Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26

Author Topic: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor  (Read 48928 times)

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
Re: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor
« Reply #240 on: October 08, 2014, 07:33:12 pm »

From what I could tell most of the people here are done with the story, and those who haven't played already know most of the story anyway (or at least were paying enough attention pre-release to know most of what went on in the story before it even got that far).  If there's anyone who is going into this blind, they probably shouldn't be looking at a discussion board of this game. >_>

Eventually Uruk Captains start coming in at higher levels (I think most of mine are coming it at 16+ now), but it takes a while to get there.  Even then it's really not that hard to kill the Captains.  They'll always have one weakness and at that point in the game you should easily be able to exploit it, especially if you have the three upgrades.

I think the strongest Captain I ever encountered was one who actually had Combat Master, Invulnerable to Stealth, Invulnerable to Ranged and Monster Slayer.  His fault though was that he was afraid of anything that walked, and fleeing Captains make really easy targets (they lose all of their bonuses).

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 08, 2014, 08:28:18 pm »

I figured the story wasn't worth anything to begin with.  Because fancy ghost going dynasty warrior on orcs in Sauron's territory or something.  Hard to imagine it would be relevant in any way.
 I still havn't picked this game up yet.  I'm still waiting for it to be better.  Either via DLC or PC mods.  Well, mostly PC mods.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 08, 2014, 08:31:26 pm »

When the army shows a little skull totem instead of a corpse, does that mean the captain is going to come back for vengeance?

The exact opposite actually.  That mean his head's been removed by some means or another and he can never come back outside of a pretty rare bug (I had it happen once, beheaded the guy again and this time he stayed down.)

If they're lying on the ground as corpses they can come back, and if you check back frequently you can see the injuries appear on the body.  I don't think he can come back if someone replaces him in the hierarchy though.
Shoes...

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: October 08, 2014, 08:53:47 pm »

Well, mostly PC mods.

I am curious as to what is going to be done on this front.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 08, 2014, 09:24:02 pm »

I figured the story wasn't worth anything to begin with.  Because fancy ghost going dynasty warrior on orcs in Sauron's territory or something.  Hard to imagine it would be relevant in any way.
 I still havn't picked this game up yet.  I'm still waiting for it to be better.  Either via DLC or PC mods.  Well, mostly PC mods.
I thought the same thing too, but then I was amazed. I'm a pretty big tolkien fan and I've actually accepted it as canon for the most part.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 08, 2014, 09:27:14 pm »

At what point in the timeline is this supposed to be in anyway? Is this taking place during the events of the Hobbit or is this earlier than that? Obviously it's after the first defeat of Sauron but before he's achieved blazing eye form in LotR.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 08, 2014, 09:39:50 pm »

its in the 80 years between the hobbit and the trilogy.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 08, 2014, 09:40:44 pm »

It's after The Hobbit.  Sauron has just come back to Mordor, Gollum is looking for the ring,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: October 09, 2014, 04:07:36 am »

While the nemesis system is great, it doesn't scale up the challenge as you succeed.  Only as you fail.  I'd like the new captains to start at much higher level (maybe as an option, or some in-universe thing like writing Sauron nasty letters by crow) and to appear in packs more.

Isn't that pretty much what Death Threat is for?

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 09, 2014, 08:21:30 am »

Well, mostly PC mods.

I am curious as to what is going to be done on this front.
9001 powerlevel orc captains.
._.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: October 09, 2014, 08:52:04 am »

While the nemesis system is great, it doesn't scale up the challenge as you succeed.  Only as you fail.  I'd like the new captains to start at much higher level (maybe as an option, or some in-universe thing like writing Sauron nasty letters by crow) and to appear in packs more.

Isn't that pretty much what Death Threat is for?

Yeah, but that only raises the uruk's level by 5, and even at level 20 they're really easy to dispatch towards the end of the game with a fully upgraded character. The packs of bodyguards are at best completely inconsequential and at worst actually help you by being targets on which you can charge up your hit streak.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: October 09, 2014, 11:11:53 am »

I find it slightly ironic and funny that...when facing a range/stealth/combat/caragor immune (and rapidly regenerating HP) officer I hard a hard time hurting him...and when I did it left me nearly dead and he quickly regenerated his HP. I branded 2 regular uruks and they proceeded to knock him over and kick the shit out of him (literally) and make quick work of him...he fled...but it was still silly

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: October 09, 2014, 11:46:55 am »

Yeah, branding is completely overpowered.

The game goes super duper easy when you get that ability. Your best bet is to not use it at all.

bluwolfie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: October 09, 2014, 02:47:29 pm »

Yeah, branding is completely overpowered.

The game goes super duper easy when you get that ability. Your best bet is to not use it at all.

Yeah I just mess around with the orcs in the original area, killing them and waiting to see if they come back with scars.. I spend way too much time just killing orcs.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: October 09, 2014, 02:49:25 pm »

I spend way too much time just killing orcs.
You say that as if this isn't the main feature of the game.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 26