Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Dagger Branch: Cold War Spy RTD [Missions in Iceland, Vietnam, and Nepal]  (Read 14922 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Dagger Branch: Cold War Spy RTD [Missions in Iceland, Vietnam, and Nepal]
« Reply #135 on: February 09, 2014, 03:52:16 pm »

Pustin is nonplussed by the lack of binocs, and decides discrepancy is not the best choice.

run into the camp, and do a sideways jump into cover while firing.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2014, 07:36:56 pm »

"There you are..."

Walk up the stairs. Technobabble go!

"Sorry, these are some beautiful Rosa berberifolia."
John eyes the man walking away, saying "There you are." under his breath. Walking past a person staring at him, (5 - Persuasion) he points back and says "Sorry, these are some beautiful Rosa berberifolia." He pursues the man up the stairs, and sees the man panicking and attempting to open the door to his room with a card. As he's attempting to shove his card into the card reader, he spots John.
"What do you want?" the man asks, with a drop of sweat running down his forehead.

Check if I'm being flanked, and proceed with the aforementioned murderating.
Bryan looks back to see if there are any of the Russians surrounding him, but only sees a dead Russian on top of a fallen down tent. Knowing that, he vaults over his cover, hearing the rattle of an AK-47. (2 vs 1) He trips and falls just behind the cover as the bullets fly through the air and into the earth beneath him. (5 vs 1) He pops up over the cover and fires off a three-round burst in the direction that the AK-47 shots came from. Just as he does, a head peeks around the corner. All three strike the Russian's head, and he drops.

((That guy I shot died, yeah?))
Sneak around. Try to see if anyone else is sneaking up behind Bryan. If they are, shoot them with my gun.
Spades runs down the hill, trying to avoid being spotted. (6) He gets there unseen, and there are no enemies here in the back. Peering around a corner, he sees Bryan fire off three shots at a building, and an enemy falls to the side. He sits back and observes, seeing an enemy pop up at cover to the right flank of Bryan.

Pustin is nonplussed by the lack of binocs, and decides discrepancy is not the best choice.

run into the camp, and do a sideways jump into cover while firing.
Pustin runs down the hill, straight into the camp, and leaps to the right into cover, firing at the enemy on Bryan's flank. (4 vs 3) A bullet catches the Russian, and while he isn't dead, he is still alive and most likely able to fight.

Spoiler: John Doe (Playergamer) (click to show/hide)

>I made you guys a crappy little tactical map of the camp. You can find it here. By the way you guys, I do actually roll little things like whether or not the man was panicking for John or whether or not Russians are popping up during turns. Also, a little side note: You guys have credit cards with infinite money. Kind of forgot to say that before, I'm going to add it to the rules though. You can lose it however, so I'm adding it to your inventories.
"This town ain't big enough for the two of us, turkey"

*gobbles menacingly*

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2014, 08:13:15 pm »

"To talk. Give me a second."

Open his door. Make sure my gun is stealthily jammed in his ribs.

"After you."
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
  • i ain't worried bout nothin
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2014, 09:43:21 pm »

Pop a cap in the injured Russian. Look for more of them if more don't show up already.
Quote from: Broteam
anything that's not shootin at what i'm shootin at becomes what i'm shootin at

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2014, 11:30:55 pm »

"To talk. Give me a second."

Open his door. Make sure my gun is stealthily jammed in his ribs.

"After you."
"To talk. Give me a second." John says, motioning for the man to walk on inside, nudging the man's ribs with the tip of his M9. (5 - Persuasion) The man gives John a defeated look, and nods his head. "After you." John says, and they both walk in. The room is extremely messy, clothes strewn here and there and rotting food left atop the tables and counters. "You should really clean up in here, my man." John says. Upon further inspection, John sees the computer at the back of the room, next to a television.

Pop a cap in the injured Russian. Look for more of them if more don't show up already.
(4 vs 3) The injured Russian at Bryan's flank puts his AK-47 over his cover and sprays inaccurately. None of the bullets find their mark, but Bryan sees a target on the Russian's head. He leaves a small part exposed, and Bryan takes the opportunity. A quick pop at the target, and the enemy is put down. Checking the street for hostiles, Bryan peeks over. None are in sight. Bryan nearly jumps, however, when he hears the sound of one of the truck's engine's starting. "They're escaping!" Bryan yells. The two trucks come into view as they drive off down the road.

>From now on I'll only update missions if all members of a mission have done an action. That doesn't count for you Playergamer, as Remuthra is inactive atm.

*gobbles menacingly*

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2014, 11:36:31 pm »

"Start talking, mate."

Listen while discreetly hacking the computer with my PDA.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2014, 12:21:05 am »

Pop off shots at the trucks' tires as they drive away. Those sorry Russian fucks ain't gettin' away that easy.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2014, 02:20:28 am »

((Do I still have my RPG?))
Shoot the trucks with my RPG if I still have it. If not, place down the C4, find somewhere where I won't be hurt by the explosion and wait there for the trucks to drive near it, and blow the C4 up. If I don't have that, jump on one of the trucks and hijack it.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2014, 01:12:54 pm »

((I love how the shaguar is just a big blue square with "Shaguar" on it.))

shoot out the tires on the fleeing trucks.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2014, 05:42:54 pm »

@Remuthra: "I said seduce, not persuade" is not an action.

