Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind  (Read 52729 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
« Reply #105 on: January 19, 2014, 11:54:41 am »

It may not seem like much because whenever I play Morrowind I always have next to no fatigue, due to me jumping everywhere. :P
Restore Fatigue potions!

But but... I may need them during a battle, and thus forget I have them! Also, stacking all my potions in a huge pile in my house.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 19, 2014, 12:04:38 pm »

*jump jump jump* *1 hour rest* *jump jump jump* *1 hour rest.* <--- That's how I did it.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 19, 2014, 12:40:12 pm »

Bunny hop everywhere, even though I'm a cat...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 19, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »

At least until hoptoad becomes comfortably castable. Then it's less bunny hop and more Superman leap. Everywhere. Over mountains. Between mountains. Across towns. Between Vivic levels. Between Vivic districts. Everywhere. All the time.

... healing spells help. And a panic-button featherfall/levitation potion store >_>
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #109 on: January 19, 2014, 01:11:34 pm »

Oh no! The mod pack I installed told me I had to disable the Steam overlay to use it. Now I just realized, I can't take screenshots anymore! : (

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 19, 2014, 01:19:11 pm »

You still can with other methods, even good old Printscreen. Or Fraps. I think there's a setting in Morrowind.ini you can change to make the print screen key save screen shots in the morrowind folder (they'll probably be bitmaps, but that's easy to convert to something that takes less space.)

Fake-edit: Helpfully quoted from a steam forum thread:

You can use the "Print Screenshot" key to take screenshots in-game, I believe you have to enable it in the .ini file first though.To do that, just go to the folder where Morrowind is installed (which in Steam would be under Steam Apps) and find the Morrowind configuration file. Where it says "Screenshot Enable=0" change the '0' to a '1'. Now when you take screenshots in-game, they'll show up in the Morrowind folder.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #112 on: January 19, 2014, 02:14:20 pm »

New question: How would one go about joining the Thieves' Guild, if one were so inclined? Hypothetically speaking, of course. I'm... doing a research paper.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 19, 2014, 02:20:05 pm »

It's actually fairly easy. I don't quite remember how I did it, but I basically asked around in the various shady establishments in I think Balmora until someone pointed me in the right way.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 19, 2014, 02:21:54 pm »

New question: How would one go about joining the Thieves' Guild, if one were so inclined? Hypothetically speaking, of course. I'm... doing a research paper.

Drop by taverns in the major cities, usually they are called "cornerhouses" in the Imperial tradition, when they host a thieves guild.

There is also a Khajiit in the Imperial village tavern by the fields and lakes  where the Duchal mansion is (the one half-way between Seyda Neen and Balmora, forget the name): she will flirt with a male character and give you a few quests, including setting up an introduction to the thieves guild. 

Finally if you have Antares big mod, any agent  will point you to the nearest thieves' guild establishment for a fee.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #115 on: January 19, 2014, 02:28:53 pm »

Only male characters get flirted with? No love for the ladies?

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 19, 2014, 02:33:54 pm »

Balmora is the easy way right off the bat. You need to go there anyway on your first quest.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2014, 02:42:14 pm »

I've been through Balmora many times already, it just didn't occur to me that joining the Thieves' Guild might be useful until just now. I've completed quite a few quests already, actually, yet I'm still only level 1. I haven't had any major troubles yet, though, so I'm not going to worry about leveling for now. I'm sure it'll happen on its own eventually, as long as I keep using my axe to kill people and aggressive wild critters.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2014, 02:42:33 pm »

Ladies don't get much - an alternate way to get past the "gentleman thief" outside that same fort town, and an easier time with the misandrist Telvanni councilor.  Rather a shame; I didn't even know that quest line existed.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2014, 03:37:31 pm »

Don't worry, Uncle Crassius doesn't judge.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25