Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Dead, join the other thread.  (Read 7220 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K RtD: 4/4 (waitlisters can play)
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2014, 08:20:34 am »

Take my men to the firing range. I want them to be ready if there are any attacks.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 16, 2014, 09:45:51 am »

patrol the north quadrant first.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 16, 2014, 10:42:47 am »

Go find Publius Maro. Follow him around. ((new action a few posts down))

"Commissar, Sir, do you require an aide?"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 11:33:31 am by Pancaek »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 16, 2014, 11:05:34 am »

Go find Publius Maro. Follow him around.

"It depends. How well can you holler, if I may ask? And how good are you at rhetoric?"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 16, 2014, 11:13:16 am »

Go find Publius Maro. Follow him around.

"It depends. How well can you holler, if I may ask? And how good are you at rhetoric?"
"I believe I can raise my voice  quite well when it is required of me, sir. As for rhetoric, I believe I am somewhat rusty. But if I stick with you, commissar sir, I believe seeing a master at work will get me back into the game in no time"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 16, 2014, 11:20:05 am »

"Ah! You are no stranger to the arts of flattery! Very well. Motivate these troops. I wish to see your skill. Perhaps you are indeed a worthy apprentice."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2014, 11:33:05 am »

"Ah! You are no stranger to the arts of flattery! Very well. Motivate these troops. I wish to see your skill. Perhaps you are indeed a worthy apprentice."
"I'll see what I can do, sir." He adresses the troops.

"LISTEN UP. I see you there in the front rank, looking at the commissar with weary eyes. I see you, cadets, looking miserable and silently praying to the emperor. Well I've got news for you, the Emperor isn't going to pretect any of you, no matter how much you pray to him. Because the Emperor has no time FOR LITTLE GIRLS WHO CURL UP INTO A BALL AND CRY at the first sign of xeno scum!  What are you? Women? are you not guardsmen? are you not proud men of salvos? Have we not held back the orks for two years with nothing but courage and mettle?

Remember Terra, remember HIS sacrifice, remember your duty. So let's go, march with our heads held high and show these drooling greenskin bastards that you do not fuck with the imperium of man! You do not fuck with the guard!"

After this, he turns to the commissar. "I think I might have gone overboard just a little there."

Follow commissar, adress men

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2014, 11:34:52 am »

Watch for the reaction of the troops.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2014, 11:48:24 am »

Run the circuit and warn the weapon crews that there's unauthorized movements beyond the Grid. Try to warn any Patrols that are leaving as well.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2014, 02:10:08 pm »

Oh, and pancaek, like the other waitlisters, you're just a PDF force guys for now, and you start out on the Defense Grid. Publius and Mask haven't left yet, they're just arriving at the gate heading out of the base. Let me elaborate a little -
Te Oupost is a rectangular area about 1.5 kilometers east west, and 1 kilometer north south. On the north west side is the barracks/mess hall, the northeast contains the training field, the southwest houses the Mechanicus and Munitorium, and the southeast has the firing range. The entire area is surrounded by a 8 foot high, 3 foot wide Plastcrete wall, with an east and west main gate. To the east, is the Defense Grid outside of the Outpost by about a 100 meters, which I have describe before. It runs parallel to the base walls with a slight curve. Once I figure out how to post my damn MS paint it'll give you guys a better idea. For now, all PDF guys (anyone on the waitlist) start at bunker #2, which is outside the main gate. You can have this conversation if you want, I'll just retcon it that Mask is waiting inside the Grid by the bunker.
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2014, 02:14:03 pm »

Check back with my troops to make sure they are still running and aren't just pretending.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 16, 2014, 02:15:52 pm »

Oh in that case.

Running up to Wolf the soldier stops and salutes briefly.

"Sir, I detected movement outside the Grid, the gun teams are on alert now and I thought it best to warn you before you walk into an enemy attack without the benefit of the outposts defenses."

(( I'm considering naming myself Redshirt. ))

Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 16, 2014, 02:31:02 pm »

(( i know I'm just a pdf guy, but I liked the idea of sticking around a commissar. If that's not possibe though, just change my action to getting inside a machime gun nest or something.

also, for paint stuff. You'll need to upload the image to some kind of image hosting site, then enter the link with the insert image button in the top left of the post screen. just google free image host, you don't even need an account))

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 16, 2014, 02:37:27 pm »

Well. This is awkward. here it is

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 02:44:15 pm by WhitiusOpus »
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 16, 2014, 02:43:11 pm »

"Alright men. Pretend that wall is a group of orks or something. Now...fire."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9