Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: [DFHack] Roses' Script Collection Updated 5/4/15  (Read 124052 times)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DFHack Spells *New Scripts incoming soon!*
« Reply #150 on: May 10, 2014, 10:30:46 pm »

That does seem like a good general purpose tool. I'll probably write it as an lua script. It would get too complicated with multiple syndromes attached to the same components, multiple targets, etc and I don't want to remove support for that.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #151 on: May 11, 2014, 05:01:44 am »

Roses, nice suggestion. :)

Expwnent: Sorry, I havent tested the cancellation thing in a long time. I will let you know once i am back modding. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: May 11, 2014, 09:10:48 am »

After thinking about it, I think it would work better if the reaction automatically reproduces or preserves the reagents, and the script destroys them if it gets applied.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 11, 2014, 02:50:22 pm »

Functionally they would be the same, so which ever is easiest to implement.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #154 on: May 12, 2014, 08:38:01 am »

Tiny difference in XP gain of the worker though. ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 12, 2014, 11:55:45 am »

Tiny difference in XP gain of the worker though. ;)

PRESERVE_REAGENT affects XP gain? Interesting.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #156 on: May 13, 2014, 07:01:52 am »

Only in so far that no new products are created and no xp are ever given. I encountered that problem with the spatter-add plugin. My poisoners would coat weapobs, anmo and traps, but never gain Xp. (adding a product to these reactions makes spatter-add crash the game btw)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: May 13, 2014, 10:37:11 am »

Neat.

Just so you know, the main reason I wanted to have it as a script is that whatever can be done using the plugin as is should be. It's designed to be a general purpose tool, and it would be redundant to make changes to it that don't actually increase what it can do. That would just increase the complexity of it and make it harder to learn how to use it correctly. I think it would be easier to make the lua script delete items than create items, because item deletion is easier than item creation. From a raw modder's perspective, it's mostly equivalent, but it's a better design this way from a dfhacker's perspective.

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: May 19, 2014, 11:26:03 pm »

Sorry I have not uploaded my new scripts and example interactions. Been busy trying to conduct a large office move and haven't had any time for DF. Luckily I will be doing a lot of flying soon and I won't be able to access internet, so it will be a perfect time to finalize some DF stuff before I release it. Hopefully some time next week I will have a group of fully updated scripts, and a bunch of interactions that use them as examples (currently making class based interactions for the various races in my mod, i.e. Orc Warlord, Drow Priest, Human Paladin, etc...)

One script that I just finished that I am enjoying is my upgradeBuilding script. It allows you to change one building into another, and so to change your reactions available. Currently I am using it for my golem workshop, it starts out being able to create Lesser Golems, then after upgrading the workshop (to a building that your Dwarfs can't naturally build) you can make normal Golems, then after another upgrade you can make Greater Golems. This allows for multiple tiers of reactions, within a single building. The only caveat is that the buildings must be the same size. It's possible that I might allow for different size buildings in the future, but for now, it is just much easier to handle same size buildings.

Another script that I am currently toying with is the ability to upgrade items. This will take an item and turn it into an upgraded version (with the same quality and material). Currently this is possible using just vanilla reactions, but the quality factor is re-rolled, and so it doesn't really make sense for mass use. The goal will be to use very basic reactions that will allow upgrading while tracking quality. Similarly, it may be possible to create a reaction that doesn't upgrade an item, but instead just raises its quality. (It is very possible, the question is can it be made suitably generic so that a different reaction doesn't need to be made for each type of item).

I am, of course, always accepting new ideas for scripts. I have become quite fond of finding ways to use DFHack to manipulate DF and produce varying different results. Especially ones that can be used to further the interactions system. (I recently had an idea to add a Geomancer class, that, depending on the tile the unit was one, a different reaction happened, i.e. the Geomancer is standing on a sand tile so he casts sand storm, another Geomancer is standing on a silver vein so he casts silver spike, or the Geomancer is standing on granite so they cast granite boulder. So many different things can be done!)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #159 on: May 20, 2014, 01:48:07 am »

UpgradeBuildings.

*Meph is speechless. Meph has been struck down by thoughts of possible uses.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: May 25, 2014, 10:44:22 am »

Do you know what I'd like? A plugin that gives creatures a 'mana' amount, based on their willpower and intellect. Say for each 200 points of willpower/intellect, they get 20 mana or something, and then you assign each interaction a mana cost that uses that much mana per use. It regenerates based on their intellect/willpower too, and creatures that go.. Maybe less than 50 mana, (or another number based on their intellect/willpower) they get knocked unconscious for a while, till they fully regen all their mana, and if they hit zero they insta die. They'll never use interactions that would put them below 50, (or whatever) unless near death, and then we could give other creatures interactions that could actively drain mana from nearby creatures or whatever. It would add a whole new element to play :)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: May 25, 2014, 11:48:57 am »

There's ridiculous problems with figuring out who's done interactions.

EDIT: Though of course self-only interactions with syndromes that temporarily add the ability to use an interaction and also drains mana could work.
Why didn't I think of that...

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: May 25, 2014, 01:17:44 pm »

EDIT: Though of course self-only interactions with syndromes that temporarily add the ability to use an interaction and also drains mana could work.
Well, if you've the time I'd appreciate if you could make something like this ;)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #163 on: May 26, 2014, 06:56:50 am »

Well, if you've the time I'd appreciate if you could make something like this ;)
It is possible, though I would assume that a dfhack script would be easier than a ridiculus large amount of interlocking interactions (?)

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 26, 2014, 10:43:30 pm »

It is possible, though I would assume that a dfhack script would be easier than a ridiculus large amount of interlocking interactions (?)

It's something expwnent is looking into, although with the relative difficulty it has proven an elusive task (for me at least, it is possible expwnent will be able to make short work of it, but its not something I would expect any time soon).

Once we can accurately and consistently determine the user of an interaction, it shouldn't be too hard to implement a mana system using persistent variables. It would be a bitch to balance correctly though...
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42