Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why are these Titans Stuck?  (Read 1451 times)

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
Why are these Titans Stuck?
« on: January 22, 2014, 02:01:16 pm »

So, I've got a situation here I've never seen before.

I'm building a demonstration fort to show how to bait/draw building destroyers.  It's worked fine so far, until the beasts got where there are now. Just... stuck in front of two doors.  There's no Z-level strangeness, and the doors aren't artifacts.  They've been there for two in-game years.  Forbidding doors (or not) doesn't change anything.

So why won't they break them down or move?  Anyone have any thoughts?

KaiserKlay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Why are these Titans Stuck?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2014, 10:28:47 pm »

If anything you should consider yourself lucky, as well, what material were the doors made of?

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2014, 11:43:56 pm »

If you look at them with (t) have they become xdoorsx or XdoorsX or maybe even XXdoorsXX? If not, then the beasties aren't even trying to break them.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2014, 04:31:20 am »

They're standing right next to the door. It's known bug that they sometimes can't break something they're next to instead of one tile away.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 04:32:53 am by Di »
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2014, 07:43:36 am »

Try to remove those doors with dwarfpower.

Lielac

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PEDANTRY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2014, 05:25:20 pm »

Try to remove those doors with dwarfpower.

There shouldn't be any need for that. I've successfully deconstructed tables with a cave-in directly on top of them, which surprisingly didn't destroy said tables. On the other hand, the tables were artifact, so... -shrug- Try it anyway.

Lielac likes adamantine, magnetite, marble, the color olive green, battle axes, cats for their aloofness, dragons for their terrible majesty, women for their beauty, and the Oxford comma for its disambiguating properties. When possible, she prefers to consume pear cider and nectarines. She absolutely detests kobolds.

vjek

• Bay Watcher
  • If it didn't work, change the world so it does.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2014, 08:20:46 pm »

yeah, dwarves won't go near them (interrupted due to ...), and the doors aren't being damaged.  They're just normal rock doors, nothing special.

I guess it's a bug/glitch, but now every titan/dragon/hydra that enters the map paths to that spot and just stands there.

Kind of disappointing. :(

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2014, 10:47:17 am »

yeah, dwarves won't go near them (interrupted due to ...), and the doors aren't being damaged.  They're just normal rock doors, nothing special.

I guess it's a bug/glitch, but now every titan/dragon/hydra that enters the map paths to that spot and just stands there.

Kind of disappointing. :(
Who needs cages when you have two doors?  :P
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.