Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: Dead, join the other thread.  (Read 7217 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K RtD: 3/4 (waitlisters can play)
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2014, 02:35:25 pm »

Is it my character concept, or something else?

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2014, 02:41:11 pm »

Is it my character concept, or something else?

He probably means your character concept. It's probably a bit too incongruous with WH40K, which as far as I know is pretty grimdark, you know, it being WH40K and all.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2014, 02:56:53 pm »

I'm in for the waitlist then, making a sheet now.

Spoiler: Techpriest (click to show/hide)

((Is there any chance of getting mechadendrites later on?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 03:14:29 pm by Pancaek »

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2014, 03:00:16 pm »

I'l chane my concept, then.

DarkArtemisFowl

• Bay Watcher
  • Worlds together, worlds apart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2014, 03:03:52 pm »

I'm entering, just let me get home so I can create a sheet.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2014, 03:10:10 pm »

Oh wait, you were being serious?
Sorry then, I thought you were trolling for a minute there. Yeah W40K is kinda dark, and your character is a bit too... Silly... Just make a serious character, that you would expect to find in a war torn future. Not a Soda Fighter. :P
Quote from: The Froggy Ninja
Young Masches: Fetch yonder blade!
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Forgotten Heroes: WH40K RtD: 4/4 (waitlisters can play)
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2014, 03:13:36 pm »

Yeah, I kinda came up with it on the fly. I changed it now, should be more appropriate.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2014, 03:26:25 pm »

Waitlist please. I'll complete a sheet later tonight.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2014, 04:48:50 pm »

Alright, so for you waitlist guys, you'll get a PDF class char until someone dies and I find an IC reason you get your class and stats :P. You won't get and negatives or positives to your rolls as a PDF, and you won't be getting stats and Req points, but hey, it's better than most wait lists. If you die, then, well you stay dead till a Player dies.

Now that we got enough players, I'll be posting a sketch of the outpost and a summary of your starting positions before long, I just need to get to my computer, I'm posting from a mobile atm.
Masches grabs his "sword." Navi gasps. Her aura flushes a pinkish hue and she flies out the window.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2014, 07:16:10 pm »

Alright, here we go.

Mask Wolf
"THE XENOS WILL EAT YOU ALIVE IF YOU CONTINUE THAT WAY!" you scream at the Guardsman.
You are standing in the training field, conducting an exercise which [3] seems to be going about how you expected. Half your men dont know their Las rifle from a stick. While the other half are almost as grizzled as you."I don't have time for this..." you mutter, as one of the newer troops fumbles with his rifle. absently, you look out over the field, examining what remains of the base. the "field" you are standing on is just an empty, dirt area with a few practice dummies for hand-to-hand fighting. Back behind you is the barracks, where some other Guardsmen are talking and smoking. over to your right is a defence wall, erected to make sure stray rounds don't hit the field you and your men are on. Now, you turn your gaze to the front, narrowing your eyes. Thats where the threat will come from. The meager 8 foot high by 3 foot wide plastcrete wall between you and the front wouldn't stop a crazed Gretchin...

Publius Maro
[2+1=3] "Don't lose hope men! We are probably dead anyways, but at least you can die for the Emperor! He probably won't notice, but you still can!"
You provide "moral" support, standing outside of the barracks flanked by your Cadets. Handing out flyers to passing troops, they eye you warily. Commissars are notoriously unstable, and this one seems more so than normal...

Saria Calvo
"... and fire!" you command. You are standing behind your Guardsmen at the Firing range, las rifle rounds providing piercing whirs and puffs of smoke as they hit [5+1=6] everything. Almost everything on the opposite side of the field is obliterated with las rifle fire. "Cease fire!" you command, rolling your eyes. "They always seem to get overzealous around me..." you mutter, as some of the men argue over who hit what target. The firepower seems impressive now, but you wonder how it would fair to an Ork...

Derek Johnson
".. What'dya mean I can't have a power fist?" You grumble to the armory Servitor [3] "Sir, you do not have the Requisition Points to conduct that purchase. I must ask you to leave the premises." You mutter and grumble to yourself as you walk out of the Munitorium, daydreaming about punching the damn machines head off. You head into the barracks, meeting and exchanging some jokes with your men. Their moral seems pretty high, you haven't lost anyone so far, and there hasn't been an Ork raid for over a week. You wonder hoow much longer that will last...

