Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Dead, join the other thread.  (Read 7219 times)

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K: Commissariat now promoting Synergy! 0% Waitlist!
« Reply #105 on: January 20, 2014, 01:13:58 pm »

((Waiting on Fniff to post her turn.))
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: January 20, 2014, 01:58:48 pm »

(His.)
"Focus fire on the big frakker and those around it! I don't want that xeno in the trench!"
Volleyfire the nob, and those in it's general area.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: January 20, 2014, 02:10:46 pm »

((Well, your char a girl so I assumed... Welp))

Publius Maro

You fire at the Nob with your pistol (4-1) vs (3) your shots burn some of his arm, doing some superficial damage. "See men? It's easy!"

Corran
You fire a burst at a nearby group of Gretchin (2) vs (2) you miss your shots, peppering the area around them. They try to dodge, try being the key word as the stumble and flop around, trying to regain verticality.

Mask Wolf
You and your men continue to fire at them (1, 5, 5, 4, 1, 5, 6) vs (2, 6, 6, 6, 1, 6, 3) laying down an impressive field of fire, but somehow the Orks manage to evade almost all of the shots. One of the Orks trip, and one of your men fumbles with his gun, dropping it into the trench as another fires half of his battery into the air. You manage to hit the Nob with a few well placed rounds, piercing the flama' tank. Hmm, it seems to be leaking now...

Nameless PDF guy
(Pancaek) fires his Autogun at the Nob as well, with a vengeance (5) vs (4) the Nob sees the slugs being fired at him, but has no time to react as his Flama' tank is hit, blowing a large crater into the ground, and shredding a few nearby Orks and Gretchin with the shrapnel and expanding cloud of fiery death. Some of the nearby Orks have mixed reactions (1) and while most just become even more enraged, a couple decide to hedge their bets, and run away.

Derek
You order your men into the trench (5) and they listen, deciding that since the Nob is a fiery ball of flames, they might as well take out some of the remaining Orks. (4, 3, 6, 3, 2, 6) vs (2, 5, 1, 3, 3, 5) your first couple of troopers hit their marks, bringing down another pair of Orks. The rest of your men miss, while you yourself miss the Ork you were aiming for, taking out a Gretchin instead.

Saria
"Keep firing!" you scream. Your men happily oblige. (3, 3, 4, 1, 2, 1, 1) vs (2, 3, 4, 2, 6, 3, 1) Although not with accuracy. One of your men misses and takes out a Gretchin, a few others fire but their shots are dodged, while the majority of your troops are starting to lose hope in their stance. (4) they don't break yet, but a few are eying the Gate to the inside of the Oupost.
Everyone
The first bunker lights up again, as the other finishes clearing his jam (#1) (1, 2, 1, 4, 4, 1) the men underestimate the power of the gun again, throwing off the rest of the volley. They manage to take down two more Orks though, before running dry. (Reloading next turn)

The Orks charge (1) falters with the death of their leader, even more Orks beginning to retreat, while the others still press forward into close range, only 30 meters from the trench (3+1=4) vs (3-1=2) They begin to fire their Bolter pistols, hitting some of the nearby guardsmen and making the rest take cover in the trenches. Return fire is sparodic best, men beginning to lose hope again as such large creatures bear down on them.

Remaining Orks: 59-12=47
Remaining Gretchin: 21-9=12
Remaining Nob: A light dusting
Remaining Guardsmen: 20-4=16
Saria: 6 guardsmen (morale: 4)
Derek: 6 guardsmen (morale: 6)
Mask: 6 guardsmen (morale: 9)
Total: 34

((I think from here on I'll be adding your unit morale as a statistic instead of giving you hints.))
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: January 20, 2014, 02:14:51 pm »

My squad and I continue firing upon the orks, taking cover as to avoid their shots.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: January 20, 2014, 02:18:08 pm »

Push the faltering guardsmen of the auto cannon in the bunker I'm in then start mowing down orks.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: January 20, 2014, 02:18:44 pm »

"Look at that, men! There's only a couple of them left! Almost half are killed off, and they don't even have a leader anymore! Finish them off! A one, and a two, and a three, fire, everyone!"

Motivate!

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 20, 2014, 03:11:00 pm »

Fire on the closest orcs and pull the knife out of my boot.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 20, 2014, 03:27:34 pm »

"I think I hit something, commissar sir!"

keep firing in steady bursts

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: January 20, 2014, 04:10:32 pm »

"I think I hit something, commissar sir!"

"That's good! Do that more, if you don't mind. Yes, that would be very good."

