Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24923 times)

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: ONIONS FOR THE ONION GOD
« Reply #90 on: January 28, 2014, 04:30:23 pm »

((Because Islam stopped the wars, while we Christians proceeded to have holy wars for a few centuries after.
And because Christians as a whole are kinda snobbish. Hell, look at where we think we are in the world.))
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 28, 2014, 04:35:32 pm »

((I'm in agreement for stopping the religious conversation, but I need to point out, Seriously GWG, what the hell? besides the ER thread, what is your problem with christianity? Besides that point, I may seem contradicting, but Islam has way more examples of "We make war because our god said." Not through improper communication, which was what hapened with christianity, but because it is in the Quran.))
((Honestly? The main reason is that I know a hell of a lot more Biblical trivia than...Quranical? Is that a word? I don't know as much about Islam, is what I'm trying to say. If I knew enough about Islam to not look like an idiot, and could quote specific Quran passages and verses to support my point, I'd be more likely to "criticize" Islam. Relatedly, very few people know much about the Quran, so any pokes I made at it would go over pretty much everyone's heads. Well, except the Muslims, of course.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 28, 2014, 04:39:13 pm »

((Because Islam stopped the wars, while we Christians proceeded to have holy wars for a few centuries after.
And because Christians as a whole are kinda snobbish. Hell, look at where we think we are in the world.))

((We could continue this discussion in PM, if you want me to answer that. I don't really want to clog this anymore.))

((I'm in agreement for stopping the religious conversation, but I need to point out, Seriously GWG, what the hell? besides the ER thread, what is your problem with christianity? Besides that point, I may seem contradicting, but Islam has way more examples of "We make war because our god said." Not through improper communication, which was what hapened with christianity, but because it is in the Quran.))
((Honestly? The main reason is that I know a hell of a lot more Biblical trivia than...Quranical? Is that a word? I don't know as much about Islam, is what I'm trying to say. If I knew enough about Islam to not look like an idiot, and could quote specific Quran passages and verses to support my point, I'd be more likely to "criticize" Islam. Relatedly, very few people know much about the Quran, so any pokes I made at it would go over pretty much everyone's heads. Well, except the Muslims, of course.))

((That... Makes sense. But still, why the need to criticize in the first place? Anyway, refer to the above for continuation of conversation, lets go back to a place where Onions are the only religion :P.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 28, 2014, 04:41:28 pm »

On a side note, that website isn't really neutral. Pretty sure it has an agenda.

And don't go to PM, make a thread in general discussion. Will be interesting, and let's see how long that last.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: January 28, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »

((To answer Whitius's question: Because some people take the bits of the Bible they know altogether too seriously without knowing what the rest of it says.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 28, 2014, 04:43:37 pm »

ONIONS. BACK TO THE ONION GOD. LEY US HAVE AN UPDATE.
Highly Opinionated Fool

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 28, 2014, 04:46:13 pm »

ONIONS. BACK TO THE ONION GOD. LEY US HAVE AN UPDATE.

FORSOOTH, THY ONION GODS DID SAYETH "LET THERE BE PROGRESS" AND PROGRESS WAS MADE!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 28, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »

On a side note, that website isn't really neutral. Pretty sure it has an agenda.

And don't go to PM, make a thread in general discussion. Will be interesting, and let's see how long that last.

((Well... I don't think I can post that in a roleplaying forum... Hmmm..... Give me a minute.))

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 28, 2014, 04:49:21 pm »

Yup, hence why I said General Discussion.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: January 28, 2014, 04:57:47 pm »

Religion thread is up. May the Onion God have mercy upon me!

Edit:

(Moved to General Discussions as requested. Still, post whatever responses you want.)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 05:15:55 pm by WhitiusOpus »

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2014, 09:48:21 am »

OP, get toady to remove these religion posts and post an update if you can

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2014, 10:12:55 am »

OP, get toady to remove these religion posts and post an update if you can
Don't bother Toady for everything. Really, unless there's a raging flamewar you really don't need to get moderation in here.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2014, 03:07:45 pm »

GM! WE UNGRATEFUL BASTARDS NEED YOU!
Highly Opinionated Fool

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2014, 03:13:58 pm »

((If the GM doesn't post by February, I'm taking matters into my own hands!))

besides I was going to make a similar RPG to this in a week or so...
« Last Edit: January 29, 2014, 04:42:49 pm by WhitiusOpus »

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2014, 09:29:25 pm »

((Alright, OOC text time. First off, I think someone wanted to know about the winters. They're there, but they're mild enough that they're not a big deal. Think the southern coast of the united states if you want a temperature to compare it to. Then, the size of the village. It takes about three days for someone to travel on foot from the top of the revealed area to the bottom of it. So it's pretty big. Buildings are not to scale of course, because then they would be difficult to see. Speaking of buildings, I'll be putting a key into one of the reserved posts once I'm done with this turn. And I don't think it's worth pestering Toady to get rid of the religious discussion. If it really offends someone though, then they can try to persuade me through a PM. Now, on to the turn!))

During these fifty years you explore to the north and east of the village, discovering many more rivers as well as a stony hill by a small forest to the north of the lake. This stone is quite useful for making tools such as axes to harvest timber with, and a small camp soon springs up around the hill in order to gather the stone. A series of stepping stones is built to cross the river to the south of the main village, and you begin farming on the other side of it as well, growing both onions and persimmons there. With your new stone axes, you are also now able to chop down trees, and a lumber camp soon springs up in the southern forest. While there's not enough sunlight there to grow onions by the river, your people set up a fishing weir to provide them with food. With this new influx of wood, the small shanties in the main village are replaced with more permanent wooden homes. You also continue to sacrifice a portion of your harvests to Oni-One in order to keep his favor.

((This map is big. Very big. 2160 x 2160 big. I highly recommend saving it so that you can use zoom and see the damn thing.))
Spoiler: Map (click to show/hide)

Unnamed Village:
Population: 800 in main village, 200 in forest camp, 200 in hill camp
Climate: Warm temperate grasslands, with a warm dense pine forest to the south
Resources: Onions, Persimmons, Fish, Prime Timber, Wood, Stone
Tools: Stone axes
Deities: Oni-One, god of the harvest
Neighbors: None! Yet...
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 16