Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 26490 times)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #210 on: January 18, 2014, 11:18:22 pm »

(( Uhm GWG, do you actually have the materials to do any of that yet? Don't you need to go find a supplier first? Otherwise you could just assess the building to work up ways to fortify it. That's going to need to be done whatever we do.

It's either that or just sit it out while the rest of us do stuff. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 18, 2014, 11:19:51 pm »

((Patrick Hunt is kinda right, there isn't much we can do right now with the funds we have.  We have to focus on what we can do))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 18, 2014, 11:20:23 pm »

Blank is also going to try and recruit thugs and general mean sorts to the cult. Like the Christians.
((I'm usually first in line to make fun of organized religion, but seriously. Not cool.))

(( Uhm GWG, do you actually have the materials to do any of that yet? Don't you need to go find a supplier first? Otherwise you could just assess the building to work up ways to fortify it. That's going to need to be done whatever we do.

It's either that or just sit it out while the rest of us do stuff. ))
((Pretty sure I would have gotten that stuff when setting up my workshop, else I basically wasted my whole first turn pointing to a room and calling it my workshop.
And fortify the building? How, and wouldn't that make it rather conspicuous?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 18, 2014, 11:20:50 pm »

Turns are usually around an hour, give or take, except in combat. GWG has some basic materials, but nothing fancy.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 18, 2014, 11:22:22 pm »

((Well, to be fair they are also usually better people afterwards. Which I also plan to do.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 18, 2014, 11:23:05 pm »

((You can fortify it from the inside, add bulletproof glass or tinting to the windows, gets safes, set up a room to be used as a computer hub. Plenty of things you can do.

Ok so yeah you do need to find a supplier to get more supplies. It'd get this turn sorted. ))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:25:05 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 18, 2014, 11:25:31 pm »

Turns are usually around an hour, give or take, except in combat. GWG has some basic materials, but nothing fancy.
An hour? I had expected more like a day.
This is going to take forever. Not just building stuff. Hell, it would have been slow regardless--months, which would be several dozen turns at best--but with hours...this game is probably going to die before we can get through the week.

((Well, to be fair they are also usually better people afterwards. Which I also plan to do.))
((If this was PMs, I'd be listing counter-examples. Some Biblical.))

(( How? You didn't request anything and no money got used so you didn't buy anything.
((Then what the hell is a "workshop"?))

You can fortify it from the inside, add bulletproof glass or tinting to the windows, gets safes, set up a room to be used as a computer hub. Plenty of things you can do.
((Please elaborate, pretty unusual, definitely conspicuous, why don't we have those, why the hell don't we have that.))

Ok so yeah you do need to find a supplier to get more supplies. It'd get this turn sorted. ))
((Yeah.))

After concluding argument, begin locating supplier.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 18, 2014, 11:25:49 pm »

((GWG: basically, our turns are already declared.  Spend the next hour looking over the layout or whatever you want to do.

Oh, and technically Christianity DID start out as a cult within Judaism.  Then it rose to become the world's predominant religion.  When I say cult, I just mean a small subset of a group, seperate from the main.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 18, 2014, 11:26:15 pm »

( Not thinking basic enough. He basically went and grabbed some scrap from a nearby scrapyard, and refined it with whatever tools he brought with him. It's not exactly excellent quality, but it's pretty much free. Along with the pointing at a room and calling it a workshop, and setting up whatever mystery tools he has in that inventory of his

Edit: Turns are as long as they need to be, usually, + things are sped up in this.)
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:27:53 pm by Playergamer »
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: January 18, 2014, 11:28:21 pm »

(( Well for the time frame, we could do it so say at 10pm unless we declare a night action it jumps to the next morning and our action happens then. It'd cut some time out at least.

Tinting I'm not sure, but bulletproof glass can be brought in boxed and then just placed behind the normal glass. It'd look all but identical from the outside and nobody could see what's in the boxes, makes us a lot safer and it's easy and almost undetectable.

We could also use alarms on the inside and outside, cameras, reinforce the doors and walls from the inside. Plenty that can be done that's fairly simple and impossible to detect. ))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:30:15 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32:16 pm »

Our budget is fairly small, though.  Probably just a camera or two at the front entrance and a monitor in his room.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2014, 11:32:42 pm »

(( Yeah just as an example, I'm working on the budget thing as well and some guards. When I said a lot to share I meant a lot. ))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 11:35:41 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 19, 2014, 12:31:46 am »

((We started today, my time, at page 5, and it made its way up to page 15...  Impressive.  Imagine how many pages there are going to be when the first MAJOR decision comes up.  Like, life or death this determines how the organization will operate hereout major.))