"Start talking, mate."

Listen while discreetly hacking the computer with my PDA.
"Start talking, mate." John says, pointing the M9 at the man's head. (5 - Persuasion) "Okay, okay! I'll talk!" the man says quietly. "My name is Lan Sanato. I'm a technical overseer of a project in the market." he begins. Half-listening, John starts up the hacking program on his PDA. (6+1) He busts into the computer easily, gaining access to all files. "What's this project?" John asks, downloading the files and busting through security walls.

The man doesn't speak at first, but he starts up when John nudges him with the M9. "Alright, alright. It's a government program codenamed Operation Lender. The basic objective of the mission is simple: we sell weapons at the market with officials overlooking the operations and allowing it to happen. We allow people to buy the weapons, and trail them back to where they took them. We raid the location before they can even have the packages opened, and take no prisoners. This way there are no witnesses and there is no way of anyone figuring the information out." he stops and looks at John, then sighs and looks to his feet. "At least there wasn't, until you came along."

John thinks for a moment, and then asks, "Why does the Vietnamese government need the money. You're the ones with all of the money in this country."

"The proceeds don't go to us. They go to the Russians." Lan says. With a look from John, he continues. "They straight out told the Vietnamese government that if they didn't comply, they would be made a satellite state. Higher-up officials cut a deal with them, we pay them three trillion in American dollars and they don't invade."

Pop off shots at the trucks' tires as they drive away. Those sorry Russian fucks ain't gettin' away that easy.
Bryan auto fires at the truck's tires, (1+1 vs 6) and none of them even hit the truck.

Shoot the trucks with my RPG if I still have it.
(6 vs 3) Spades aims the RPG, and fires at the trucks. The one in front attempts to swerve out of the path of the rocket, but to no avail. The truck is hit on the side, and there is an explosion. The truck flips onto it's side, and the driver is killed.

shoot out the tires on the fleeing trucks.
(2 vs 2) Pustin shoots off a few rounds into the side of the truck, but it continues driving just around a bend.

>Now would probably be a good time for people to call up Lumberjack...

*gobbles menacingly*

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 14, 2014, 05:50:36 pm »

Lumberjack?
Load up another shot and fire at the last truck. If I don't have any ammo left, just shoot out the tires.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2014, 06:00:22 pm »

"Interesting... You, stay. You say anything and you're dead."

Find a secluded location. On my way out, hack the guys door so it can't be opened without prying it off it's hinges. When I make it there, ask my superior if I should continue to shut this down.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2014, 10:43:47 pm »

Lumberjack?
Load up another shot and fire at the last truck. If I don't have any ammo left, just shoot out the tires.
Information is on the front page.

*gobbles menacingly*

VinnieTheDead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2014, 11:27:33 pm »

Click on ~generic super spy headset~, contact Lumberjack.

"Lumberjack, don't lose these Russian fellers. I'll be damned if I ain't killin' em."

bsnott

• Bay Watcher
  • [LIKES_PATIOS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 16, 2014, 02:31:16 pm »

Lumberjack?
Spades grabs the final rocket for the RPG, and loads the weapon. He aims it quickly, but sees that the truck has driven around a bend. "Damn it!" he shouts.

Click on ~generic super spy headset~, contact Lumberjack.

"Lumberjack, don't lose these Russian fellers. I'll be damned if I ain't killin' em."
Bryan puts his hand to his earpiece, and clicks the input button. "Lumberjack, don't lose these Russian fellers. I'll be damned if I ain't killin' em." he says.

"Alright, we're tracking them...damn it. They've driven into a dense forest, we've lost sight on them. If I had to guess, the other camp is probably in that forest."
Lumberjack replies. "Wait...Agents, get out of there! Fifteen-plus footmobiles and light armor en route to your location!"

"Interesting... You, stay. You say anything and you're dead."

Find a secluded location. On my way out, hack the guys door so it can't be opened without prying it off it's hinges. When I make it there, ask my superior if I should continue to shut this down.
"Interesting... You, stay. You say anything and you're dead." John says, walking out the door. As he leaves, he attempts to hack the man's doorway and put extra security. Sadly, it is just a regular wooden door without any real security. He does lock it from the inside, however. He goes from the apartment building to a concealed alleyway nearby. There, he contacts Lumberjack. "Lumberjack, this is Doe." he says.

"Go ahead." Lumberjack replies.

"Should we really be continuing this mission? Neither agents Bridger or Throg have come into contact for hours."

"This mission's worth it. If Russia attacks Vietnam, we can get the smaller Asian countries on our side, out of fear of Russia." Lumberjack says.

>No skill rolls here, but there were a few deeper rolls. John, I rolled to see whether or not you'd be ambushed on your way to the spot. Bryan, you got a bad roll for a counterattack.

*gobbles menacingly*
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12