Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 221700 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #435 on: January 27, 2014, 06:56:40 pm »

Am I actually voting for myself in addition to NQT?

leafsnail/TDS: How are you Evil?
I'm as evil as any other teenager.

Everyone but teachers and other faculty: Do you have an item?
I don't want to divulge role information unless we're having a general massclaim, and I'm not convinced a massclaim will be a good idea at all.  webadict generally prepares scum countermeasures for day one massclaims.

Also People who are claiming Evil: Leafsnail, TDS: do you guys have a night kill? Can you confirm that the other is also evil through role knowledge?
I don't, and no.

Webadict: What percentage of teenagers are evil?
Everyone knows all teenagers are evil.
So, everyone claiming not evil other than webadict and Nerjin... what's up with you?  I guess this must be a 12/13 year old class?

Does Anyone Actually Have A Wincon?
I don't, but I'm pretty sure you do. You were calling yourself a Confirmed Townie earlier, right? How can you say that if you don't know your wincon?
I can say that because that's what it says in my role PM. What it doesn't say is 'and you win when such and such a condition is met'.
"Townie" has a generally understood win condition attached to it, though: eliminate all scum.  In other words, you are the only player who knows their win condition.  That is insanely suspicious because it implies you have far more information than any of the rest of us, and "informed minority" is basically the definition of scum.

Incidentally, in Bellsounder the bastard scum (me) was the only player who knew their win condition.

Could you guys detail your background?
I won't unless there's a general massclaim.

I have no special relationship with the mechanics other than being declared by Wuba to be Not Evil.
And also being the only person to be given an alignment that actually has meaning in a game of mafia.  That's pretty big too.

Everyone:  Building on what Makeinu said above, if you see something that could be a wincon in your flavor, does it appear an item could solve it for you?  If you have an item, does its description imply someone else in particular might want it?
Kinda, but I'm not sure if I can see an item solving it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 27, 2014, 06:59:38 pm »

'Tain't proof o' nothin' such.

That vote board matches the one from the Lurker Tracker only in that they both have letters.

Could you post what the lurkertracker says, for comparison?

Since I had the lurker tracker up, I did this:

4maskwolf:
Caz: Hapah
Hapah:
HinninhWalnuts:
Leafsnail: makeinu
makeinu:
Mastahcheese: Toaster
MyOwnWorstEnemy: RangerCado
NotQuiteThere: Tiruin, Leafsnail
RangerCado:
TheDarkStar: TheDarkStar
Tiruin:
Toaster:

Dr. Nerjin: NotQuiteThere (this will probably end badly)
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 27, 2014, 07:03:32 pm »

Maybe the items are the key?  Each item has to find its way to a certain player?

Everyone:  Building on what Makeinu said above, if you see something that could be a wincon in your flavor, does it appear an item could solve it for you?  If you have an item, does its description imply someone else in particular might want it?

That likely isn't the case, as some players have reported not having an artifact and nobody has reported having more than one.

Everyone but teachers and other faculty: Do you have an item?
I don't want to divulge role information unless we're having a general massclaim, and I'm not convinced a massclaim will be a good idea at all.  webadict generally prepares scum countermeasures for day one massclaims.
I wasn't asking for role information, I was asking for presence or absence of one.  You answered the evil question readily enough, and this one was just as vague.

PPE:
TDS: Thank you for that data.

It appears that either Makeinu has an ability that disguises his votes or that Leafsnail has an ability that says that he always votes for himself but nobody else can.  I'm leaning towards the first option, or an item of Makeinu's that does the same.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 27, 2014, 07:07:07 pm »

Tiruin
Next: No you didn't mention her being rich at all beforehand.
Darkstar revealed that I'd won the election through bribery (for which one generally needs to be fairly wealthy). It's not a significant detail.

Let me just skim the thought of 'flavor matters'. Try to announce what what happens to the one that is voted roleflips, and returns the next day.
Okay, just to humour you:

Ranger Cado is hereby stripped of all their magic and expelled from the school on account of conspiring to bring about a meteor and generally being Evil. (Sorry Ranger, it's not personal. Just because I think you're a bad guy doesn't mean I think you're a bad guy.)

