Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 221390 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Slction
« Reply #870 on: February 01, 2014, 10:59:32 pm »

You guys wish to shorten yet we don't even have a votecount set up.

Nice. >_>

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: February 01, 2014, 11:13:30 pm »

I'll be honest, then, Tiruin: I don't understand any of the points you're making.  My previous post was an honest attempt to work them out, so if they were wrong then I have no idea what you're saying.

Can you summarize your argument in like one clear paragraph rather than making dozens and dozens of vague unsupported suggestions?

In any case I think it's pretty obvious that possibility of conversions => don't let obvious scum live for any amount of time.  You say we can wait until tomorrow when NQT has said it's ok for him to die, but by then he could have switched his role over to someone else (advanced doppelganger type role) or converted someone (cult leader type role).  I think both of those are much more likely than the possibility that NQT actually has some ultra specific day one anti-jester (with secret knowledge that scum do not know but would gain a huge advantage from knowing) role.

Or your wincon is to eliminate NQT.
But can you explain why I get the idea that scum can get people out? Meaning: Prevent them from GOING TO SCHOOL?
I cast doubt on both of your cases-to be exact, but I choose to believe the probably hilarious lesser-evil that NQT, is actually evil scum.
This seems to be the core of your argument.  But I don't understand how this is an argument and not just a naked assertion.

No, my win condition is not to eliminate NQT.  Think about it: that would actually make no sense given NQT's claim.  He's saying that he can't be lynched due to an ultra-secret reason that the scum cannot be allowed to know.  If the secret was that "scum will win if they eliminate me" then there'd be no reason not to say so - the scum already know.  Or if you're saying that it's my win condition but I wasn't told it that doesn't make sense either - how could a townie know more about the scum win condition than scum?  Wouldn't NQT be prepared to claim his knowledge to help save his life in that case?

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: February 01, 2014, 11:15:19 pm »

You guys wish to shorten yet we don't even have a votecount set up.

Nice. >_>
I had not thought of this. Thank you.
Unshorten, until the votecount.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: February 01, 2014, 11:22:56 pm »

First, I had (and still have) a case against Cado. However, Mastah convinced me to postpone it for a day while he check Cado tonight.

Second, what is your reasoning behind NQT being less scummy than others?

Third, I'm pretty sure that evil people aren't all scum, being an evil person myself. Just because I'm evil does not mean I would destroy the world.

Fourth, I currently have less interaction with them for two reasons: First, they tend to post at different times than me (not always true), and second, they have not posted that much today. Also, I don't see that much interaction between you and NQT; you seem to be defending him without a good reason.

Fifth, as LS has been pointing out, it is questionable if NQT could be town if he knows something that no one else seems to, since that makes him an informed minority. He seems to know something vitally important for the town right now, but that doesn't make much sense, considering that he has no special abilities other than being confirmed "Not Evil".

Sixth, he certainly seems scummy to me. He might not be an enemy of everyone else, but I'm pretty sure he's at least a jester. Can you think of a reason that he would claim the things he has if he were town?

Seventh, the point of what the mods do here is to be puzzling and misleading. NQT being confirmed Not Evil without confirming "Not Evil" as town is somewhat suspicious. When combined with the other evidence, it does not make him seem good at all.

Eighth, here are some links for you:

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135628.msg4968073#msg4968073

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=135628.msg4967601#msg4967601

PPE: Leafsnail: Currently, I prefer Tiruin's post style because it makes it easy to respond to individual points. I agree that it can be annoying to read, though.

PPE #2: As far as I can tell, it's 4 votes NQT vs 3 votes LS and then one for for Cado. You'll have to go through and figure out who made those votes, though; it's getting really late here and I'm not sure I can do it without mistakes.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 01, 2014, 11:59:58 pm »

PFP Posting in brevity
I skimmed, coming back to this soon.

@Leafsnail: The matters are that how you made your case against NQT made the whole day into a turntable game. You out him as scum--however I have ideas to contradict otherwise. That, and scum can nightkill (hinted in context by 'healing after an attack occurs in that ability I gave to Mr. Cheese). I could say you're lying-given that there's a direct game mechanic to these 'moral abstract concepts' of Evil and such, but I could also say that the Mafia team does not directly know each other and does not, really, have a quicktopic.

Will get back to this.

@TDS:
First, I had (and still have) a case against Cado. However, Mastah convinced me to postpone it for a day while he check Cado tonight.
...That Cado is actually really telling the truth and lynching him just confirms it? Yeah I don't see Cado being silly enough to lie enough in that context.

