Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 26527 times)

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #360 on: January 20, 2014, 10:09:46 pm »

( I have no clue, but they are...)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: January 20, 2014, 10:11:08 pm »

Better if we don't know how what?  And our orders were not to root out all crime.  They are to do everything within our power to root out crime where it exists.  There's a difference.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: January 20, 2014, 10:12:17 pm »

"Carl, I really don't think the intention of this organization was to go that far. If you're government has set up an operation like this, perhaps their next step will be to have some sort of administration to handle crime in the long run."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: January 20, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »

"Well, the great watermelon rewards followers for being peaceful when unprovoked with eternal life. It also tends to punish criminals and those who assist them. Most of the parables are about generous servants and general good people being rewarded. It also advocates that if one must look like a bad person to help people stop actual bad people then it is good to do so. So, be a nice person and help others stop bad people and you'll be greatly rewarded in the next life. I would have gone with something more sensical but it's easier to make a water melon appear than an eldritch abomination."

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: January 20, 2014, 10:14:07 pm »

"How I handle funding, I have some ways that are good and some that are not so good. Better for you not to know if it comes to the not so good options.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: January 20, 2014, 10:17:21 pm »

I'm pretty sure that we at least need to know where the funding is coming from.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:11 pm »

"If it comes to it I'll explain then, first I'm just going to ask John if he can sort something out.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:23 pm »

"If it comes to it I'll explain then, first I'm just going to ask John if he can sort something out.

"Are allowed to withhold things from each other now?"
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: January 20, 2014, 10:19:31 pm »

Yes... John... Good luck with that...

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: January 20, 2014, 10:20:55 pm »

Look, we know we aren't going to get anything out of him.  If he wants to do his own thing, fine, but there have to be conditions on what must be shared and what is optional.  Such as group funding being mandatory, at least if we get any funds from that place.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: January 20, 2014, 10:21:43 pm »

"I'm not going to withhold it from you, I simply don't want to fill you in on something that doesn't happen. If it comes to it I'll fill you in.
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: January 20, 2014, 10:23:16 pm »

That was exactly what I was saying.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: January 20, 2014, 10:24:37 pm »

"Sorry I was speaking to the lady. But that's fine.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: January 20, 2014, 10:25:21 pm »

"Why are you even here? So far all you've said is that our jobs a waste of time and it can't be done."
"No, I didn't. I merely said that your methods would provide passing safety at best."

"Better if you don't know how.
"...Why are you always trying to be so secretive with the other Directors?"
"And besides, the way you phrased that...what good is it to eliminate crime if we must become criminals to do so?"

And our orders were not to root out all crime.  They are to do everything within our power to root out crime where it exists.  There's a difference.
"And should we not attempt to take this goal to the highest level we could hope for?"

"Carl, I really don't think the intention of this organization was to go that far. If you're government has set up an operation like this, perhaps their next step will be to have some sort of administration to handle crime in the long run."
"I'll worry about such an administration when I hear of it."

"Well, the great watermelon rewards followers for being peaceful when unprovoked with eternal life. It also tends to punish criminals and those who assist them. Most of the parables are about generous servants and general good people being rewarded. It also advocates that if one must look like a bad person to help people stop actual bad people then it is good to do so. So, be a nice person and help others stop bad people and you'll be greatly rewarded in the next life. I would have gone with something more sensical but it's easier to make a water melon appear than an eldritch abomination."
"Useful, I suppose."

"How I handle funding, I have some ways that are good and some that are not so good. Better for you not to know if it comes to the not so good options.
"The more you say, the more certain I am that you need to tell us. We are still subject to the regular police, and if we abuse our powers to commit crimes...wasn't it you worrying about image? That would destroy it."

"Are allowed to withhold things from each other now?"
"He's been trying to do that this whole time."

Look, we know we aren't going to get anything out of him.  If he wants to do his own thing, fine, but there have to be conditions on what must be shared and what is optional.  Such as group funding being mandatory, at least if we get any funds from that place.
"Any actions that could lead to this place being raided by the police should be disclosed. Any crime in general, really."

"I'm not going to withhold it from you, I simply don't want to fill you in on something that doesn't happen. If it comes to it I'll fill you in.
"...Fine, but give us forewarning."
I am going to regret this.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: January 20, 2014, 10:27:00 pm »

"Well my first idea is a simple one I mentioned earlier. I convince the Cossacks to pay us to remove the Rebs. They're the immediate problem the Cossacks are not and they like to solve problems with money.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 33