Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27327 times)

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #105 on: January 18, 2014, 06:28:08 pm »

((But it would look and feel like he missed.))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2014, 06:30:16 pm »

"I wasn't speaking for skills, I was speaking for us as a paramilitary organization. I'm not going to get involved in your administrative duties, that's your game. But when you decide to induct a whole batch of new blood, or I want to launch a cover operation in gangland, we're going to get the approval of the others, alright?"

Victoriea turns to the others,

"What do you all think?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2014, 06:32:21 pm »

I approve of this plan.  We are all the directors of S.T.I.N.G., and we should all be a part of large decisions.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2014, 06:33:44 pm »

(( Hah I think we're going to get along, your character is the kind of guy Corran would love. ))

"Thats exactly my problem, if I have to ask your permission every time I want to recruit somebody then wait for you all to discuss it and vote on it then it's going to take far to long to get anything done.

For instance right now I'm working on 10 people as well as meeting with 3 others, now I have to have all my meetings with 13 people which is going to take most of the day then come back and give you all a full report on every individual meeting which take hours more then wait for you all to discuss everything then vote on it before I can do anything about it.

Which will take days.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2014, 06:36:30 pm »

That is not what I am asking.  Have your meeting, but let us have access to whatever information you have on the person, and if we have any complaints THEN it will come to a group discussion.  Any major operation needs to be discussed as well.  Not necessarily any individual hiring, though if there is a problem we will at least talk to you about it.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2014, 06:43:30 pm »

"Ok then let me prove my point, I have 10 full files on those 10 people, I looked at the files and in 10 minutes decided I want them because I looked for specific things. For you to do the same will take half the day or more at least because you have no idea what information to look for in those files and if I was to tell you then it would remove the entire purpose of needing your permission.

Where I having hand selected people to join S.W.A.T and hand selected people from agencies and law enforcement to form teams for operations know exactly what to look for, why do I need permission from all of you on a job that you are not qualified to do? It would be like me demanding that I be given a minute by minute breakdown of a surgical procedure before allowing it to begin. I have no right to take the choice away from the person who knows how to do it.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 06:45:57 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 18, 2014, 06:46:33 pm »

Maybe you should listen to what I said.  I said to allow us access to the files, and if and when we get around to reading them, we can bring up any concerns with you.  If we still have concerns after that, THEN we can call a meeting to discuss it.  In the meantime, you can hire them on.

Anyone have any objections?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 18, 2014, 06:51:00 pm »

"Oh great way to build trust, so we're all going to sit and second guess every decision somebody else makes. That can't possibly go wrong. And even better if one of us gets caught they have all the information they need to destroy the entire organization.

Theres a reason that terrorists work in cells and thats what we are, terrorists. Each cell has it's own role and if it gets caught or infiltrated it can't bring down the rest. Having all of us know every detail about everything is just begging for everything to go wrong.
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 18, 2014, 06:51:16 pm »

That reminds me. If you guys want, you can PM me secret actions, and I'll PM you back the results.

(Called it, Patrick Hunt is the new mesor)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 18, 2014, 06:52:12 pm »

Torture/Kill these kidsTry to smooth talk my way out of this, if that doesn't work, knock both of them unconscious... With an embarrassing sign on one of them. (If I still get more moves, look for a better compound.)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #115 on: January 18, 2014, 06:52:27 pm »

(Called it, Patrick Hunt is the new mesor)
((ohgawd))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2014, 06:52:38 pm »

(( Huh? How so? ))
Caine's law.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 18, 2014, 06:55:10 pm »

"Or we could do a 30 minute meeting, in which you explain to us, why these people are good, and what their skills are. As much as I trust you, I do want to know who these people are. Given your skills, I do sincerely hope you are able to explain to us this in 30 minutes. I'm sure as hell not sitting through a 2 hour meeting. Had enough of those with the POTUS. That's why I'm here."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 18, 2014, 06:56:00 pm »

"For example, Carl, would you like me to walk in and tell you how to repair things?"
"Hm? Oh, you're arguing. No, not unless you wanted to finish the job."

"I wasn't speaking for skills, I was speaking for us as a paramilitary organization. I'm not going to get involved in your administrative duties, that's your game. But when you decide to induct a whole batch of new blood, or I want to launch a cover operation in gangland, we're going to get the approval of the others, alright?"

Victoriea turns to the others,

"What do you all think?"
"Fair."

"Thats exactly my problem, if I have to ask your permission every time I want to recruit somebody then wait for you all to discuss it and vote on it then it's going to take far to long to get anything done.

For instance right now I'm working on 10 people as well as meeting with 3 others, now I have to have all my meetings with 13 people which is going to take most of the day then come back and give you all a full report on every individual meeting which take hours more then wait for you all to discuss everything then vote on it before I can do anything about it.

Which will take days.

"If you can't handle the bureaucracy, get out of the government."

"Ok then let me prove my point, I have 10 full files on those 10 people, I looked at the files and in 10 minutes decided I want them because I looked for specific things. For you to do the same will take half the day or more at least because you have no idea what information to look for in those files and if I was to tell you then it would remove the entire purpose of needing your permission."
"Son, I'm not particularly pleased when people claim that they are so much smarter than anyone else that they can get a job done a zillion times faster and that anyone else would need their help 'nyways. Let me rephrase your claims: You can read through a person's entire file and decide if you want to hire him or not in a single minute. This is already putting you in my bad books. You then claim that it would take half a day for us to get through ten, implying that anyone else would take half an hour or close to it to do what you can do in a mere minute. You further imply that our work would be faulty, because we don't have the knowledge you do. And while my area of expertise ain't people, I think I know enough about our mission to know what makes a good soldier--I don't need you holding my hand. And if you did help me, it would be by explaining the traits you think are most pertinent, not telling us who to hire--summaries, not decisions. Finally, giving you unlimited hiring power would be like giving me unlimited requisitionary power--an idiotic choice just begging to be exploited to the detriment of the rest of the organization."

"Where I having hand selected people to join S.W.A.T and hand selected people from agencies and law enforcement to form teams for operations know exactly what to look for, why do I need permission from all of you on a job that you are not qualified to do? It would be like me demanding that I be given a minute by minute breakdown of a surgical procedure before allowing it to begin. I have no right to take the choice away from the person who knows how to do it."
"It would, however, be perfectly acceptable of you to ask to be consulted before performing said surgical procedure, in this analogy at least. After all, our resources are scarce, and we can't have you directing them all."

"Oh great way to build trust, so we're all going to sit and second guess every decision somebody else makes. That can't possibly go wrong. And even better if one of us gets caught they have all the information they need to destroy the entire organization."
"So, you are instead suggesting we discard any pretense of checks and balances among our members while also making sure no one has enough knowledge? If any of us get captured, knowing our names and faces is enough to doom us. Besides, I can't help but notice how you're asking for power for yourself, but not leaving a lot of room open for others to expand their powers."

"Theres a reason that terrorists work in cells and thats what we are, terrorists. Each cell has it's own role and if it gets caught or infiltrated it can't bring down the rest. Having all of us know every detail about everything is just begging for everything to go wrong."
Carl smacks him.
"In what way are we terrorists?"

"And do we have an actual, long-term plan?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 18, 2014, 06:58:55 pm »

Why doesn't everyone calm down.

Here's my proposition: everyone has access to the files pertaining to those in their field.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 33