Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 112

Author Topic: Smster W/ Love - Game Over  (Read 221605 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - Day 1 - Class Selection
« Reply #405 on: January 27, 2014, 12:24:37 pm »

Over 250 posts between my thread checkings.  Good God you people are wordy.

4mask:
Toaster: To be defensive was not my intent.  My sole intent was to divine Tiruin's intent in questioning me, which was promptly answered.

Fair enough.

MastahCheese missed giving me a question, if I read his post correctly.

Why do you care?

Or, you know, third party.  Because a third party could just as legitimately ask this question as a scum. Or town without a clear win condition.  This is a bastard mod.

So I take it you're third party?  Good to know.  What kind?  What is your wincon?

Mastahcheese:
Toaster
I have nothing to say to you.

Then why did you address me?

Well, the inquisitor is kill-happy, because he doesn't follow your frelling rules.
I'm not actually sure as to what "lynching" will do in this game.
I'd wager Dr. Nerjin's gun was not left here by accident.
...I had not thought of that.

You don't think a gun on the desk right there where we can get it is relevant?

Ok, I know pretty much nothing of bastard games, so I'm going to put that bit aside for now as this seems to be overcomplicating things way too much for me right now.

What I can see:
1. Way too much arguments over good/not-evil/evil/mafia/not-mafia/town/third party/people who want to eat our livers.
2. Leafsnail trying to openly murder a confirmed townie.
3. Webadict being totally useless, actually, counter productive in terms of explaining the game.

Those are the biggest things I see going on right now, so I'm voting Leafsnail for openly attempting to murder a confirmed townie/not-evil/good/person who doesn't want to eat my liver.

You vote really starts to stink when you say you're not going to take the time to understand the case he's making.

Makeinu:
Makeinu:  What would you do to someone you think is puzzle solving too much to hunt scum?

Wait. There's a difference? I thought finding scum was the puzzle. Your question makes no sense to me...

This is at least a mild bastard mod.  That means there's a bit of something non-standard going on here.  Puzzle solving would be trying to figure that out.  Scum hunting is determining who is scum and lynching them- so mechanics versus players.  Now you should be able to answer that.

Leafsnail: why do you want to kill the only one we've got confirmation of being totally GoodTM?

I think it's pretty damned clear why he's voting him.  Did you read his posts?

meteor poisoning!!

I laughed.

Hapah:
Toaster, Leaf: What do you two make of the Good/Not Evil thing? I think I've got the right of it, but I'd value your opinions.

I think it's a red herring.  The scum team must be Evil, and therefore everyone else is Not Evil.  There *may* be a distinction between simply Not Evil and actually Good (IE third parties) but I don't think the flavor surrounding it is relevant.

Tiruin:
> While talking about Angelic beings (is quite awesome), it doesn't seem to be drawing any kind of related data just like asking someone in a regular mafia game 'what's your favorite color and flavor of ice cream'. Hence why I ask you guys to please put pertinent questions along with what you're currently asking.

What's your favorite color of ice cream?

Guys, ideas on Massclaim?

Too early, as of yet.  It should probably happen sooner than typical, though.

Walnuts:
Watch as the only town is the guy who's been confirmed town.

This implies you are, in fact, not town.  Is this correct?

NQT:  Since your ability is pretty obvious, can you give us more detail?  Flavor, rolename, anything you care to claim?  I won't begrudge you if you don't want to give out rolename though.

• Are you evil?
  • Do you have a wincon?
  • Did you summon the meteorite?

1. No.
2. No.  Maybe.  There's a line in my flavor that on first glance looked like flavor, but upon discarding assumptions, may actually be a wincon, though it's not stated as such.  I've PMed Web for clarification, since PM role questions tend to yield more relevant responses than in-thread questions.
3. No.

1: Yes I was told i'm Evil.
2: No I do not have a wincon.
3: I did take part in summoning the meteor, though it was out of a hate for not finding love. Also, my meteor item was just stolen so... yeah.

Do you know who else did?  Who are they?  Is NQT in that list?

Can you (or anyone) unsummon the meteor?  What does the item do?

Was your item stolen during the day or before the game started?

WUBA:

• Are you evil?
1. No.

So much for no lying!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 27, 2014, 12:41:17 pm »

Hapah
No No(Not explicitly stated, anyway) No

(I guess that first question is serious? I'm just getting into LS's "Evil maybe didn't summon the meteor" bit around page 20)
Yes, it's a serious question. we've now discovered the three evil players: Leafsnail, Darkstar and Ranger, only Ranger claims to have summoned a meteor.

