Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42

Author Topic: [DFHack] Roses' Script Collection Updated 5/4/15  (Read 124094 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Spells official v1.0
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2014, 02:13:08 am »

That's awesome, I needed 5 inorganics, 3 interactions and one script to make a tiered combat buff.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2014, 06:08:12 am »

That's awesome, I needed 5 inorganics, 3 interactions and one script to make a tiered combat buff.
You are funny. :P I had 141 inorganics and 140 interactions, just as many reactions, tools and script entries (announcements) for the combat buffs from the biology system in Dwarf mode. Which I just deleted, because I didnt like the way it worked out.

Edit: Roses, I made this with your script. A good example of the fake-sub-menu I mentioned.

New Decoration Workshops:
 - Patch of Grass, Decorational Socket and Red Carpet - Center. These are free and all civs have access to them.

The workshops have several reactions. These reactions transform the building into another one, changing how it looks. These reactions are also free. See the picture below for examples. All the changes can be unmade. Patches of grass that you used to plant a tree can be turned back into grass. Sockets that display a statue or swords can be made into empty sockets again. And carpets can be re-aligned as often as you like. This makes the workshop menu much less cluttered, but allows more decorations to be made, while making the process easier, because you can alter them after you build them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: Put the images in spoilers. Should have done that in the first place.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 05:42:41 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2014, 03:13:14 pm »

Very nice! Glad the scripts are being used. Honestly I only wrote the upgrade building script because I wanted to be able to control access to different levels of golems with the "same" building. Never imagined all the fun stuff you could do with it.

I have to say, I have always liked your building example images. Do you have a special script or something that makes it easy, or is it a lot of screen shots and paint work?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2014, 05:42:12 pm »

Its the workshop designer. I screenshot it and crop the pic. I have to do this anyway, because I have a cropped image of every workshop in the mod in my manuals... so its no extra work. But I seem to be one of the few modders who spends so much time on presentation. I think its important, otherwise people just look at a wall of text.

I dont think I will do the re-aligning of normal workshops just for visuals sake, but your script allows for more than just building upgrades, as you see. :) But speaking of those, I should probably do some. I dont know if you have seen the pics yet, but I made 3 design studies for the planned humans. I want to make good use of the upgrade option.

It also helps me to visualize what I am doing. Stamping out 50 or so workshops for a civ, and its easy to create redundant features. This way I have a clear image.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2014, 06:08:01 pm »

Yeah, I think the presentation is very nice. And it definately works well in the manual. I am putting together a manual of my own (it's actually for a different game, but will also be used for my mod), so I am thinking how I want to portray buildings and I like your style.

Well with just those changes you go from 25 workshops -> 3 workshops. Lots less clutter in the building menu.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 08, 2014, 12:27:47 am »

So I have been working on my to-do list, and have got most of the requests from Meph and others done (namely timed item and building changes, and an ability to use the upgradeitem/upgradebuilding scripts in an interaction instead of just reactions). But before I upload these changes I have started playing with something else that was talked about before, namely "removing" vanilla buildings. So I just wanted to throw out some ideas/proof of concept to see if anyone would be interested in the system.

As an example I used the string dump modifier to change the name Metalsmith's Forge to Weaponsmith's Forge. I then created a script that changed the vanilla buildings to the custom building Weaponsmith's Forge, and only put weapon creation reactions attached to the custom building. In addition to the weapon creation reactions I also put an upgrade weaponsmith reaction, which changed the custom building to Advanced Weaponsmith's Forge, and finally Master Weaponsmith's Forge.

What this let me do, is add all of the weapons to my entity as [PERMITTED_WEAPON:blah:UNCOMMON], but restrict which weapons could actually be crafted behind a research system that requires upgrading the buildings (I was thinking you could even have a Foreign Weaponsmith's Forge or some sort where you learn to craft weapons from different civs).

Really this whole process is only particularly useful in allowing you to have non "Foreign" items and weapons, but still construct them just like normal. Right now it is kind of hacky (as in I don't have a nice script written for it, it is just my other scripts hacked together), but if it is something people might be interested in I could turn it into a nice automated thing. If people are interested let me know.

And as for the to-do list, sometime this week I will upload the new versions, the major change will be that you are able to add another SYN_CLASS which specifies duration of the change, for both buildings and items. And the ability to change things with interactions (also, the ability to change materials with reactions, as it is only possible with interactions now). What I haven't started yet is the ability to copy an item, that will be next on the list.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #216 on: June 08, 2014, 04:36:58 am »

Stupid question: Can this be used to make a copy of an item somehow? What I mean is this: Reaction calls for "any weapon" and some metal. The "any weapon" is preserved, and the product is a copy of said weapon, using the metal as material. Its not strictly speaking an upgrade, but it might be easy to change the script slightly to allow this. It would be nice for foreign items that invaders drop. Retro-engineer tech of other civs. :) Sorry to add more to your todo list, but it just came to mind.
Any chance this works now?

