Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 52710 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2014, 07:30:19 pm »

Huh, well I'll be damned if inventories do respawn but I definitely recall having an issue with Creeper at any rate. Maybe his doesn't respawn or maybe I just visited him too frequently to ever have it respawn but for whatever reason he had a store stock that stretched on for what seemed like infinity by late game. Mostly Ordinator equipment too :P.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2014, 07:35:50 pm »

Something used to re-spawn, I clearly remember camped out on the floor of the mages guild waiting for herbs to respawn, selling stuff back to them to build up their supply levels and waiting with the "T" key or whatever. 

It didnt take a week, either, just a day.  I had a big spread of alchemical items layed out in huge stacks on the floor, because I didnt have the inventory capacity to carry it all -- or I couldnt walk away from the merchant once I had it equipped.

I dont remember if I was was exploiting it to get the items, or to make money on alchemy, or to build skills.  But I'm pretty sure that after I spent two RL days screwing with it, I decided it was a waste of time and I might as well just edit my stats if I wanted the money or skill points that badly.

I think SOME merchants never get rid of what you sell them, it might depend on the merchant type?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2014, 08:09:08 pm »

I guess to test this you might use an established save to go back to Seyda Neen and check the merchant's stock. I'm sure you sold something to him before you left. Then compare the stock to what it is when you create a new character.

Not foolproof, but it would be an easy way to tell whether staying away for weeks resets his inventory.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 20, 2014, 08:11:23 pm »

I think this is going to lead to someone breaking Morrowind in proper Bay12 fashion...
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 20, 2014, 08:44:10 pm »

I don't think Morrowind can be broken anymore than it already has been, heh, if that would be the goal of such an endeavor.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 20, 2014, 08:48:34 pm »

I punched Dogoth Ur so hard that he died.  There was no animation or event that triggers because it's not supposed to happen.  He just disappears, and the story breaks.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 20, 2014, 08:51:57 pm »

I believe the merchants Creeper and Mudcrab use their inventory to stock their store, so those items don't disappear. Normal merchants have a chest somewhere containing all of the goods that they sell which do get restocked every day (This chest may be in their house or actually located outside of the map). Items in a normal merchants inventory can't be bought, which causes the problem of selling armour to a merchant and them equipping it straight away.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 21, 2014, 12:42:12 pm »

I really hope I don't ever need anything quest related inside the Lucky Lockup in Balmora because I can't enter without the game crashing.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 21, 2014, 01:02:34 pm »

Something used to re-spawn, I clearly remember camped out on the floor of the mages guild waiting for herbs to respawn, selling stuff back to them to build up their supply levels and waiting with the "T" key or whatever. 

It didnt take a week, either, just a day.  I had a big spread of alchemical items layed out in huge stacks on the floor, because I didnt have the inventory capacity to carry it all -- or I couldnt walk away from the merchant once I had it equipped.

I dont remember if I was was exploiting it to get the items, or to make money on alchemy, or to build skills.  But I'm pretty sure that after I spent two RL days screwing with it, I decided it was a waste of time and I might as well just edit my stats if I wanted the money or skill points that badly.

I think SOME merchants never get rid of what you sell them, it might depend on the merchant type?
All merchants restock every 24 in-game hours. I don't think they get rid of what you sell to them, however.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 21, 2014, 01:19:48 pm »

I don't think Morrowind can be broken anymore than it already has been, heh, if that would be the goal of such an endeavor.

Beat the game after killing Yagrum Bagarn.

I think that speedrun may technically be doing a method for that, though...

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 21, 2014, 02:08:56 pm »

That is a pretty creative interpretation of winning, but good for you for coloring outside the lines.

Curse you people, I've been re-reading the lore since this thread came up and now I'm thinking of reinstalling.  Never did play the two expansions.

Didn't realize until reading the wiki that the major mcguffen dates back to Daggerfall.  Mind blown.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 21, 2014, 02:37:24 pm »

Feels good to brush up on Morrowind after a while.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 02:49:05 pm by da_nang »
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 21, 2014, 04:11:47 pm »

You need more command-person'd flesh slaves, looks like Balmora you're in so I think they've got the nekkid ones.. Or was that Ald-Ruhn? Otherwise, quite nice.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 21, 2014, 04:16:47 pm »

Feels good to brush up on Morrowind after a while.

Looks like you took over Caius Cosades' house.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 21, 2014, 05:12:28 pm »

You need more command-person'd flesh slaves, looks like Balmora you're in so I think they've got the nekkid ones.. Or was that Ald-Ruhn? Otherwise, quite nice.
That would be Suran. :P
Although chances are they'd be eaten instead. Must feed the wolf after all.

-snip-

Looks like you took over Caius Cosades' house.
And turned it into a fire hazard.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 25