Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 221616 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 4
« Reply #1410 on: March 17, 2014, 08:15:29 am »

TheWetSheep:
Toaster: If your wincon is to eat a sandwich or something, why are you trying so hard to lynch summoners?

Also, how does a cult make any sense at all with the flavour?

Who else would I lynch?  Nerjin said the "town" (whatever that is) wincon is my backup wincon, so I might as well go for that just in case.  I surmise that it summoners instead of evil people that is the "town" wincon.

Two responses to that.  First, I'd argue that it doesn't have to make sense for there to be a cult.  Second, look at the day start post:

In the center of the room sits Mr. Ansteras, the Robot Janitor, chanting in some forgotten tongue. [[Ohus Robosarusus theus Celestialus Bloomus, comeus tous usus soonus. Ohus Robosarusus theus Celestialus Bloomus...]] and so on and so forth for several minutes. Finally recognizing the class coming in Mr. Ansteras smiles wide causing lava to splash over his ceremonial robes which somehow remain unfirey.

"Hello children. It is a wonderful day is it not!? Robosaurus, the Celestial Bloom, is close. I can feel it in my circuitry. He'll save us! Just you watch. Dr. Nerjin disagrees but I know it to be true in my heart. Soon... Soon SOON! HAHAHA!" The Normally calm and suave Mr. Ansteras seems to be overjoyed at the prospect. Still none of you, openly, worship Robosaurus, the Celestial Bloom, so you decide to simply get back to your normal school day of not learning a damn thing and playing a game instead.

I see cult-y flavor!

I do agree with 4maskwolf being the best lynch unless someone can give me a damned good reason why.  I still have no idea why anyone would want to lynch Leafsnail over Ranger- unless you're scumbuddies, but there's an awful lot of people to have as scumbuddies.

Unless he's the cult leader, of course.

That sounds a lot like Jim Groovester...  :P

I think that's Toady, actually.  It's in someone's Meph's sig.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1411 on: March 17, 2014, 08:16:29 am »

Since I should probably say why a bit better, I agree with Sheep's logic in the post of his I quoted.

4maskwolf: Any reason we shouldn't lynch you for having the ability to kill people and a giant fire spell of unknown effect? It sounds like the kind of thing that would be bad for everyone else - a kill-everything sort of thing? Your information about it is kind of scattered around- could you explain everything you know clearly and concisely please?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1412 on: March 17, 2014, 08:23:36 am »

Meh. Lynch me if you will. Even though I'm leaving the game after tonight.

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1413 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:42 am »

Alright, case settled!

Now can we lynch Leafsnail please?
!!!

I guess we just, like Tiru said, vote Leafsnail at this point.
!!!

No, we should not lynch Leafsnail. We should lynch the person with the potential to kill us all.

There is someone who has claimed he can kill people and has a giant fire spell of "unknown effect" that will happen at day end. SK + Doomspeaker(for this day's end, no less) is definitely someone we want to kill.

Why are you taking everything 4maskwolf says at face value?

TheWetSheep

• Bay Watcher
  • water covering (entire sheep)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1414 on: March 17, 2014, 09:42:42 am »

4maskwolf:
Hello Sheepy.  May I call you Sheepy?
Because I use my abilities judiciously.  I do not throw kills around lightly.
Dunno about the invincibility.
Brace yourselves is a reference to my big fire spell that some people knew about already.
You can call me whatever you want.

What about kills that you have no control over - like the massive one at day end?

Toaster:
TheWetSheep:
Toaster: If your wincon is to eat a sandwich or something, why are you trying so hard to lynch summoners?

Also, how does a cult make any sense at all with the flavour?

Who else would I lynch?  Nerjin said the "town" (whatever that is) wincon is my backup wincon, so I might as well go for that just in case.  I surmise that it summoners instead of evil people that is the "town" wincon.
I suppose. Do you think that TDS's flip means the summoners are the evil people?

Two responses to that.  First, I'd argue that it doesn't have to make sense for there to be a cult.  Second, look at the day start post:

In the center of the room sits Mr. Ansteras, the Robot Janitor, chanting in some forgotten tongue. [[Ohus Robosarusus theus Celestialus Bloomus, comeus tous usus soonus. Ohus Robosarusus theus Celestialus Bloomus...]] and so on and so forth for several minutes. Finally recognizing the class coming in Mr. Ansteras smiles wide causing lava to splash over his ceremonial robes which somehow remain unfirey.