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 20, 2014, 05:48:57 pm »

Be inspired by speech, grab lasrifle from dead guardsmen , leap up onto parapet , gun blazing, screaming 'for the Emperor!' :P/b]
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: January 20, 2014, 06:00:41 pm »

((Waiting on Fniff. This went faster than expected, I believe you might end this in the next couple of rounds. If my hidden rolls don't frak you over, that is.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: January 20, 2014, 08:02:50 pm »

Volley on the remaining orks. If they get into the trench, order my troops out. We won't last long in the melee.[/b

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: January 20, 2014, 10:48:27 pm »

((Possible to join up?))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: January 21, 2014, 09:43:57 am »

((Anytime. I welcome blood for the blood gods new recruits.))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: January 21, 2014, 05:39:28 pm »

Derek Johnson
You and your men continue to fire, even at the extremely close range [5-1, 6-1, 1-1, 5-1, 1-1, 1-1] vs [1, 4, 3, 1, 1, 3] Two of your men manage to take out a few Orks, but a large amount of them manage to avoid your shots. One of your men manages to shoot himself in the foot, though. Then, the Orks close into melee range, with your men drawing their combat knifes and leaping into the fray [ork: 4+1, 1+1, 2+1, 2+1, 2+1, 3+1, 6+1] vs [Guards: 6, 1, 1, 5, 4, 5, 3] your men mainly hold their own, with one getting a deep gash along his arm. One of the Orks, in a bloodrage, rips one of your men in half, as two others stab him in both eyes simultaneously, bringing him down. Another Guardsmen manages to get off a few point blank rounds into an Ork, just as it flat out punches him, breaking a few ribs behind his armor plate.

Mask Wolf
You sense the impending melee, firing a last burst [5] and kill an Ork before they are upon you. [Orks: 6+1, 6+1, 3+1, 5+1, 1+1] vs [Guards: 3, 4, 3, 5, 2, 1] Immediately, one of your men gets cleaved in half by a wild swing from an Ork, punching clean through his Flak Plate. Another soldier has his arm cut off at the shoulder, when trying to parry an overhand slice at him. Yet another manages to block the first attack, while the Ork, enraged at his Nob Leada' being shot, headbutts him, knocking him to the ground, his head bleeding. You arent sure if he's dead or not. You manage to [6] vs [4] stab your blade through the leg of one of the larger beasts, severing the joint and amputating its leg at the kneecap. You underestimate its size, though, and become trapped underneath!

Corran
you attempt to push the Guardsmen off the gun as they are reloading [6] Shoving one of them out of the bunker slit and into the melee! The others seem less than thrilled by this and [4] barely restrain themselves from shooting you, opting instead to punch you square in the face [4] vs [6] You evade his blow, grabbing the autocannon and releasing hell as the Guardsmen stumble back [5, 3, 6, 4, 5, 3] Your volley does good, taking out four Orks and three Gretchin in one sweep. The men behind you regain their balance and [5] rip you off the gun.

Publius Maro
(Charisma)[6-1] Somehow, even with the overwhelming odds, you motivate the troops to fight even fiercer! "You can do it men! I believe in you! Use those knifes that were paid for by tax dollars!"... Well, maybe not as much as you hoped... +2 morale to units

Krek
You leap up onto the Bunker [2] misjudge your footing, and smack your face on the concrete wall on the way down [3] nothing's broken, but you'll have a hell of'a bruise in the morning. You decide descrepancy is the better part of valor, and fire your autogun on full, well, auto [6-1, 3-1, 4-1] vs [2, 4, 2]bagging yourself an Ork and a gretchin that were getting too close for comfort.

Saria
Saria, seeing the threat the closing in orks give, order her men to fall back [2] they take this as a sign of full retreat, and run back towards the main gate! "Get back here,you cowards! Or by the Emperor I will have you executed!" This tactic doesn't seem to work however, and they continue their withdrawal. your men have broken.

Everyone
Now that the Orks have gotten into melee, the gritty, bloody brawling has begun. [Orks: 5+1] vs [Guards:1 (ouch)] The guardsmen are obviously getting the worst of it, with Choppas' slicing through frail human skin and bone, bathing the area in blood. There seems to be very few men left, mostly gathered together by Commissar Publius, fighting valiantly. The last gun opens up, firing a last burst before a group of gretchin head inside (#2)[1, 2, 2, 2, 2, 6] Amazingly missing every single round up till the last, when a coupla Boyz attempt to climb through the firing slit, where they are met with a faceful of lead. A group of guardsmen, hearing the fighting, comes rushing out of the Main Gate, and starts trying to fight their way towards your beleagured group.

Remaining Orks:47 - 13 = 34
Remaining Gretchin: 12 - 6 = 6

Remaining Guardsmen: 16 - 12 = 4 (in bunker #2, fighting the last Gretchin)
Saria: 6 Guardsmen, Broken (0+2=2 morale)
Derek: 3 Active, 2 Injured, 1 Dead. (6-2+2=6 morale)
Mask: 3 Active, 1 Injured, 2 Dead. (9-3+2=8 morale)
Guardsmen at East Gate: 24

(Total in outpost:150 - {current deaths:19} = 131 Remaining)
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9