Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9

Author Topic: Dead, join the other thread.  (Read 7224 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K RtD: 4/4 (waitlisters can play)
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2014, 02:46:47 pm »

(( I'm considering naming myself Redshirt. ))
(You are. PDF is another name for Redshirt!)

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2014, 02:51:01 pm »

(( That's kinda the point. ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2014, 04:50:21 pm »

Derek Johnson
"Alright, FIRE!" [3,5,2,6,6,1] Three of your men hit their targets, two of them getting a bit overzealous and peppering the entire area. One of them kinda hits, but then stops for some reason. The other two flat out miss. Well, at least it wasn't a firefight.

Mask Wolf
You and your men, followed by Publius, still spewing "moral support" head northward to the #1 bunker, and meet some of the Guardsmen there. They seem tenser than usual and... Is that a smoke cloud?

Pancaek
Your... rousing... speech [1-1] seems to depress the men even further. Even the Commissariat Cadets, normally stoic, brave individuals, seem to be examining their thoughts. Trapped in a melancholic mood. Well, that didn't go as expected. You trudge behind Publius, and he turns around and gives you a curious look, as if saying "maybe you should leave it to the professionals"...

Saria
You head outside, only to find your troopers loitering near the training field. They seem pretty tired, maybe they just finished their laps? As you look around, you notice that there seem to be less men around. Was there an assembly you missed or something?

Publius
You continue following Mask and his men, glancing back at the PDF guy. Hmm, maybe he's a liability. He seems to be decreasing morale instead of strengthening it. Wonder if there's something you could do about it...

Patrick Hunt
You inform Mask of the happenstance you noticed, and he gives you a curt nod, then briskly heads off in that direction. You head down south, to bunker #3, to inform them of what's happening and to put them on standby.

Everyone but Derek and Saria
The plume of smoke to the north grows larger and more distinct, followed by a low rumbling noise. It seems that the Greenskins haven't forgotten about you yet...
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2014, 04:53:42 pm »

(( Does my PDF squad have a commanding officer? ))
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2014, 04:57:33 pm »

((No, you guys are just the remains of the PDF on the planet. I'm just using them for people on the waitlist, until I get more people that want to play. Don't worry, the other players should die quickly :P. this is WH40K after all.))
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2014, 05:02:07 pm »

(( Oh, so no NPC PDF then? Was gonna play NCO but if it's only players that doesn't work. ))
Caine's law.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2014, 05:17:56 pm »

((So uh, not that it matters terribly much, but why did I get a -1?))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K RtD: First engagement?
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2014, 05:20:52 pm »

((Sorry pancaek, took into account your char sheet. Forgot for a min that you were PDF, but it would have had the same effect since it was a 1.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2014, 05:26:45 pm »

((So uh, not that it matters terribly much, but why did I get a -1?))

((Probably because nobody likes the dude who willingly hangs out with a Commissar.))

"Let's give a big hand to this fellow right here. He tries, bless him. At least he's burning with patriotism and optimism! Now, if only the rest of you wonderful people could take that to heart, I wouldn't have to even be here at all! You'd kill all the orks by yourselves, get all the hot Sisters of Battle and promotions that set you at a desk far, far away from anything even vaguely resembling combat. It's all a question of morale, you see..."

Address the soldiers again. Inform them of the good things they will achieve with positive thinking, teamwork and, of course, synergy. Synergy, synergy, synergy! Synergy's the word! Emphasize it!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 16, 2014, 05:31:25 pm »

((Yeah, no problems. Just going to keep my trap shut from now on, don't want to depress these guys so much they end up killing themselves.))

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 16, 2014, 05:52:22 pm »

Head to bunker 1 and settle myself into a good position with cover and a clear line of sight, preferably on an upper floor if possible.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 07:14:20 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 16, 2014, 07:06:08 pm »

Order my men to spread out and take cover, preparing for an assault

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K RtD: Commissariat now promoting Synergy!
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2014, 10:54:01 am »

((I'll give Fniff and Pancaek a couple of hours, then I'll auto them.))

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2014, 11:28:16 am »

"You men done your laps yet?"
Question the soldiers on the situation.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2014, 11:33:36 am »

"That was....yeah...thanks for the support, commissar sir."

Follow Publius, look out for trouble and react accordingly
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9