"Hello children. It is a wonderful day is it not!? Robosaurus, the Celestial Bloom, is close. I can feel it in my circuitry. He'll save us! Just you watch. Dr. Nerjin disagrees but I know it to be true in my heart. Soon... Soon SOON! HAHAHA!" The Normally calm and suave Mr. Ansteras seems to be overjoyed at the prospect. Still none of you, openly, worship Robosaurus, the Celestial Bloom, so you decide to simply get back to your normal school day of not learning a damn thing and playing a game instead.

I see cult-y flavor!
Good point.

That excerpt makes me wonder if there's a correlation between Robosaurus the Celestial Bloom and meteor-stopping angels?

I do agree with 4maskwolf being the best lynch unless someone can give me a damned good reason why.  I still have no idea why anyone would want to lynch Leafsnail over Ranger- unless you're scumbuddies, but there's an awful lot of people to have as scumbuddies.
To verify that evil = summoner, I suppose.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1415 on: March 17, 2014, 12:11:24 pm »

I suppose. Do you think that TDS's flip means the summoners are the evil people?

I see cult-y flavor!
Good point.

That excerpt makes me wonder if there's a correlation between Robosaurus the Celestial Bloom and meteor-stopping angels?
[/quote]*reads Vectoria's first story*
Well..I guess that conclusion could be drawn as such.

And about the 4mask incident, I just find it weird that he'd be...claiming it all, only for it to go down straight against him. We've pushed until his limit on the knowledge there, and the fear of something unknown is pretty much...a bad thing in itself. Leads to bad conditions and conclusions.
Because I really doubt that 4mask would just go off, and directly claim the timing, sense and state of how he's going to do stuff, unless it's a well-made plan. A telegraphed bomb?
For bragging rights?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1416 on: March 17, 2014, 02:37:03 pm »

The reason that I'm not voting for 4mask?

Because I could take him out myself if I really wanted too, I have MOWE's sword, remember? I can almost guarantee that summoning a massive conflagration on someone would count as a hostile action, which means that if I found 4mask to be too dangerous to keep alive, I could murder his face with extreme prejudice.
So I don't need to vote him, because as long as I have this sword, I'm kinda above the law as far as it goes towards people threatening us. That said, I don't really feel the need right now to do that, because I don't feel like it warrants that right now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1417 on: March 17, 2014, 02:47:24 pm »

Does said sword prevent the hostile action toward you?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1418 on: March 17, 2014, 02:48:17 pm »

Does said sword prevent the hostile action toward you?
I doesn't say so, but I imagine that it is prioritized to go before the hostile action.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1419 on: March 17, 2014, 03:09:32 pm »

That's a dangerous assumption to make.

The traditional Paranoid Gun Owner role (kills anyone who actions them) does not actually prevent the action itself- even if fatal.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1420 on: March 17, 2014, 04:07:11 pm »

I would like to restate, for those of you who might not have caught it, that editing posts will result in an INSTANT modkill unless you PM me first.

Furthermore being overly aggressive or outright mean will result in a warning, followed by a modkill.

Just keep that in mind.

Vote count + Story when I get home.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1421 on: March 17, 2014, 08:35:47 pm »

In the meantime, let us return to our regularly scheduled programming of "should we lynch the fire guy".

And Nerjin, I know that was directed at me.  The second part.  My apologies.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1422 on: March 17, 2014, 08:37:59 pm »

4maskwolf:
Hello Sheepy.  May I call you Sheepy?
Because I use my abilities judiciously.  I do not throw kills around lightly.
Dunno about the invincibility.
Brace yourselves is a reference to my big fire spell that some people knew about already.
You can call me whatever you want.

What about kills that you have no control over - like the massive one at day end?
Sheepy: You are making the jump to concluding that my fire is hostile.  In many cultures, fire was/is purifying, ritual fire purifying the body and soul.

Just food for thought.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1423 on: March 17, 2014, 08:39:31 pm »

That's a dangerous assumption to make.

The traditional Paranoid Gun Owner role (kills anyone who actions them) does not actually prevent the action itself- even if fatal.
Or, you know, that's only one person who gets KO'd if I'm guarded every night.

Just sayin.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1424 on: March 17, 2014, 08:39:58 pm »

And by guarded I mean "have a big pointed stick held over my head".
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 112