Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27259 times)

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #345 on: January 20, 2014, 09:52:18 pm »

We have one goal, and one goal alone.  We are an experiemntal institution, loosely under government supervision.  Eradicating poverty or hunger is something that nobody can accomplish, nor is truly eradicating crime.  However, we will do our best to root out the most dangerous criminals and take them down.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:19 pm »

We have one goal, and one goal alone.  We are an experiemntal institution, loosely under government supervision.  Eradicating poverty or hunger is something that nobody can accomplish, nor is truly eradicating crime.  However, we will do our best to root out the most dangerous criminals and take them down.

"Of course it is. I doubt we'll get that far, considering the limitations of Role Playing Games and such. Just a thought, with us providing all of our ideas."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: January 20, 2014, 09:56:41 pm »

(Yep.)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: January 20, 2014, 09:57:20 pm »

(( So TCM? I did respond to you :P. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: January 20, 2014, 09:59:43 pm »

"We don't have the resources now, give me time I recruited 45 men in a day. I know a lot of people who will agree with what we're doing. We'll grow.
"Who was it that brought up funding issues? Regardless, our budget is in the low quadruple digits, whereas the normal police departments have budgets in the millions for the larger cities. Money makes the world go round--without it, we'll be unable to find anyone willing to work for us in dangerous conditions, and the employees we have will need to leave. Long-term, we aren't sustainable."
More grumbling.

The difference is that when the police screw up, everyone knows that they were following procedure.  But other than a few general guidelines, we have no rules.  We have no group ethics code that the public knows.
"As long as we don't cause abuse of that power, as long as we stay on the straight and narrow path" (for some reason Carl is staring at Blank) "the public should give us a fair amount of trust...and a single failure won't change what we get."

"How doesn't money help? Also it keeps people from becoming criminals."
Carl laughs.
"No offense, but religious people can be the biggest crooks of all. Regardless, unless your religion is eating up enough time that they can't commit crimes, it won't seriously change anything in that department. And the money...will help. Mention that directly next time someone asks you."
"...What is your religion about, anyways?"

"If we're talking about long-term, we could bolster education and eradicate poverty. That would help."
"That's an excellent idea, and more or less what I was thinking of. How? Even the poorest school districts are better-funded than us."

"If we can't eliminate the root causes of crime, we'll be fighting a war that could never be won."
"They gave me a number and they murdered Valjean/When they chained me and left me for dead,/Just for stealing a mouthful of bread."

"Of course it is. I doubt we'll get that far, considering the limitations of Role Playing Games and such. Just a thought, with us providing all of our ideas."
((Don't mix IC and OOC.
Also, if we're thinking as big as "eliminating crime," we might as well start at the source.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: January 20, 2014, 10:01:14 pm »

"My men will not be going anywhere. They understood exactly what they were getting into, money is not a concern for them and I'll handle it anyway.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: January 20, 2014, 10:02:15 pm »

"My men will not be going anywhere. They understood exactly what they were getting into, money is not a concern for them and I'll handle it anyway.
"You really think that they can work for free, indefinitely? Or that we should have them do so?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: January 20, 2014, 10:02:44 pm »

Blank looks away for a second before turning to Carl.
"It's about... a sentient watermelon."

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: January 20, 2014, 10:03:15 pm »

"So, they cut us loose entirely and we continue doing our job. Sure I'll join the training as well. I'm a little out of practice my tactics in the past 2 years didn't involve very much direct combat.

Once we have spare kit sure, right now we have 15 sets of S.W.A.T kit and 15 S.W.A.T using it. None of them will surrender there personal equipment.

"I wasn't asking for their personal belongings, obviously they'd hang on to that. Is S.W.A.T. Equipment specified to each individual officer or is there a general armory or something of the sort?"

(Yep.)

"Thank you for the clarification."

Victoriea turns to Carl. "No offense, but if you're focused on rooting out all crime permanently, you may want to run for political office rather than this line of work."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: January 20, 2014, 10:04:07 pm »

Regardless of what they will and will not do, it is only fair and right that they receive salaries, particularly in such a high-risk job.  We work outside of the legal system, meaning that they will see far more action than the average cop.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: January 20, 2014, 10:05:22 pm »

"They won't need to. I'll take care of it.
Why are you even here? So far all you've said is that our jobs a waste of time and it can't be done.

Each individual person and this town has no spare kit. This team was made up on the spot and has it's own kit and nothing else. The other 10 are my boys and brought there own kit with them.

They will get paid when I finish setting things up, until then that's all we can do unless you want to just send everybody home and give up now?
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: January 20, 2014, 10:06:54 pm »

I'm not saying that.  But as soon as we get some revenue, they should at least be paid something.  Even if they are willing to work for free for now, at the very least it will keep morale up if things look bad at the start.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: January 20, 2014, 10:07:28 pm »

(What happened to my dice? Did an NPC in this game put a magnet under my desk or something?)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: January 20, 2014, 10:07:43 pm »

Blank looks away for a second before turning to Carl.
"It's about... a sentient watermelon."
"...If you hadn't started I would have asked you to make it sound less parodical. Anyways, morality? Parables?"

Victoriea turns to Carl. "No offense, but if you're focused on rooting out all crime permanently, you may want to run for political office rather than this line of work."
"Isn't that what we were told to do? I have no intent of disobeying orders."

Regardless of what they will and will not do, it is only fair and right that they receive salaries, particularly in such a high-risk job.  We work outside of the legal system, meaning that they will see far more action than the average cop.
"And they will need to eat. And want to do things like pay the electric bill, enjoy the occasional movie, and not be subject to the whims of their pension's medical plan."

"They won't need to. I'll take care of it."
"How?"

"Why are you even here? So far all you've said is that our jobs a waste of time and it can't be done."
((Who is this aimed at?))

"They will get paid when I finish setting things up, until then that's all we can do unless you want to just send everybody home and give up now?"
"How do you intend to pay them, or others?"

(What happened to my dice? Did an NPC in this game put a magnet under my desk or something?)
((Why are your dice magnetic?))
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: January 20, 2014, 10:09:00 pm »

(( You, and we're doing a PM meeting and I keep getting 1's. ))

"Better if you don't know how.
Caine's law.

Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33