Fourth, I currently have less interaction with them for two reasons: First, they tend to post at different times than me (not always true), and second, they have not posted that much today. Also, I don't see that much interaction between you and NQT; you seem to be defending him without a good reason.
Such compelling reasons.
Counterpoint:
> Timezones.
> I post at different times than everyone else. And I can still pick them out of the box to speak to. The first point seems trivial, but bleh. The second: They posted before. Them not posting today =/= not being able to talk to them.

< I did speak to NQT. He didn't reply much--you say defending without good reason; you do not expound on it.

Second, what is your reasoning behind NQT being less scummy than others?
*sighs*
I will direct you to LS' posts. Then NQT's posts. You tell me more about them. What do you think about Leafsnail?
You miss that question a lot-even when it was said out as an 'everyone' notice.

> Ont hose links: I do like 20 questions, and yeah-the scummiest detail I pick from NQT is he's not answering much, however I defend him with the use of Occam's Razor. If an Innocent Child can be scum, then how bastardly is it to insert a mechanic that designs the whole matter into moral terminology? Yeah, he got the note of 'townie' in his PM. But the fact is-he's saying it publicly.

Anyone want to fathom Why NQT is doing what he's doing? Because judging from the subtle shift in the second link-you shift to assume malevolence in NQT. The questioning, I've no say on it because in truth-NQT is really playing not-good.
I mean, I did better even when cornered by everyone else in Paranormal [/yeah...]
Still. Point being: It isn't that I believe NQT is town-it is that I believe Leafsnail is a better darn lynch in knowing what in the world this is all about than NQT.

That, and you forwarded the notion that 'hey, lynch Leafsnail or me-you find out we're telling the truth'.
Pretty subtle note on people telling the truth. The appeal did not go well with my scrutiny, however.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: February 02, 2014, 12:09:48 am »

Next:

Fifth, as LS has been pointing out, it is questionable if NQT could be town if he knows something that no one else seems to, since that makes him an informed minority. He seems to know something vitally important for the town right now, but that doesn't make much sense, considering that he has no special abilities other than being confirmed "Not Evil".
He fears not to tell it because of the mafia. And, quote, "it will benefit team evil more than team good", or..paraphrased.

And I agree. I'm content with what knowledge I have now-despite it swimming in a pool of vagueness-as what we've gained today is more of a holistic read on everyone else.

That makes more sense than anything else, don't you agree? You don't seem to bring it up here at all. Just cutting off the meat rather than the fat.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #876 on: February 02, 2014, 12:48:18 am »

Here's your vote count now let me enjoy my weekend.

Vote Count
------------------------
4maskwolf -
Caz - Hapah,
Hapah -
HissihnWalnuts -
(Extend Used) Leafsnail - Tiruin, RangerCado,
makeinu -
mastahcheese -
MyOwnWorstEnemy -
notquitethere - Leafsnail, Caz, makeinu,
(Extend Used) RangerCado - Toaster, notquitethere, MyOwnWorstEnemy,
TheDarkStar -
(Extend Used) Tiruin -
Toaster -
No Lynch - mastahcheese,

Not Voting - HissihnWalnuts, TheDarkStar, 4maskwolf,

7 To Hammer. Day Ends Monday 9 PM Central.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: February 02, 2014, 01:06:09 am »

Reading back with everything between Leafsnail and NQT, I feel NQT is the better lynch target. Unvote for now but i'm going to go digging a bit more.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: February 02, 2014, 01:22:49 am »

EBWOP

Reading back with everything between Leafsnail and NQT, I feel NQT is the better lynch target. Unvote for now but i'm going to go digging a bit more.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: February 02, 2014, 04:03:43 pm »

Next:

He fears not to tell it because of the mafia. And, quote, "it will benefit team evil more than team good", or..paraphrased.

And I agree. I'm content with what knowledge I have now-despite it swimming in a pool of vagueness-as what we've gained today is more of a holistic read on everyone else.

That makes more sense than anything else, don't you agree? You don't seem to bring it up here at all. Just cutting off the meat rather than the fat.

Can you think of anything that a non-scum player would know that would be both time dependent and help the scum if they found out about it, BUT still need to be mentioned?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: February 02, 2014, 04:09:15 pm »

Next:

Can you think of anything that a non-scum player would know that would be both time dependent and help the scum if they found out about it, BUT still need to be mentioned?

