Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: A Thread of Death and Destruction ~Part -1: The Invasion~  (Read 10084 times)

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread of Death and Destruction ~Part -1: The Invasion~
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2014, 05:18:43 pm »

"Farrago, would you be so kind as to identify this for me?" *present Farrago with the anklet* ((Realized Farrago isn't on this plane))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 05:28:47 pm by Delioth »
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2014, 05:21:50 pm »

"Farrago, would you be so kind as to identify this for me?" *present Farrago with the anklet*
He's on a different plane right now.

(If that took one of his lives even though it was a backup, wouldn't there be no npcs because they don't have 6 lives? :P))
It's a little known fact, but NPCs are like the Daedra in the Elder Scrolls.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Thread of Death and Destruction ~Part 0: The Questening~
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2014, 05:23:28 pm »

Well... we defeated the centaur!

Farrago looks around, attempting to discern his location, while cross-referencing his observations with his knowledge of the planes.
Taking a 10 on Knowledge (Planes) gives 35.
You find yourself on the Elemental Plane of Fire, about six hours northwest of the City of Brass. There should be a natural rift in the planar boundaries about two hours due north. A concentrated pocket of planar energy should pass through the area in around three hours.
Atune Form. I'm assuming that Farrago saw the chicken catastrophe, so he heads for the City of Brass, but not before activating Invisibility and taking a 20 on Search to try and find the crystal (27), while being VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH IT.
The crystal is floating in your hand. You got out before the chickening, and therefore are both alive and not aware of it.
In that case, I cast Identify on it, because I don't trust these mages. After, I head off to the portal in the north.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2014, 05:25:49 pm »

Farrago looks around, attempting to discern his location, while cross-referencing his observations with his knowledge of the planes.
You find yourself on the Elemental Plane of Fire, about six hours northwest of the City of Brass. There should be a natural rift in the planar boundaries about two hours due north. A concentrated pocket of planar energy should pass through the area in around three hours.
Atune Form. I'm assuming that Farrago saw the chicken catastrophe, so he heads for the City of Brass, but not before activating Invisibility and taking a 20 on Search to try and find the crystal (27), while being VERY CAREFUL NOT TO TOUCH IT.
The crystal is floating in your hand. You got out before the chickening, and therefore are both alive and not aware of it.
In that case, I cast Identify on it, because I don't trust these mages. After, I head off to the portal in the north.
How can you perform the necessary ritual on the elemental plane of fire? Besides the fact that you don't appear to have brought any material spell components.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2014, 05:28:48 pm »

How can you perform the necessary ritual on the elemental plane of fire?
That's a very good question, and one you would not have needed to ask if I had read the description of Identify before attempting to cast that spell. So Farrago simply heads to the portal.

Delioth

• Bay Watcher
  • Mass Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2014, 05:30:37 pm »

Poke my Anklet.

"Sylen, can you determine what the effects of this anklet are?" If he can't, ask the mages what it does politely.
Help us write a story!
We're currently setting the scene and world- characters, civilizations, flora/fauna, cities, places, anything setting!
Products of my Boredom (Old)
Quote from: Shawtay
Delioth, you sir, are a wonderful, wonderful person.
When in doubt, Apply Magma

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2014, 08:28:42 pm »

I head off to buy a Wand of Identify.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2014, 04:51:31 pm »

Farrago continues marching towards the portal, swearing under his breath at the mages.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 04, 2014, 10:03:18 am »

Farago makes his way out of the elemental plane of fire without incident. He finds himself high in the upper atmosphere, a short distance from Castle Name.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 04, 2014, 12:35:23 pm »

"Well. This is unfortunate."

Farago casts Overland Flight, flying down to Castle Name. Once there, he buys the ingredients for Identify and casts it on the gem thing.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 04, 2014, 12:38:10 pm »

You discover that the gem works as a random Plane Shift once per day on the first being to touch it. It also has a simple levitation spell, to prevent accidental activation.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2014, 01:40:48 pm »

Find the mages that gave me the gem, and ask why they did not cast Identify on it to start with.

Edit: After, use up my Cure ____ Wounds spells, rest for the night, recover my spells, and then set out with anyone who cares to join me.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2014, 04:03:00 pm by My Name is Immaterial »

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2014, 06:49:17 pm »

The mages attempt to stall. Roll Diplomacy to find someone in charge.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2014, 07:01:42 pm »

(d20 + 13 =19) "Look, I just had to trek through the Plane of Fire, only to find myself thousands of feet above the ground, so unless you want me to start wailing like a banshee, you should get someone in charge here. Now."

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 04, 2014, 07:06:54 pm »

The mages' fears of lawsuits are awakened, and they get you an appointment with a mage representative quickly.

Mage Representative: "Of course we would not cast Identify on the artifact, sir! We created it!"
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7