Ranger
1: Yes I was told i'm Evil.
2: No I do not have a wincon.
3: I did take part in summoning the meteor, though it was out of a hate for not finding love. Also, my meteor item was just stolen so... yeah.
Do you know who your co-conspirators are? Do you know if there's anything we can do to stop the meteor? Do you know anything about the theft and possible motivations for it? Will evicting/hanging/punishing you help us in any way? Do you have a night kill? Do you have a private chat channel? (Sorry for all the questions!)

MOWE
NQT: Did you bribe our lovely teacher to overlook your Evil status?
No. I think I bribed my fellow students to vote for me, but I'm definitely Not Evil. According to Wuba, 23% of the population is Evil (3/13) and we now know exactly who those three students are: Leafsnail, Darkstar and Ranger.

Toaster
NQT:  Since your ability is pretty obvious, can you give us more detail?  Flavor, rolename, anything you care to claim?  I won't begrudge you if you don't want to give out rolename though.
Everyone already knows everything about my role: I'm Class President, an ambitious young lady that rose to power through her possession of deep pockets. My role power is an automatic ability, that I'm confirmed Good by the mod and that's all.

I've PMed Web for clarification, since PM role questions tend to yield more relevant responses than in-thread questions.
I wish that were the case when I asked him about my lack of win condition...

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 27, 2014, 12:43:37 pm »

Caz, by process of elimination, you're a Non-Evil Meteor Summoner or at least two other players have lied.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 27, 2014, 01:09:07 pm »

-snip-
Ok, NQT- I really doubt you've missed my note of you dictating the lynch. As in, really. I've said that much...many times. You didn't say anything about it, at all.
Ever.
I'm seriously suspecting you've a tie-in with those mechanics.
Since you've said neither hair nor tail about it despite my constant poking.
Note 1.
Note 2.
I believe in #2...you saw that post. And the question.

I am happy that the meteor..exists. Yeah. Sincerely happy.
Why? Did you summon it?
Nope! I've noticed among those 'evil' students (...in media res, truly. Those backgrounds don't say they're evil), they "like" the meteor. And know it has been summoned.

As for my background claim...Erh. I was serious when I meant I can't glean anything from it.

"I want to be a normal but no, I'm stuck with you guys. Practicin' my magic. I'm a mage. It sucks. Being skilled in magic and bookery makes me look nerdy. [I am somehow attracted to beards. Because beards >_>]. [Stuff about ability being an 'at least you can do x']"
So yeah. I got nuffin'. Not even a wincon or a clue. :v

You've got to realise that every time you post I have to sit down and work out exactly what you're trying to say. I'd want to search the voted students for signs of them taking part in the Meteor Summoning, and maybe expel them from school.
NQT: Is this your order for those being "lynched" or voted upon? Expulsion? Subtle~
Dear me, lessen the severity for experimental's sake.

The mods have been deliberately vague in public over whether Not Evil is the same as Town and whether these are even relevant terms in the game.
If A = B and B = C then C = A?
:I
It's somewhat the same thing--yet we don't know why we're evil or not labeled evil. You're Good/Not Evil, yet you're evading my note on you being able to be the decider over the votes.
I mentioned that. Twice now.

I don't know what point your referring to. Hopefully your questions are sufficiently answered now. Do you think it's better to vote Not Evil over Evil then?
I have no idea, sincerely. I do not, however, see the benefit of voting 'Evil' people considering they're being darn honest and gutsy to even claim evil. Next-YOU have the decision over the end-vote! I don't believe you've forgotten that?
Or perhaps are ignoring me questioning you about that-wherein I ask: Why, NQT?

The flavour indicates that we should be looking for the meteor summoners, so we should probably scumhunt the summoners. Why are you voting for me?
...You totally missed it, didn't you.
If we are scumhunting the 'summoners', why do you have nothing to say to TDS? He's Evil--you've said many things to Leafsnail, too, but not to TDS.

I mean your poke is poking at LS who is poking at you, for 'attacking town'. Now, query my beliefs here but I'm in favor of following his ideas after thorough scrutiny of what's present.
I also mean, you get the ending decision, don't you?

As an added note: Warmnumnum.exe sounds a lot like warm food. Warm numnum? xD

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:09 pm »

....Leafsnail, TDS and Cado all claimed Evil.

Could you guys detail your background?

I have silly thoughts about this but they don't make sense despite making sense. >_>

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 27, 2014, 01:14:05 pm »

Toaster
Everyone already knows everything about my role: I'm Class President, an ambitious young lady that rose to power through her possession of deep pockets. My role power is an automatic ability, that I'm confirmed Good by the mod and that's all.
Deep...pockets?
Reword please? Trouble with metaphors here.

Tiruin:
> While talking about Angelic beings (is quite awesome), it doesn't seem to be drawing any kind of related data just like asking someone in a regular mafia game 'what's your favorite color and flavor of ice cream'. Hence why I ask you guys to please put pertinent questions along with what you're currently asking.

