (Wilhelm I), der weise (wise) Kaiser (Friedrich III) und der Scheißekaiser (Wilhelm II).

Me neither.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: March 05, 2014, 03:52:32 pm »

Also, can someone tells me what's so bad about the Nuland phone call? gogis?

It's a variation of "Shitlord", formerly an insult reportedly used by some crazy feminists on Tumblr. It was shamelessly appropriated by people mocking SJWs. You can find "Shitlord" and other variations of it (like poopduke or fecal dictator) used as an in-joke on communities dedicated to mocking SJWs, like the subreddit /r/tumblrinaction and others.
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: March 05, 2014, 03:53:51 pm »

Thanks GI. Also gogis, I don't get your point. The video just said they had a bunch of meetings, and that Nuland though Klitchko was the best bet for a post-Yanukovitch government. What's wrong with this?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: March 05, 2014, 03:55:31 pm »

Helgoland, is you old man doing okay? I always feel sorry for the poor bastards who had to be a part of one of the most horrible regimes in history just because the were born in the wrong place.

Speaking of partisans, my friend's grandmother was one. She was 16 when germans entered her village, herded all the people into a barn, looted everything they could carry away and torched the barn with the people still inside. She survived because her sister literally shoved her out of the window and told her to run when nazis(and those were actual nazis, not the decent people german people just proclaimed one like your grandfather) barged into their house. Maria, that's her name, wandered the woods for a while before stumbling upon a similar group of refugees who were going to join the local partisans under the command of a man called Professor. She decided to join, too, and since that decision has made it her life's mission to exterminate as many germans as possible as an act of revenge for her family. Things she did included lynching german collaborators, blowing up Germany-bound trains carrying wounded troops, among other things, sneaking into villages occupied by enemy soldiers while they were sleeping and knifing them 20-30 times each and just in general gunning down everything she saw that had a swastika on it.

After the war ended, she led a perfectly well-adjusted life until passing away quietly in her sleep by her daughter's side and never mentioned feeling sorry for anything she did, except for running away and leaving her family before they all died.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: March 05, 2014, 03:55:54 pm »

It's a variation of "Shitlord", formerly an insult reportedly used by some crazy feminists on Tumblr. It was shamelessly appropriated by people mocking SJWs. You can find "Shitlord" and other variations of it (like poopduke or fecal dictator) used as an in-joke on communities dedicated to mocking SJWs, like the subreddit /r/tumblrinaction and others.
And there I was admiring your intricate knowledge of 19th century German history.  ;)

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: March 05, 2014, 03:58:14 pm »

You need to try and find full transcript of leaked Nuland Pyatt conversation. I can't help you here. The fact of connection between Klitchko and US officials is clear for me, must be not clear for you, but hey, thats a nature of interpretation. Again, if I find that this is troubling, because I am absolutely apolitical person. And now I am worried of shenanigans. I mean really I start believing in West against Russia agenda which I always find amusing before.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: March 05, 2014, 04:01:31 pm »

You need to try and find full transcript of leaked Nuland Pyatt conversation. I can't help you here. The fact of connection between Klitchko and US officials is clear for me, must be not clear for you, but hey, thats a nature of interpretation. Again, if I find that this is troubling, because I am absolutely apolitical person. And now I am worried of shenanigans. I mean really I start believing in West against Russia agenda which I always find amusing before.

Relax, brother, I'm russian as well and I can tell you that the westerners really have nothing against Russia as people, their governments are just freaking out because of what Putin is doing.

XXSockXX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: March 05, 2014, 04:04:55 pm »

You are aware that US and EU diplomats were trying to mediate in the Ukraine crisis? The disagreement was about who should be supported as a potential new Prime Minister, as part of a compromise between Yanukovych and the opposition. The EU wanted Klitchko, the US wanted Yatsenyuk.
If you're refering to something else, here is a transcript.

gogis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: March 05, 2014, 04:06:18 pm »

Relax, brother, I'm russian as well and I can tell you that the westerners really have nothing against Russia as people, their governments are just freaking out because of what Putin is doing.

I am surrounded by westerners on daily basis, I never blame people, but their goverments actually caught my attention so I started to watch :) It's always goverment and that dreaded military boldheads
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 286