Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24937 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: ONIONS FOR THE ONION GOD
« Reply #105 on: January 29, 2014, 09:32:49 pm »

You can also just right-click and "View Image in New Tab" or something.
Also, how big is one square?

Improve the cruder houses of the outposts to be more wooden.

Send scouts to scout upstream.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 29, 2014, 09:50:48 pm »

((A single square takes maybe half an hour or so to cross. I've been using chunks of 45 x 45 squares, with each one of those being a day's travel time, so yeah, that amounts to just a little over half an hour per square. Also, which upstream? There are quite a few rivers now.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 29, 2014, 09:53:07 pm »

((Assuming an average rate around 3 mph, and eight hours being spent on the move...~12 miles (19.3 km)?

And whichever.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 29, 2014, 10:01:44 pm »

((Where's twelve coming from? Eight hours and three miles per hour would be twenty four.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 30, 2014, 02:15:25 am »

((Back and forth, I assume.))

Anyway, I assume we're transporting the wood by boat? If so, we should set up a lumberjack next to the stone outpost. Then we can just let the wood flow downriver rather than having to transport it.

RulerOfNothing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 30, 2014, 04:00:44 am »

One thing we should do now that we have a better source of wood is to improve our woodworking abilities, particularly in the area of constructing watercraft. Also, what technologies do we currently have access to and how is technological development determined?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 30, 2014, 07:20:37 am »

((Where's twelve coming from? Eight hours and three miles per hour would be twenty four.))
((A single square takes maybe half an hour or so to cross.
...Which I misread as half a day. So I halved it.
Sig

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 30, 2014, 07:35:06 am »

Start building some sort of a road system (from the stones) and bridges (from the wood) between the two camps and main village.
The forest camp in particular seems to be rather cut off from the other two parts of our civilization, since you can get between the main and hill camps via the river at least.
It also wouldn't be a bad idea to, eventually, start building something on that large peninsula to the east, seems like a good position.

Start building pickaxes in the hill camp.

And at this point I'm genuinely surprised we still haven't run into anyone else throughout the 150 years of our history.
Maybe we should consider at least some rudimentary defensive palisades around the villages, the two camps in particular?

Also,
Slaves to Oni-One: God of Onions - Chapter 3: Human Camp
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 07:39:10 am by DarkDXZ »

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 30, 2014, 08:40:08 am »

Start building some sort of a road system (from the stones) and bridges (from the wood) between the two camps and main village.
The forest camp in particular seems to be rather cut off from the other two parts of our civilization, since you can get between the main and hill camps via the river at least.
It also wouldn't be a bad idea to, eventually, start building something on that large peninsula to the east, seems like a good position.

Start building pickaxes out of flint and the harder stone in the hill camp.

And at this point I'm genuinely surprised we still haven't run into anyone else throughout the 150 years of our history.
Build some rudimentary defensive palisades around the villages, also.

Also,
Slaves to Oni-One: God of Onions - Chapter 3: Human Camp

+1. I was going to suggest this, but it seems you beat me to it. Oh, and FTFY. To make eet beeetter.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 30, 2014, 09:21:33 am »

Maybe we should consider at least some rudimentary defensive palisades around the villages, the two camps in particular?
Why would we build defenses?
Sig

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 30, 2014, 09:41:26 am »

So that when suddenly someone decides to pay us a visit we're not literally sitting ducks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 30, 2014, 09:49:16 am »

So that when suddenly someone decides to pay us a visit we're not literally sitting ducks.
Two things.
1. Why would they be automatically hostile?
2. I mean IC. What would possess our people to waste good wood on obstructing their movement?
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 30, 2014, 09:51:20 am »

I assume that we're building the palisades to keep out wild animals more than anything else. So said defences would be more of a giant fence than an wall.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 30, 2014, 09:54:10 am »

What kind of wild animals? Big predators have never been mentioned (not that they harass villages with any frequency), and small pests wouldn't be stopped by a fence and only slowed by a wall.
Sig

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 30, 2014, 09:57:08 am »

What kind of wild animals? Big predators have never been mentioned (not that they harass villages with any frequency), and small pests wouldn't be stopped by a fence and only slowed by a wall.

*shrug* No idea. Makes more sense than building defences for people we haven't met yet though.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 16