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 19, 2014, 12:34:55 pm »

Turn 2: The Punching Commences

Carl Anderson

(6 vs 3) You punch Corran, hard enough that the slightest bit more force might've broken his nose/jaw.(4) You find a decent place to get hardware supplies and material in bulk. It'll cost you, depending on what you try to make, but at least now you actually have a supply of materials.

Corran Harvey Khai

You take the office on the top floor, and nobody seems to object. You check the ages on the retired cops, before noting their phone numbers. Mix of late 30s, earlier 40s, with two about your age. You also grab the SWAT team's commander's number and the Chief's number, before looking for a high-ranking Cossack to talk to. (1) Sadly, the highest ranking Cossack you can find is a bottom-level foot soldier who was captured a few weeks before you arrived. Then, you get John to send you the Chief's records. "Sure, that's not exactly a breach of security." (3+2) Served in Iraq and Afghanistan, was honorably discharged after an engagement in some backwards village in the mountains. Came back home, went to work in the Sheriff's department. Eventually got promoted to CoP of this little town. (6) You remember every SWAT team member you've ever worked with who's still alive. All together, you know about 10 guys nearby.

Densi Opin

(3) "Kids, you don't want to do this." The kids don't listen, although the one with the bat inches ever further away. (3 vs 4) You go to knock them out, but miss. The one with the bat counterattacks. (6+1 vs 1) He makes an extremely clumsy swing, and you dodge easily, before counterattacking again. (5+1 vs 3) You knock him unconscious with one punch, before turning to face his friend. (3 vs 2) Your punch barely hits him, not doing any serious damage.. (6+1 vs 2) He counterattacks, but it's as if he has no clue how you're supposed to stab someone. (3 vs 3) You try to take him down before things get ugly, but he manages to dodge again. (2 vs 5) He manages to get a stab in, but it is slowed enough by your SWAT Uniform that it only causes medium bleeding. (1+1 vs 1) You manage to both fail extremely hard, but he fails slightly harder, and drops his knife. (3) You kick it a few feet away, and the boy surrenders, apparently thinking you'll be merciful. (3+2 vs 3) You leave with the two of them unconscious in an alleyway, after drawing something rather unpleasant on the forehead of the one with the bat.

Reynaldo Richardson

(4) You easily set up a makeshift hospital in one of the bedrooms, leaving one of the FAKs, one of the bottles of painkillers, and a couple of the masks. It should make it easier to treat anything that doesn't involve major surgery. You also point out the files you read in Corran's copy of the Directors Files.

Blank

(4+1) You begin preaching in the alleyways and such, and soon you have a cult of about 10 thugs listening to you. It feels good to have power over people again.

Victoriea Hegemony

(4) You find the things on your list pretty easily.
  • Non-smartphones with texting abilities are about 25 dollars.       
  • Blank Masks are about 2 dollars each.
  • Guns usually start at about 100 dollars, for cheap pistols and rifles, and go up.
  • Knives are about 20 dollars.
  • Cameras are 2 dollars for a disposable, 10 dollars for a reusable.
  • Binoculars are 30 dollars each
  • Handcuffs are about 20 dollars a pair.
  • Kevlar Vests are about 50 dollars each, 100 dollars with covers and helmet.

Then, after going on your not really shopping spree, you decide to stake out a store guarded by the Rebs. (3) You manage to sit, reading a newspaper, for about 15 minutes before the Rebs get suspicious, at which point you move on. During that time, you learn that there are only three of them, armed with pistols and knives, who seem like they have no discipline whatsoever. 

Spoiler: The Agency (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Directors (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: OOC (click to show/hide)
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 19, 2014, 12:38:55 pm »

Contact all 10 old S.W.A.T buddies and ask them to come meet with me together. Have my meeting with 10 retired cops. Have my meeting with chief of police. Attend the meeting with the other directors.
Speak with the imprisoned Cossack and take one of my 2 second in commands with me.
(( Done by PM. ))

Ask John to look up any retired medics, doctors and surgeons in town and to get replacements for the cops and swat I recruited sent here.
Also ask him to get me records of any officers in towns around our location that have been given medal for distinguished service.

Sell 9 of the 10 pistols.
Buy 6 S.W.A.T issue SMG's.

Place 5 cops into S.W.A.T and give each 1 a set of armor and SMG. All 20 S.W.A.T get a flash grenade each. Place Travis in command of 9 and Isaac in command of 9.
Travis and Isaac train the rookies and me to S.W.A.T standards. I use my instruction experience to assist them in how to train people.

The 10 retired cops are assigned to the Docs command.
The 10 cops are assigned to Vics command.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 07:19:27 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 33