Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16

Author Topic: Civilization Simulator 2014: The big dirt nap for the big dirt map?  (Read 24844 times)

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
Re: Civilization Simulator 2014: IT LIVES!
« Reply #210 on: March 04, 2014, 02:55:19 am »

Everything is in the details, you know. Tell me what crops you like, and you might find them.
Would you like an in-depth analysis of why such a request is silly, or would you like me to just request that we look for some kind of easily- and profitably-plantable crop?
Preferably one that could be found in the local environment, but yes. It's lots easier for me if you guys do the thinking.

tryrar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: March 04, 2014, 06:45:50 am »

....if we have marshes, then I'd see if we can find some wild rice or something. More generally though, what GWG said
This fort really does sit on the event horizon of madness and catastrophe
No. I suppose there are similarities, but I'm fairly certain angry birds doesn't let me charge into a battalion of knights with a car made of circular saws.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: March 04, 2014, 09:27:56 am »

ebbor, just roll for what crops could be in our general environment. Those will most likely be (because of our current crop findings) Wild Rices, Mangoes, Squashes and Gourds, etc.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: March 04, 2014, 09:38:02 am »

Everything is in the details, you know. Tell me what crops you like, and you might find them.
Would you like an in-depth analysis of why such a request is silly, or would you like me to just request that we look for some kind of easily- and profitably-plantable crop?
Preferably one that could be found in the local environment, but yes. It's lots easier for me if you guys do the thinking.
...Yes to which?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: March 04, 2014, 10:05:11 am »

The latter, duh. Your personal food preferences are not that relevant.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: March 04, 2014, 10:30:07 am »

Alright.

I would like to suggest that our civilization looks for and domesticates whatever easily- and profitably-growable plants they can locate in their region.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: March 04, 2014, 10:47:35 am »

Any specific ideas?

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:25 am »

ebbor, just roll for what crops could be in our general environment. Those will most likely be (because of our current crop findings) Wild Rices, Mangoes, Squashes and Gourds, etc.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: March 04, 2014, 11:00:34 am »

Thanks, that's actual useful information.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: March 04, 2014, 11:14:57 am »

Any specific ideas?
I'm not sure what area of the world this is supposed to be "like," so I don't know.

Remember: Despite the similarity of the Great Plains, the Fertile Crescent, and parts of South America and Africa, one of those got wheat, one of those got corn, and the other two didn't get any grains. (The Incas didn't live in the plainsy parts of South America.)
Sig

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: March 04, 2014, 11:27:38 am »

GWG, you don't need a lesson in agriculture to assume what types of crops grow with Persimmons and Onions. This is characteristic of the "Fertile Crescent", as Persimmons don't grow in very many other areas.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: March 04, 2014, 12:51:37 pm »

...assuming this was the real world.
Which for all we know it isn't.

Best to be on the safe side, IMHO.
Sig

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 10, 2014, 09:59:02 am »

1 Month Bump.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 10, 2014, 10:56:24 am »

I agree. Did ebbor say he was going to take over, then ditched this? I almost forgot about it, but I want it to live.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 10, 2014, 12:00:39 pm »

I agree. Did ebbor say he was going to take over, then ditched this? I almost forgot about it, but I want it to live.
I said I might take over, but that there was no guarantee I could do this in a permanent and consequent manner. Situation Turned out to be worse than I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16