The vanilla building removal is nice, I think everyone who does total conversion will love it. :)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 08, 2014, 08:23:32 am »

It's next on my list, should be pretty easy to set up. I'm thinking the reactions will look something like this;

Code: [Select]
[REACTION:LUA_HOOK_COPY_WEAPON]
[NAME:create duplicate weapon]
[BUILDING:WEAPONSMITH:NONE]
[REAGENT:A:1:WEAPON:NONE:NONE:NONE][PRESERVE_REAGENT]
[REAGENT:B:150:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:INORGANIC:NONE] <- Second reagent will always be what the new item will be made of
[REAGENT:C:1500:COIN:NONE:INORGANIC:SILVER] <- Any other reagents used won't effect the created item
[PRODUCT:100:1:BOULDER:NONE:INORGANIC:LEVEL_STONE] <- If you want it to give experience

Similarly I am going to create another script that lets you improve items (i.e. change the quality).

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Spells official v1.1
« Reply #218 on: June 08, 2014, 10:28:31 pm »

So I have trugged through a bit on my todo list and figured I would throw up an update.

First off I have to say sorry, I switched the names of some of the scripts in order to better illustrate which you need to load with the df.init, and which you can use from the command line (and therefore autosyndrome and syndrometrigger). You can see all the changes below

-Name Changes
--upgradeitem -> base_upgradeitem
--upgradebuilding -> base_upgradebuilding
--teleportbase -> base_teleport
--countersbase -> base_counters

-New Scripts
--base_copyitem - Allows for copying of one or more items using reactions
--base_improveitem - Allows for changing quality of one or more items using reactions
--base_imbueitem - Allows for changing of materials of one or more items using reactions
--improveitem - Allows for changing quality of one or more items using interactions
--upgradeitem - Allows for upgrading one or more items using interactions

-Script Changes
--base_upgradeitem - Now also accepts a duration for the upgrade
--base_upgradebuilding - Now also accepts a duration for the upgrade

For those interested I have also included my todo (in no particular order) list below.

Plans for future scripts/changes:

teleport.lua
-New type, liquid

changebody.lua
-New type, material
-New type, size
-New type, thickness

wrapper.lua
-Add LOS check

createitem.lua
-New location, inventory

changeboolean.lua
-Figure out the crashes

base_counters.lua
-Add kill counter
-Track Megabeast kills
-Track Semi-Megabeast kills

upgradebuilding.lua
-Create interaction based changing of buildings

base_upgradebuilding.lua
-Remove contained items after duration check?

addsyndrome.lua
-Allow for more than one syndrome on each inorganic, and pick amongst them

base_vanillachange.lua
-Create option for removing vanilla buildings

As always, please let me know about any bugs, or any suggestions.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 14, 2014, 06:37:01 pm »

An idea for a building I've been toying with;

The Bazaar

A building that every month (or year, or season, or whatever) changes to a new building randomly selected out of a user generated list. That way you could have the goods available for "trade" (reaction really) be semi-random and always changing. You could even make your list like

BAZAAR_COMMON
BAZAAR_COMMON
BAZAAR_COMMON
BAZAAR_UNCOMMON
BAZAAR_UNCOMMON
BAZAAR_RARE

so that it is more likely to be one set of items available instead of another.

This would allow the building to act as a merchants stall type building for "wandering merchants"

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2014, 06:40:38 pm »

Thats pretty awesome. If you need raws for that, I am more than willing to write them, because this fits pretty well with my neutral trade-based humans I want to do.

There is one issue I can think of: A dwarf is doing a reaction, and suddenly the bazaar under them changes to another version without that reaction. What would happen? Reaction automatically canceled, Reaction completes sucessfully, or game crashes?

Btw, I have been converting more and more of my workshops to your upgrade-system. Libraries and magic altars, kobold tents and lodges... I find it really useful. :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 14, 2014, 07:26:16 pm »

There is one issue I can think of: A dwarf is doing a reaction, and suddenly the bazaar under them changes to another version without that reaction. What would happen? Reaction automatically canceled, Reaction completes sucessfully, or game crashes?

Canceled: building not available, if I were to guess, same as if it were to be deconstructed.

A better idea: don't give reactions at such buildings skills :V

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #222 on: June 14, 2014, 08:35:38 pm »

Roses: OMG, I had the most awesome idea. At least I like to thing of it as one. (yeah for narcisism, but anyway)

Outside-only building, called "Tree Hamlet" or anything else elvish/nature-like. Changes with the seasons. Gets different abilities in spring, summer, autumn and winter. Summer gives high-yield, spring/autumn low-yield, winter version has no reactions at all.

If I make enough of those, I can make an entire civ (lets say elves) that have production facilities in summer, but have to wait out the winter.  :)

"Elves face a siege:"
"In summer: Lets summon 999 animals from all around, turn the trees and nature itself against them. Win."
"In winter: Got damn it, where did all the animals go? And the trees are frozen. God damn it, its cold. Lose."

Edit: Also full-moon, new-moon, once-a-year, summer-solstice, winter-solstice, and similar important dates.
Edit2: As long as the counter doesnt get completely confused when you save/reload a game. ^^
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 09:01:45 pm by Meph »

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 14, 2014, 09:04:08 pm »

Edit2: As long as the counter doesnt get completely confused when you save/reload a game. ^^

That is currently the only issue stopping this from being a reality. I'm not sure of a good way to handle save/reload.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #224 on: June 14, 2014, 09:09:09 pm »

Maybe ask IndigoFenix. He has the crazy gnomish time machine, and saves his druidism value in between saving/loading.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 42