Also, I'll answer your other questions later in a bit, once I have a response written.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 02, 2014, 06:05:44 pm »

DarkStar
I'm glad that you can't think of it, it shows I haven't revealed too much yet.

Mr Badict, is moral instruction in the curriculum? Also, can I go home, sir?  I'm definitely not feeling very well.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 02, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »

DarkStar
I'm glad that you can't think of it, it shows I haven't revealed too much yet.

Mr Badict, is moral instruction in the curriculum? Also, can I go home, sir?  I'm definitely not feeling very well.
...You -did- answer everything I asked you, right?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 02, 2014, 10:58:22 pm »

@Leafsnail: The matters are that how you made your case against NQT made the whole day into a turntable game. You out him as scum--however I have ideas to contradict otherwise. That, and scum can nightkill (hinted in context by 'healing after an attack occurs in that ability I gave to Mr. Cheese). I could say you're lying-given that there's a direct game mechanic to these 'moral abstract concepts' of Evil and such, but I could also say that the Mafia team does not directly know each other and does not, really, have a quicktopic.
I still don't see how any of this remotely constitutes a case against me.  Your first point seems to be "You called NQT scum, but I think NQT is town".  Ok, why do you think NQT is town (in spite of the fact that his claim makes absolutely no sense)?  Why does NQT being town make me scum?

Your "scum can nightkill" point is incredibly weak.  Even non-bastard games can have useless roles (eg, the presence of a Mafia Ninja does not guarantee that the town has a tracker), and even if we assume "roles have to be useful" it doesn't follow that evil people can kill or that NQT cannot convert people.  The protection could protect someone from an advanced doppelganger attack, for instance.  But even if we accept that scum can nightkill I don't see how that changes anything.

I do not understand your last point at all.  How do you know there's a "direct game mechanic to these 'moral abstract concepts' of Evil and such", and how does that contradict what I've said?  The second part of that sentence seems to just be echoing what I've claimed so I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Again, I simply cannot grasp what you are saying due to the way you're structuring your arguments.  Can you please summarize it in the form:

Point: A clear explanation of what you're accusing me of, and why it makes me scum or a better lynch candidate than NQT
Explanation: The reasoning and evidence that leads up to the accusation you make in the Point section

As it is all I can see is a jumbled mix of points and evidence with no supporting argumentation.  I can't respond to it without guessing what your argument is, and since I clearly can't do that accurately I need you to make your logic clearer.

> Ont hose links: I do like 20 questions, and yeah-the scummiest detail I pick from NQT is he's not answering much, however I defend him with the use of Occam's Razor. If an Innocent Child can be scum, then how bastardly is it to insert a mechanic that designs the whole matter into moral terminology? Yeah, he got the note of 'townie' in his PM. But the fact is-he's saying it publicly.
I find the use of Occam's Razor interesting.  Our options:
- NQT has an ultra-complicated town role which has incredibly important knowledge that would cause catastrophic damage if it fell into the scum's hands, but this is only true on day one for no apparent reason.  Also if his role is lynched on day one it would also be catastrophic for town, but this wouldn't be the case on day two.  These two things aren't actually linked because apparently the information falling into scum's hands could be worse than NQT being lynched.
- NQT is scum and is desperately trying to buy himself time because being lynched would make him lose
The first requires a bunch of strange assumptions and thus loses to Occam's razor.

Apart from it would mean his role is a lot more complicated than mine (and, as far as I can tell, a lot more complicated than anyone else who has claimed), and I find that extremely suspicious.  Again, look up old bastard games like Bellsounder - townies had roles that could be described in a single sentence, the scum had a role that required several paragraphs and a fair bit of back-and-forth with the mod to explain.  I really don't buy that there'd be one townie with a far more complicated role than everyone else.

Yes, making an apparent confirmed townie scum is a bastard twist.  No, it is not outside the stated rules of this bastard game: all webadict promised was that he wouldn't lie, not that he wouldn't be misleading.  He never said "NQT is town" or "you are looking for evil players" or "NQT is not a good person to lynch" or "All people who are 'not-evil' have the same alignment" (in fact by calling NQT Good I think he basically said the opposite - that multiple subsets within the not-evil group exist, and also that any other Good player should expect to be told they're Good, like NQT was).

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 02, 2014, 11:20:08 pm »

So it seems that attempts at a multi-vote wind up as a no-lynch vote. I'll keep that in mind for if any future vote shenanigans crop up.

Unvote for now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 112