Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Have YOU used the Buddy List?

Yes.
- 14 (18.9%)
No.
- 27 (36.5%)
I had no idea it existed until I read this.
- 33 (44.6%)

Total Members Voted: 73

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]

Author Topic: Has anybody actually used the Buddy List feature on this forum?  (Read 8098 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Has anybody actually used the Buddy List feature on this forum?
« Reply #105 on: January 22, 2014, 09:41:29 pm »

... yeah, little late, but I'd probably advocate against a new thread, as well. Boss Toad's mentioned more than once if a thread is spun off specifically to isolate a single argument, it's probably better that it not happen and the either the argument be dropped or the originating thread be locked, possibly both.

Which, Ele-P, you could do the locking bit >_>

Well, I thought this thread might have a bit of discussion left. The debate seems to have died, so I don't see a reason to lock the thread.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 22, 2014, 09:45:47 pm »

I don't really see why a forum would need a friends function, since the postings are semi-permanent.

It doesn't have the same immediacy that say, an I'M or IRC session has, and so I don't really see the benefit to knowing that somebody else is on. That they come here is enough.

I suppose that if you were looking for somebody in particular, seeing their name at the "users currently online" list would be helpful before sending a PM about something in particular, but otherwise?

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:06 am »

We could make Bay12 degenerate into a Facebook for psychopaths...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 23, 2014, 07:01:55 am »

We could make Bay12 degenerate into a Facebook for psychopaths...

make

it

so

* LordSlowpoke starts counting the watchlists and runs out of space in a 32 bit integer
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]