Toaster
In any case, NQT, I meant more detail on your specific "NQT is town" ability, not the role.
There is no detail: I am town and publicly confirmed as such. That is my ability.

Is there something you particularly want?

Everyone Else You probably have an implicit wincon. I think Leafsnail's probably right that my goal is to see off the scum. That seems to be either the meteor summoners or the evil students or both. Maybe that's your goal too? I think we should hedge our bets and get rid of Ranger Cado (though Darkstar might not be a bad idea as he's going to give one us his vote blocking item tonight).

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 27, 2014, 07:13:33 pm »

Who should I give my item to tonight? I don't see it as all that useful, even if I give it to someone on purpose.

Also, I'll FoS RangerCado in red for admitting to being a meteor summoner. I'm not sure what we need to do, but it's the only thing we've learned so far. I just hope he isn't a jester that kills us all upon death.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 27, 2014, 07:15:53 pm »

Wondered if anyone else was paying attention.

PPE:
TDS: Thank you for that data.

It appears that either Makeinu has an ability that disguises his votes or that Leafsnail has an ability that says that he always votes for himself but nobody else can.  I'm leaning towards the first option, or an item of Makeinu's that does the same.

Ooooorrrrrr, as more likely, that Wuba made a (deliberate?) mistake. Because your speculation about me is incorrect.

I note that the vote board has already been edited as well. More "not lying 100%" :P

Further, TDS not showing up on the vote board doesn't prove his item. There are other explanations that conceivably fit as well, such as self-voting is not allowed. For example.

PPE: FoS isn't in red. Votes are.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 27, 2014, 07:18:23 pm »

I know that, but my item won't let me vote. If it makes you that happy, RangerCado. I'm just saying that I'd probably vote for him if I could.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 27, 2014, 07:19:11 pm »

It was modified... And LeafSnail doesn't have any votes...
What... The... Hell...

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: January 27, 2014, 07:20:10 pm »

I know that, but my item won't let me vote. If it makes you that happy, RangerCado. I'm just saying that I'd probably vote for him if I could.

No, leave it as a vote. I'm more curious to see what happens.
In 2142, We made the Regenabots. They made us immortal. Now the year is 2165. Too many humans, and not nearly enough to go around. What have we done? Join this dark world today.

The Starcrash. A global disaster that destroyed our homeworld. The AI Council tries to hold us together. But some of us won't be kept in line. We are the Free Captains. We are Star Pirates.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 27, 2014, 07:23:52 pm »

Notice that I didn't unvote.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 27, 2014, 07:25:32 pm »

Leafsnail. nothing personal, testing a theory.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 27, 2014, 07:27:25 pm »

PFP

Has anyone tried to take the gun off the desk?
Also, that he'd lecture me for not calling it a revolver.

Apparently you're not the only one who doesn't understand that insulting my favorite firearm by calling it anything less than its actual name is a bad idea. Too bad I have literally no direct power. BUT I will be sending the two of you required reading on the differences of Revolvers from other firearms.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

makeinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 27, 2014, 07:30:16 pm »

Notice that I didn't unvote.

I noticed, but we don't know how literal our teacher is. I mean, is he literally a teacher? Or figuratively?

PPE:

Nerjin: Would you prefer we called it a rubber soul?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: January 27, 2014, 07:34:10 pm »

I wasn't asking for role information, I was asking for presence or absence of one.  You answered the evil question readily enough, and this one was just as vague.
There's a possibility that the scum has an item stealing ability, in that case telling them who has items could be a bad idea.  I don't see what's to be gained by just claiming whether we have items or not, we should do a full claim if we're doing anything on that front.

Everyone Else You probably have an implicit wincon. I think Leafsnail's probably right that my goal is to see off the scum. That seems to be either the meteor summoners or the evil students or both.
Or literally every player who isn't you.  That seems most likely to me.

Maybe that's your goal too? I think we should hedge our bets and get rid of Ranger Cado (though Darkstar might not be a bad idea as he's going to give one us his vote blocking item tonight).
By "one of us" you mean "me, the bastard scum with an infinity vote ability" right?

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: January 27, 2014, 07:34:45 pm »

Nerjin: Would you prefer we called it a rubber soul?

I prefer the term explosive bow.

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 112