What's your favorite color of ice cream?
:I
Cookies.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 27, 2014, 01:16:14 pm »

Cookies is not a color!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 27, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »

PFP

Tir: Deep Pockets = Lots of Money.
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 27, 2014, 01:20:21 pm »

PFP

Tir: Deep Pockets = Lots of Money.
...?
So..
That implies a lot and is too general! Dx
That means NQT bribed her way here!
Or, we're actually a subtle class of business institution. Or like cash.
Toaster
And no, I didn't know that everything about your role. Where did you get that idea?

Cookies is not a color!
Pink vanilla cookie ice cream. :I

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 27, 2014, 01:28:52 pm »

Oh Tiruin I already told you in my first post of this game that this isn't a Kingmaker game. I honestly didn't think you still thought I had the deciding vote. To speak clearly and unambiguously: I do not have any special vote powers. It isn't just my vote that counts. I have no special relationship with the mechanics other than being declared by Wuba to be Not Evil.

My character is very rich (her pockets are deep enough to hold all her money). 'Expulsion' in British English at least, is when a kid is permanently kicked out of school, or 'expelled'. It's a pretty mild punishment for destruction of the Earth.

I am waiting to see whether my vote for Nerjin is counted before I start making any fresh cases against anyone, Deathstar or otherwise.

I should have said 'Everyone that has been paying attention knows everything about my role'.

Wuba please give us a vote count!

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 27, 2014, 01:45:51 pm »

My character is very rich (her pockets are deep enough to hold all her money). 'Expulsion' in British English at least, is when a kid is permanently kicked out of school, or 'expelled'. It's a pretty mild punishment for destruction of the Earth.
That's...the same meaning I thought of when I typed about it.

Next: No you didn't mention her being rich at all beforehand.

I am waiting to see whether my vote for Nerjin is counted before I start making any fresh cases against anyone, Deathstar or otherwise.
In which we all catch up to the thread, except for the mods. :I

I should have said 'Everyone that has been paying attention knows everything about my role'.
*points at searchengine*
No. Note.

Oh Tiruin I already told you in my first post of this game that this isn't a Kingmaker game. I honestly didn't think you still thought I had the deciding vote. To speak clearly and unambiguously: I do not have any special vote powers. It isn't just my vote that counts. I have no special relationship with the mechanics other than being declared by Wuba to be Not Evil.
Let me just skim the thought of 'flavor matters'. Try to announce what what happens to the one that is voted roleflips, and returns the next day.
Pretty strange mechanic but were totally grasping at nothing right now. We have no idea what to do--OTHER than 'find meteor summonah'.
Wherein said people...claimed. I mean, sans Caz, its like a full claim (Evil/Not Evil terms..).

Also you said you've a passive ability, though. The orange part is in question since we don't know if flavor does matter, or whatelse does.
..And most of us don't even have a wincon (assumed or implied-what is the wincon is 'remove meteor summoner' but that's also vague. The best possible idea is for you to announce what happens to the lynched/most voted and for us to target those who had claimed meteor summoner to test the most logical hypothesis.)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Smstr W / Love : A Lovely End Of The World - FULL - Setting Up...
« Reply #416 on: January 27, 2014, 03:22:40 pm »

Webadict: What percentage of teenagers are evil?
Everyone knows all teenagers are evil.

Guys, ideas on Massclaim?
I feel this unfairly impacts the fatter students.

Mr. Wub Badict: how many incidences of students dying have occurs in the school recently?
I'm pretty sure the school made me sign something.

I am happy that the meteor..exists. Yeah. Sincerely happy.
? Weirdo.

Mr. Badict: When in the past did any kind of external force (ie objects not of our world) hit our planet and cause a detrimental effect? As in, focusing on rock-objects that burn up in the sky. Like, meteors. How big were they?
((Yes this can be inferred answered by the before-example of 'Meteor = bad' but this is history.))
There's probably been a few. But, I don't think any of them has destroyed the planet before.

Also, calm down, it was the weekend before. I'll get your vote count soon.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 27, 2014, 03:26:23 pm »

2. No.  Maybe.  There's a line in my flavor that on first glance looked like flavor, but upon discarding assumptions, may actually be a wincon, though it's not stated as such.  I've PMed Web for clarification, since PM role questions tend to yield more relevant responses than in-thread questions.

For the record, WUBA was extremely unhelpful in clarifying this.

In any case, NQT, I meant more detail on your specific "NQT is town" ability, not the role.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 27, 2014, 03:27:21 pm »

Mr. Badict: If you tell me an insulting joke you can put me in the replacement list.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 27, 2014, 03:49:57 pm »

Mr. Badict: If you tell me an insulting joke you can put me in the replacement list.
Nobody wants to hear about your life.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 112