Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 26494 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #420 on: January 21, 2014, 03:31:30 pm »

((Good answer.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 21, 2014, 03:32:56 pm »

(( I thought so. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 21, 2014, 03:39:01 pm »

"Of course not, I'd shoot him in the knee first then kill him once he drops the kid.
"That's not really the point of the question. Let's make it really simply dicthomous. You can either shoot both of them or you can't and he'll escape forever. He won't commit anymore crimes, but he'll never get captured or killed either."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 21, 2014, 03:48:37 pm »

"Then I let him go, put my foot up fates ass then hunt the bastard down and kill him. No such thing as Never.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 21, 2014, 03:57:39 pm »

"Then I let him go, put my foot up fates ass then hunt the bastard down and kill him. No such thing as Never.
"Its not a question of pratical logic or what you're capable of, its about your morality. The answers are you would, you wouldn't, or you don't know."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 21, 2014, 04:02:46 pm »

"Not really the question to ask me, I don't believe anything is impossible to do. Even if he's got the kid to shield him I can think of a dozen ways to still kill him without hurting the kid. You can keep asking all you like doesn't come into it for me.

I'll find a way to get the job done in a way that won't hurt the civilians feelings.

Besides that entire situation revolves around my boys failing to do there job properly to begin with.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2014, 04:05:39 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 21, 2014, 04:13:32 pm »

"Then let's get to the most basic level of the question, without simillies or anything of the sort: Is executing a heinous villain more or less important than the life of a child? Or do you not have an answer for that either?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 21, 2014, 04:17:03 pm »

"Depends on what kind of criminal.
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 21, 2014, 04:20:52 pm »

"Depends on what kind of criminal.

"The worst kind."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 21, 2014, 04:22:51 pm »

"If one death can save hundreds of lives then I classify it as an acceptable loss. Child or not 1 death to save many lives is the right tactical choice and I'll pay the price when I'm dead.
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 21, 2014, 04:24:11 pm »

"The stipulation being that he won't go on to commit anymore crimes, regardless of whether you kill him or not."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 21, 2014, 04:29:01 pm »

"That stipulation is horse shit, when I have a gun pointing at a criminal who has a hostage I don't have the luxury of knowing whats going to happen tomorrow or a week or a month from now all I have is right now.

I know what he's done in the past I know what he's been doing in the present. If that man posses a significant risk to future lives then he dies. I try to avoid killing the kid if thats possible if not then it's an acceptable loss.
If I let him go and in a months time he kills 10 more people then my choice has resulted in 9 more deaths at his hands then were necessary. I'd rather punish myself and hurt 1 family stopping him then hurt 10 in the future because I let him go.

Will I feel good about it? Hell no I'll carry that guilt around with me the rest of my life but I will know that he will never hurt another person for certain.
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 21, 2014, 04:30:43 pm »

"Do you have any sort of perception beyond the physical and tangible?"

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 21, 2014, 04:32:43 pm »

"In what way?
Caine's law.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 21, 2014, 04:37:51 pm »

"Don't you follow an establish religion or phiolosophy(ies) like most people?"
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 33