Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24902 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: ONIONS FOR THE ONION GOD
« Reply #75 on: January 27, 2014, 07:45:51 pm »

We need to find the secret to making onion bread, so we can have sandwiches. Priorities.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 27, 2014, 07:48:30 pm »

I just want cows, potatoes and carrots for the corned beef meals...
Mmmmm... Corned beef... potatoes... onions... Tomatoes! We need tomatoes!
And LEEKS!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 27, 2014, 09:21:55 pm »

form religion of war Jesus, who gains power from war
Seriously what?

You know what is a good core? Promising everyone eternal afterlife happiness if they subscribe to our religious system, which of course will be intertwined with the government.
Works. Hey, it worked for I'm going to get in trouble if I finish this sentence.

We need to find the secret to making onion bread, so we can have sandwiches. Priorities.
You would need to make onion flour, which would be problematic as onion seeds aren't exactly grain material.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 27, 2014, 11:29:47 pm »

((This'll be back up tomorrow, or maybe the day after. Got a couple of meetings to attend as well as my regular slew of homework right now.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2014, 01:42:19 am »

This is literally the best forum game I could think of, so much ptw

Also try exploring a bit north through the plains going along the river, maybe erect a few winter hunting shacks.
If possible, begin construction of wooden houses in the settlement. If not, do these:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2014, 08:09:39 am »

Is there even "winter" around here?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: A Suggestion Game
« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2014, 08:21:41 am »

After innumerable years of wandering, your yet unnamed band has finally settled down. Your new home is on a warm and flat grassland by the sea, with fertile soils thanks to a river running in the southern bit of the small area which your people have explored. Sparse patches of fir and oak trees dot the landscape, and hardy wild onions grow in abundance. Settling down comes with drawbacks however, the most worrying of which right now is that hunting and gathering is no longer an option. You'll need to work out some sort of sustainable food source to feed yourselves, and perhaps some sort of shelter as well to protect you from the winter freezes, and more importantly, the storms and floods that ravage the land in the summer.

Apparently so.

Ashsaber

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2014, 11:49:34 am »

I'm pretty sure there are religions that existed that justified their national conquerings with "because our god said so" outside of Christanity.

Considering the daily nourishment is onions, why not worship Choppy, the god of ninjas chopping onions?

Concerning winter-
There's been 100 winters so far. Pretty sure everyone suddenly freezing to death is not on the schedule.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2014, 01:12:48 pm »

I'm pretty sure there are religions that existed that justified their national conquerings with "because our god said so" outside of Christanity.
And how many of those are both household names, and have that fact moderately well-known?
Sig

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2014, 02:40:13 pm »

Well, early Islam and Judaism did.

But they had neighbors.We have none. Lets go and hold off on a war god untill we can have a war, allright?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Lukeinator

• Bay Watcher
  • Kophey
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 28, 2014, 03:10:05 pm »

But they had neighbors.We have none. Lets go and hold off on a war god untill we can have a war, allright?
I agree. Also, PTW
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135480.0 My second FOOTBLEED game.
This thread is Bay12 incarnate.

Like the mermaid bones farm and the Kill-your-baby machine.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 28, 2014, 03:45:59 pm »

Judaism less so. From what I've heard, out of the "major" religions today it seems the least interested in converting people. (Coincidentally, it is also the smallest.)
Sig

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 28, 2014, 03:49:10 pm »

That's just because of the czars.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 28, 2014, 04:19:31 pm »

Can we stop the religion derail right now please?
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 28, 2014, 04:27:11 pm »

((I'm in agreement for stopping the religious conversation, but I need to point out, Seriously GWG, what the hell? besides the ER thread, what is your problem with christianity? Besides that point, I may seem contradicting, but Islam has way more examples of "We make war because our god said." Not through improper communication, which was what hapened with christianity, but because it is in the Quran.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 16