Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: The Abbey of Sands - Community Fort  (Read 10964 times)

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Abbey of Sands - Community Fort
« Reply #105 on: July 31, 2014, 01:25:58 pm »

Whelp, I think it would be essential for character development. It's up to you.

You still have so much armour to make.  :-\

My soldiers need new shoes!

Ah well, I can start training new armourers and put you in a squad.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 31, 2014, 01:41:52 pm »

Has my guy been giving a bow and sharp, pointy things to fire at evil things yet? Because if not than shoes are kind of important for the whole 'fleeing for your life' thing that he would have to be doing.
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 31, 2014, 02:25:38 pm »

Has my guy been giving a bow and sharp, pointy things to fire at evil things yet? Because if not than shoes are kind of important for the whole 'fleeing for your life' thing that he would have to be doing.

You're in the bow squad we have, gear isn't great yet (like most of the army) but I'm working on it. Planning to do a steel helm + mail and leather combo.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 09, 2014, 09:15:39 am »

14th Obsidian
Even as the carpenters fashion a shrine to Mete Asa has laid plans for new rooms to be established in the Abbey walls for the remaining founders.

19th Obsidian
The Dwarves were on their way out of our town an army of Nightwings was sighted on the horizon.

Axemen on foot from the north, war beasts from the west, Hammermen on foot and crossbowmen on mounts from the east. It's a large force, I don't know if we can defeat it.

20th Obsidian
The dwarven guards gave their lives to ensure the merchants could get past the Nightwings.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

One of the warriors, she introduced herself as Oddom Zasitsheget when I spoke to the Dwarves during their stay, has done a great deal of harm to the Nightwings. Her noble fight will be remembered.

1st Granite
We have stationed ourselves in the hall, the civilians have been told to hide in the food storehouse. Any monster that sticks so much as a foot in here will be carved to ribbons by our blades.

The first things to breach the doors were a pack of trained leopards. We drove them away with minimal injury, our commander pursuing them out through the door.

We followed the commander out as fast as we could, only to see her on the ground being savaged by a group of jaguars. We charged to her rescue, the archers firing point blank into the animals and our swords striking limbs and heads from their bodies. The commander was badly wounded, bleeding and torn all over. We carried her inside to be tended by the physicians.

We have fallen back into the hall. The doors are sealed and we will do everything in our power to weather the storm.

We can hear the Nightwings outside. Their jackal cries taunt us.

5th Granite
One of our bowmen, Senshuken, has volunteered to climb onto the walls of the abbey to try and spy out the Nightwings positions and to try and injure them with his arrows if the opportunity arises.

11th Granite
Senshuken was badly wounded by Nightwing crossbows while trading fire with the invaders. Kamven Mountain was injured carrying him back into the safety of the walls. I am told that both will live.

25th Granite
Giant Leopards managed to force their way through the doors today. We had relaxed the restrictions on civilians moving around during the siege and many were in the main hall. Several are dead or wounded, some soldiers as well. One of my squadmates has been killed, but we killed all the beasts.

8th Slate
A Nightwing flew over the walls today. Thankfully it was alone, I dread to think what a group of them could have done considering the damage this lone one did. We hacked it's wings away, tore off it's arms and clove it's legs from it and still it did not die. We eventually cut it in half at the waist and it ceased moving. Several people were injured by it and have been taken into the hospital in the catacombs below us.

1st Felsite
One of the jewelers has snuck out of the hall and was spotted heading for the jewelers shop, I hope they manage to avoid being spotted by the Nightwings, there has been enough death here.

12th Felsite
We made a sortie against the Nightwings today. Fighting them in the streets among the houses. It was a hard fought battle, and none of us came away unharmed. Even so, our casualties were surprisingly light. The captain of the Blades, one of our sword squads was killed, and my remaining squadmate lost his arm to a Nightwing's jaws. The commander was savagely mauled again, but will live. I am impressed by her fortitude, she has survived where most people her age would be dead thrice over.

The militia commander is surprisingly good at not getting killed for a 93 year old.  I don't know why so many people I put in the militia here wind up being old though, it's a bit annoying/funny really.

Due to pathfinding issues the Nightwings are mostly just staying slightly out of line of sight of the abbey, so there's little immediate danger from them. Hell the jeweler who mooded has been running back and forth from the hall to the workshop with gems and hasn't been attacked once.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Senshuken

• Bay Watcher
  • Defend till the end.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 09, 2014, 10:35:18 am »

Did Sen manage to injury any of them, or was one sided in their favor from the beginning?
Cause every silver lining has a cloud, and it won't be alright on the night; There's nothing at the end of the rainbow and there's a tunnel at the end of the light!

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2014, 10:45:29 am »

Did Sen manage to injury any of them, or was one sided in their favor from the beginning?

Hurt a few mounts, did a bit of damage to some of the actual Nightwings, but it was a 4v1 situation since the rest of the archer squad wasn't responding to the station order.

It was a good thing most of the crossbowmen were unable to see the walls, or it would have been 10v1.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 16, 2014, 07:33:35 pm »

I've finally gotten around to downloading the new version of DF, so I might post up my most recent stuff and then take a month or two to see what I can do with the new version.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]