All people on the Waitlist, AKA PDF Forces
You are all standing near Stronghold #2 in the Defense Grid, exchanging jokes and conversation. You hear a low grumble out in the distance. Eh, it's probably a malfunctioned vox out in a building somewhere.

((There you guys go, and here's a crude ms paint of the base layout.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:19:28 pm by WhitiusOpus »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2014, 07:19:16 pm »

Walk the perimeter carefully looking for signs of enemies.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 15, 2014, 07:38:24 pm »

Saria puts on her 'angry training sergeant' look and gets to shouting at the arguers. "Look, who cares if who hit what! You all hit it, that's my official orders! I don't want you lot frakking about in battle like this! You're Imperial Guardsman, you only work when it's all together. Now stop arguing or I'll send you over for another pep talk to Commissar Maro, and I think we can all agree that's the worst possible outcome."
Discipline the soldiers, then go to the mess hall and get some recaf.

4maskwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • 4mask always angle, do figure theirs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 15, 2014, 07:46:36 pm »

Mask sighs, then his face becomes stern.   A subtle cough gets the soldier's attention.
"Now, if you are all quite done messing around, we have border patrol in..." checks watch, swears, "five minutes.  So if any of you want to take a dump before we go, too bad.  We're already pushing it leaving this late."

Get squad together and head to patrol start.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2014, 04:58:13 am »

"Remember, orks are actually more afraid of you than you are of them! It's just that orks react to fear differently than we do!"

Motivate! Follow the troops on their way.

WhitiusOpus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro-radiation Lobbyist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2014, 08:04:08 am »

Shit, sorry about that guys. Late post for me, I didn't realize the pic didn't show up. I'll try to get it here. In the meantime -

Patrick Hunt
You leave the group of other PDF guys, and start walking down the length of the "Defense Grid". Boy, that's an overstatement, you think to yourself. The "Grid", in reality, is a 8 foot deep by 10 foot wide trench, with firing steps on the sides to see and shoot over it. The stretch outside of your Outpost looks to be roughly a klick, on a north/south axis, with 3 Bunkers evenly spaced along the way.  Groups of Guardsmen manning Autoguns and Heavy Bolter mounts are inside. You step into one of them, the farthest North, making idle talk with the men there. The bunker is nothing special, a 10x10 Plastcrete square with a east facing, horizontal slit cut into for the guns and a door in the back.

You look out over the fields to the east, scattered with rusted Battle Tanks and equipment. Craters filled with pieces of razorwire and see a light dust cloud. [intu: 5] oh god... It could be Ork movements. It's not credible enough yet, but you could warn the weapon crews...

Saria
You decide that [Int: 6-1] they need to straighten up! "You boys think your funny eh? You won't be laughing on the run! Get moving!" You bark. They immediately snap to attention, and you give them orders to make a few laps around the inside of the base perimeter. You nod to yourself in satisfaction, that should keep them busy for a while. You then head over to the mess hall in the barracks, and get yourself a cup of recaf. It's too bad they've been reusing the same materials for the past month, the caf is almost as weak as water.

Mask Wolf
[cha: 4-1+1=4]"We're movin' out men! Got a patrol schedule to keep!" They grumble and take their time, but they form up and you lead the out the main gate to the east, to the 'Grid. Which direction do you want to lead the patrol, north or south?

Publius Maro
[cha: 4+1+1=6] "Also, you may fear the Orks, but they know fear to!" You almost scream, "And you know what scares an Ork the most? Cannabalism! Eat your Comrades to instill terror in the enemy!" You follow Mask and his squad as they gear up and head out, the Cadets flanking you, always on the lookout for external danger. The Guardsmen in front look back at you warily. Was it something you said?

Derek Johnson
[cha: 5-1=4] "Form up men, we need some practice" you shout, heading into the barracks. Your men respond, not willingly, but they form up, and then you lead them over to the firing range. "Fire on my command men!"
« Last Edit: January 16, 2014, 08:50:05 am by WhitiusOpus »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9