Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 27281 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #300 on: January 20, 2014, 07:55:55 pm »

I think we need to think about the long term of the organization first.  While rooting out crime is our primary job, we need to organize ourselves first."
"How we organize ourselves relies heavily on our overarching plan, our methods. If we decide to bomb the criminals into submission--" Carl's tone of voice indicates that he is not supportive of this idea "--then we'd want to be more like terrorist cells; if we're planning to take them down from within, more inspiration from intelligence organization would be good; and so on."

While that is all well and good, how do we plan on paying their wages.  I know that they respect you, but respect isn't cash in their hands.  We have less than 1000 dollars, and are uncertain of when we will receive any additional funding.
Carl mutters something about the governor being a well-meaning fool.

"I also have a plan to acquire some more money."
"Ominous."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: January 20, 2014, 07:58:08 pm »

Blank seeing that he isn't really needed goes back to polishing his staff.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: January 20, 2014, 07:59:20 pm »

"Ah good your here, I need a favor from you once this is done it all fits in with the intel. First the Cossacks.

Intel was wrong they are more violent then it suggested, the Chief showed me a video of them executing a prisoner in cold blood because he took money and didn't keep up his side of the deal. I didn't find anything else about them but the cops have a foot soldier in lock up and the Chief will let me see him or take custody of him when were ready. Largely they avoid real violence though so they're a secondary concern.

The second gang is called Johnny's Rebs. They're only 1 chapter of a large organization and they seem to believe it's there destiny to fight the second civil war or some such garbage. They're extremely violent and very well armed. They're also fanatical in there devotion to the extent that they shoot themselves rather then be taken alive.
But the key piece of information. I know where to find one of there safehouses, the Chief believes roughly 10-20 men use it but he's lacked the man power to hit it. I on the other hand do not.

Blank, mind sending some of your guys to scout it out for me? Your lot can blend in mine stick out a little. We need more up to date intel on them.

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: January 20, 2014, 08:04:51 pm »

"Hm. The Rebs seem like a group which can fairly easily be taken out and not expect to reform in any meaningful way, only be replaced by the expansion of some differently-oriented gang. The Cossacks...if they are so violent, one wonders how they manage to keep it quiet."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: January 20, 2014, 08:05:05 pm »

Blank give him an annoyed look.
"I'm going to take the comment about my lot as a compliment. So, do you think that we can redeem the... Cossacks."

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: January 20, 2014, 08:07:39 pm »

Interesting.  Well, the Rebs guys certainly are nuts.
But while that is interesting, perhaps there is an easier way to do this than brute force, at least with the cossacks.  We take out the rebs, which SHOULD make a point to the cossacks that they are no longer wanted in town.

Corran, since most of the men follow your orders, could I ask a favor of YOU.  Could a few of your S.W.A.T. friends set up observation on the road to Chicago.  Not looking for anyone in particular, just anything suspicious.  Also, Blank, that was a compliment.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: January 20, 2014, 08:10:29 pm »

"Not a chance in hell, they'll never surrender there wealth. They'll have to be removed but in the short term well they only get really violent when somebody breaks a deal which isn't to often.

It was intended as a compliment, sometimes a lack of discipline has it's uses and this is one of them. I have the men to take the safehouse but I need specifics first.

Well for my plan, I want to make a deal with the Cossacks, we need more intel so meeting some is essential and they're all but at war with the other gang but they lack the real guts and firepower to fight them. I'm sure they'll be happy to pay us to do it for them and we need the money. Plus I enjoy the irony of us coming for them later with weapons they paid for.

S.W.A.T are wasted sitting still doing nothing useful thats what we have normal officers for, they love stakeouts besides we have no information to go on so they couldn't identify anything even if they tried.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: January 20, 2014, 08:11:33 pm »

Blank nods.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: January 20, 2014, 08:13:13 pm »

Did you not read the files I gave you?

((You can't see it, but the files is hyperlinked.  Click it))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: January 20, 2014, 08:14:45 pm »

"I did, and it doesn't provide anything that justifies sticking armed response officers to sit and watch a road all day. We have plenty of normal officers to do that work.
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: January 20, 2014, 08:18:05 pm »

Fair enough.  The problem I see is, there is a lot of things going on here that we don't know about.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: January 20, 2014, 08:19:56 pm »

"Well the 10 retired cops need some time and training to get back in physical shape. So surveillance is perfect it's light enough and gives them spare time for training. Take all 10 and set them out however you need just make sure they get some time to go for training with my boys.

I wanna get them back into shape hopefully before anything serious goes down.
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: January 20, 2014, 08:22:00 pm »

Yeah... it might be a week or so before we are ready to make any major move on either of the gangs.  How do you plan on communicating with the mobsters without being killed or captured.  You can't exactly bring SWAT officers with you to meet them.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: January 20, 2014, 08:23:37 pm »

"Well I planned to just ask them to send one man to a meeting with me. Probably an underling who will communicate with the bosses by phone.

I'm not going to walk into a trap but they don't attack cops for nothing they use money first. It'll be safe enough.
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: January 20, 2014, 08:26:12 pm »

Hopefully.  You're going to have to do some clever talking to convince them, but I get the impression that that is your specialty.

My biggest concern is what happens AFTER we take out these two gangs.  What then?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 33