Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 286

Author Topic: UR's Post-USSR politics megathread  (Read 305286 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Russian intervention in Ukraine
« Reply #1845 on: March 04, 2014, 06:54:16 pm »

If you call everyone racist, then you have to call the ACTUAL white-supremacists (or whatever your prefered flavour of hate is) like... Super-Racists. Tru-Racists. MegaRacists?

Edit: Isn't immigration to Israel... already on the rise? Just mostly from Africa and such?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: March 04, 2014, 07:33:55 pm »

If you call everyone racist, then you have to call the ACTUAL white-supremacists (or whatever your prefered flavour of hate is) like... Super-Racists. Tru-Racists. MegaRacists?

UltraRacists.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: March 05, 2014, 04:38:52 am »

I am so proud of Ukrainian Navy and Ukrainian Army. They may lack in equipment , supplying and training but they have honor, loyalty and courage.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: March 05, 2014, 05:26:49 am »

So I'm without internet for a few days, and this thread explodes - didn't I bet against someone that there would be Russian trops in Ukraine? I feel I'm owed a beer...

Also, the parallel between the current nuke situation and the WWII gas situation (no, not that gas =/ ) is worth discussing more, I think: Even a direct conventional NATO/Warsaw Pact Russian confrontation won't necessarily result in nuclear war. That's why guaranteeing military aid to Ukraine seems very sensible to me: Even Putin doesn't have the poker face for such a threat.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: March 05, 2014, 05:29:00 am »

News from my news: Putin scoff at economic sanctions threats, partially invade two ukrainian missile bases. Anybody confirm for the bases?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1850 on: March 05, 2014, 05:49:44 am »

Yep, they captured disabled our AA missile sites. I think that is to open skies for their military transport aircrafts or worse

IMO, It's time to start shooting  those "self-defense squads" time for that pacifist style of defense is over
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1851 on: March 05, 2014, 06:12:26 am »

No, that would be a mistake. You can't win this one militarily, so actually the longer this staring match go on, the more Putin's look like a stupid ass on the international scene (after all, he is supposed to be protecting people, but there is no violence? Why is he there then?)

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1852 on: March 05, 2014, 06:58:02 am »

No, that would be a mistake. You can't win this one militarily, so actually the longer this staring match go on, the more Putin's look like a stupid ass on the international scene (after all, he is supposed to be protecting people, but there is no violence? Why is he there then?)
Obviously the Black Sea would be red with the Blood of Innocent Civilians if it weren't for The Great Preemptive Humanitarian Security Mission of the Father of The Fatherland, The Bulwark Against Fascism, The Glorious Leader of The Free Peoples, Comrade Stalin President Putin!

How about a dual strategy - non-army snipers/partisans start a thousand-needles campaign, while the official military holds tight and looks on?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1853 on: March 05, 2014, 07:01:12 am »

Still not a good idea. Any violence would justify Putin's actions, which is why there is so many rumors of incoming false flags operations.

The Ukrainian's best chance is that Putin, having failed in his plan to provoke a war will go back under Western pressure and with insurance that he can continue to use Sevastopol.

« Last Edit: March 05, 2014, 07:02:50 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1855 on: March 05, 2014, 07:19:03 am »

Nah, any irregulars that will attack "self-defense" units is absolutely the worst that can happen. I think Putin is dreaming about Right Sector arriving in Crimea to scream "Nazies are killing Russians!". Maybe that is what he expected knowing about natural tendency of far-rights to make rushy decisions.

If we talk about impossible scenarios: Crimean Tatar self-defense units in NATO(let's say Turkish) uniforms would be geopolitical trolling of epic proportions

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1856 on: March 05, 2014, 08:15:05 am »

That's an awesome comic, it does however show Belarus and part of Poland as being russia's upper jaw :s
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1857 on: March 05, 2014, 08:18:28 am »

Video from the blockaded base of Ukrainian marines.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1858 on: March 05, 2014, 08:43:56 am »

That comic is adorable. But yes, the less violence there is, the better for Ukraine and worse for Putin.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1859 on: March 05, 2014, 09:09:48 am »

UR, the background music is amazing. Do you know what band is it?

Also, I'm deeply impressed by the courage and discipline of the Ukrainian Army. Despite Russian pressure up to and including warning shot (as seen on a picture before), no one tried to respond in kind, and there has been precious little desertion.

Pages: 1 ... 122 123 [124] 125 126 ... 286