Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should I update this, and revive it, or start a new game, called [La Resistance]

Update STING
- 3 (50%)
New Game
- 3 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Voting closed: March 19, 2014, 05:27:58 pm

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33

Author Topic: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group (Hiatus)  (Read 26532 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: S.T.I.N.G: Strategic, Tactical, and Individual Neutralization Group
« Reply #255 on: January 19, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

"I haven't decided yet, I need to finish my meetings and see what kind of manpower I've got before I decide. They're S.W.A.T, of course they're the best we don't take second raters.
"The best what? I'll grant that the best of the best are the best at what they do, but if what they did isn't what we need done..."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 19, 2014, 05:28:11 pm »

"Primarily tactics, assault, hostage rescue. They're experts in urban combat. If you have to put somebody down hard you want us leading the way.

Sooner or later this is going to come down to a fight and when it does me and my boys will be the ones to put the scum down permanently.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:31:40 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 19, 2014, 05:54:44 pm »

((Why don't you ever put in a closing quotation mark?))

"No offense to your men, but I pray that day never comes."
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: January 19, 2014, 05:56:17 pm »

(( Dunno I did at first then just stopped doing it. ))

"No offense but this is why I'm doing things my way. These are armed criminals they're not going to surrender and go to prison. They're going to fight us because it's what they do. Time to open your eyes mechanic the war is about to begin and if your not ready then you won't survive it.

But don't worry me and my boys will keep you safe.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 05:57:49 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 19, 2014, 06:02:21 pm »

"I think I know war better than you do. And it's something to avoid if we can. There are nonviolent means we can use. They might not be as simple as shooting the bad guys, but it's more permanent if we hack at the root, not the twigs."
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 19, 2014, 06:09:33 pm »

"I dunno, burning down the whole tree worked well for me. I annihilated more gangs in 2 years then most police departments do in 2 lifetimes. My way works.
Caine's law.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 19, 2014, 06:13:26 pm »

(dood, stealing lines from NPCs, that's just evil. JK)
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 19, 2014, 06:15:08 pm »

"And at the end, you had as many gangs as you did at the start, did you not?"
Carl catches himself and holds up a finger.
"Sorry. It's a bit of a...sensitive topic for me. Regardless, I'm not saying we won't need to use violence, only that I hope we won't."

(dood, stealing lines from NPCs, that's just evil. JK)
((Huh?))
Sig

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure his!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 19, 2014, 06:16:40 pm »

((Violence is not the answer, it is the question. The answer is yes.

Jk))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 19, 2014, 06:17:48 pm »

(( It's what a bunch of retired cops said to me when I asked what they'd heard about me.
They very smartly decided to play on my ego.

"Everyone's heard the name. Wiped out more gangs in 2 years then most police departments manage in 2 lifetimes. What do you want with us?"

I'll explain in the meeting. ))

"In the end we had a punch of kids calling themselves gangs who do far less damage then the scum I put in the ground. I call that progress.

(( See the doctor has the right idea, mostly because he's out of work without it but that does not detract from his agreeing with me. ))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 06:19:33 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 19, 2014, 06:22:08 pm »

"In the end we had a punch of kids calling themselves gangs who do far less damage then the scum I put in the ground. I call that progress.
"And how long has it been since this process has been going on? Moreover, what was the sociopolitical climate like before, during, and after? I'm willing to bet good money that the change was temporary or caused by means other than gunning down the criminals and arresting the survivors. Such methods merely create a power vacuum if the underlying causes of the problems are not solved."

(( See the doctor has the right idea, mostly because he's out of work without it but that does not detract from his agreeing with me. ))
((Yet more reason for us to question your decision to only share information with him.))
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 19, 2014, 06:23:55 pm »

"What survivors? As for the situation. Crime is down, murders are down, thefts are down, assaults are down.

I annihilated the organized crime in those areas and now the cops are way out ahead of the new lads, they're being arrested faster then they can set up.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 19, 2014, 06:32:02 pm »

"Again, how long has it been and what changes not related to your own awe-inspiringly perfect skills have there been?"

((I'm starting to think Corran is exaggerating the scenario to bolster his ego. Nothing wrong with that, but it won't endear him to Carl.))
Sig

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 19, 2014, 06:34:15 pm »

(( He's really not, he actually did wipe them out and it has cleaned the places up. You'll see how serious he is a little later in the meeting. ))

"2 years since I hit the first one, outside of what I did not much. The local cops are cleaning the places up slowly now I removed the big boys.
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 19, 2014, 06:43:55 pm »

((Well, yes, but realistically you can't just pack up all the criminals in a city and expect nothing to return, or that it will do so slowly enough that the cops one would expect the city to have can find them and stomp them out. The vacuum of power is too strong, and gangs/whatever in their formative stages too invisible. And that's assuming no one like the Mafia or out-of-town crooks decide to take advantage of the vacuum. You'd need serious social changes of some kind to accompany the capture of criminals if you want real, permanent changes--and since no large city in the history of the world has ever eliminated crime, it's not likely to happen.
Besides, if your character really did eliminate criminals like that, permanently saving a city from crime, it makes him a wee bit of a Mary Sue, doncha think? Even ignoring that this whole game is one of eliminating crime?))

"And it took you two years to do this miracle-working. So, two years minus two years is, shocker, nothing. You're telling me that you have finished what sounds like a murder-filled crime-destroying spree, and that you honestly expect it to remain crime-free now. Naive. The underworld will not be silenced so easily."
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 33