Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26

Author Topic: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor  (Read 48982 times)

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #165 on: October 03, 2014, 08:48:33 am »

PC for sure, if your computer is a good gaming computer, because the PC controls are good, and if you don't like them you can still use the controller. And if there's ever mods you can use them!
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 03, 2014, 10:10:12 am »

I once got gang jumped by 4 captains after doing the main mission where you kill the
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
and was at really low health. First one talked shit like "Oh your so dead, it'll be a mercy to finish you" and then the others chimmed in with "Ha your outnumbered, scrub!" - good stuff.

Sadly now that I'm frankly overleveld and op, Captains don't get to "run", life or evolve anymore, they just die.
Sorta starting to notice this too. Slightly disappointed in how easy it is to become OP but then again playing with only ONE Health Boost makes the game a bit more challenging as one good solid hit from a few captn or spear guys can take you down to last chance. I really don't bother leveling the Captn anymore cause I already got max Power pts for the skills and such and the Runes I have are really good and its not like I was still getting any epic runes from Death Threatened Pow20 Captn anyway...
Still fun though...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 03, 2014, 10:18:58 am »

I fully expect this game to just be a test playground for monolith to make a full-on Middle Earth game, akin to the batman series was refining a formula we'll see used in an actual Gotham game. I fully expect content-packed DLC, as well. All in all I'm very satisfied with this purchase, surprisingly, I haven't come close to beating the main campaign since I keep getting distracted by doing other stuff.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 03, 2014, 10:53:53 am »

Just beat the game, loved every minute about it. I agree with the difficulty issue, as it kind of made Nemesis system pointless. I only had one memorable Captain who came back after I shot him in the head with a cool metal eye-patch and proceeded to murder me right after a mission. Sadly that was the only time I died and I never met that Captain again since I moved out of the starting area. My "Nemesis" when I went after the Hand was just some random Captain I've never even met. It was kind of disappointing.

I think the main issue is that it's MUCH too easy to lose pursuing Uruk. Turn a corner and climb something. They almost immediately lose you, allowing you to pick up one of the numerous plants that health you instantly and fully.

Oh and if you think Chain-Shadow Strike is OP try using the Wraith Flash with that combo ability that immediately kills any stunned Uruks. As soon as you get the reduced Combo Chain ability and the one that allows you to perform two Combo Abilities you can AOE insta-kill everything.

Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 03, 2014, 12:39:03 pm »

I had hoped an epic massive battle at the end or something.... Somewhat disappointed xD and I went through the trouble of getting all 10 warchiefs and dozens of captains under me.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 03, 2014, 12:52:38 pm »

Remember the first guy to ever beat me?  Horhog Dead-eyes?  After I ran from the fight he walked away from (cocky bastard) I tried to stealth an orc from the bushes and it turned out to be him.  This time I won in single combat.

Well he survived with a scarred up face.  We fought again, single combat, he almost won but I took him down for good this time.  You'll be missed!
Shoes...

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 03, 2014, 01:04:09 pm »

Ending was sort of lame, though it's obviously setting itself up for the DLC.  I thought the whole "Nemesis" part was fun though, solely because it brought back a captain I had already killed three times from the early game.  First time I found him I ended up interrogating him and exploding his head (since it was too early to brand him).  Second time he came back and his face was all burnt out with a bluish-white tint, yelling about how I had "Burned his face with magic."  Killed him the same way that time.

He came back a third time with a really bulbous face that seemed to be strapped in by leather, and he was reeeally angry at me there.  That time I was a decent level and was able to use a finisher on him.  You'd think after you've stabbed a guy in the face and burned out his system with magic twice he'd get the message and stay dead.  Ended up showing up as my Nemesis.  He's missing a head now, not sure if he can come back from that one.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 01:56:44 pm by Karkov »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 03, 2014, 01:40:25 pm »

Horhog came back.

Epic runes drop too often.  Aside from that, awesome game!  Horhog has regeneration which I guess might allow him to get his head back but still, kind of ruins the melancholy of it thinking he might still come back.
Shoes...

Symbiode

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms = bad
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 03, 2014, 02:24:22 pm »

I encountered a very special Captain during my game, and after some thought, I swore to myself that he would rise through the ranks to one day lead all orcs. I even created a campaign slogan for him.

I present to you, Skoth Runny-Bowels:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 03, 2014, 02:33:59 pm »

Yes
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 03, 2014, 02:35:49 pm »

Horhog came back.

Epic runes drop too often.  Aside from that, awesome game!  Horhog has regeneration which I guess might allow him to get his head back but still, kind of ruins the melancholy of it thinking he might still come back.

Epic runes don't really drop too often considering how you have three weapons with 5 slots. When I beat the campaign I only had a single bow epic rune.

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 03, 2014, 02:40:02 pm »

Somebody should make a run where you die 20 times to a random orc captain in the beginning of the game.
._.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 03, 2014, 02:50:58 pm »

I am planning of doing a challenge where you use the second option (Trials of War) and have some score games there. That would be an interesting way of doing it, like Not using runes for one...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 03, 2014, 03:04:35 pm »

Somebody should make a run where you die 20 times to a random orc captain in the beginning of the game.

I have this recurring nemesis, Morgu the Watcher I think he's called, whom I defeated once but he came back and he now has the amazing ability to always appear at the most inopportune moments and kill me, or contribute to my death at the very least. I think he's gone from power level 3 or 4 to 9 by now and I'm growing kinda attached to him to be honest :)

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 03, 2014, 03:26:45 pm »

I don't have the game or otherwise I would investigate myself. Are the orcs level captain and up all randomly generated? Like, no two orcs are quite the same in each game? I'd think the Orc Twins from Ragbag's questline are hardcoded, but otherwise it sounds like everyone has different orcs.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 26